Calabogie Sunday 6/7- Monday 6/8 Roll Call

Bifferone

1literduceater;60452 wrote: Your kidding, right?????

Why would I be kidding? Calabogie smokes mostly every track in the US and it is only 3.5 hours from me. At $140US a day, you cannot beat it.

rk97

until Calabogie returns NESBA's calls, are we supposed to pretend the track doesn't exist?

ridelater

that track is nice i will give u that, but is just to dangerous. there are just to many wall to ride it at speed. throw in a billion+ skitters and you can keep it

rk97

Morph is of the opinion that it's tacky to talk about events not run by NESBA on the NESBA board. I believe he views them as 'competing' events because they're run the same weekend as events NESBA is also running.

Landshark

Control Rider
rk97;61146 wrote: Morph is of the opinion that it's tacky to talk about events not run by NESBA on the NESBA board. I believe he views them as 'competing' events because they're run the same weekend as events NESBA is also running.
LMAO.... does Morph have anything else to say?

Bifferone

rk97;61146 wrote: Morph is of the opinion that it's tacky to talk about events not run by NESBA on the NESBA board. I believe he views them as 'competing' events because they're run the same weekend as events NESBA is also running.
WOW. Aren't there more important things to worry about? Like having a good time and not worrying about what other people have to say?

Morph

Control Rider
Bifferone;61168 wrote: WOW. Aren't there more important things to worry about? Like having a good time and not worrying about what other people have to say?
Not worried...just saying. Recruiting people to do a trackday that is in direct competition with this orgs events.(on its bandwith no less)..is at the very least tacky. And the very most. Disrespectful to the people who have made sacrifices the make this The great club that it is. If you don't get that...well...I understand.

rk97

I don't see how "who's racing WERA XX/XX" is any different though. you're still 'recruiting' people to do an event instead of riding with NESBA.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong - i'm just trying to understand why you find it ok in one instance, but objectionable in others.

rk97

but doing a race instead of a trackday is no different (financially) than riding with another TD org. In both cases, you're spending time and money that might otherwise have gone to NESBA.

NESBA doesn't offer racing. I'm with you there. you have to go to WERA to race.

NESBA doesn't offer Calabogie either. I have to go to Pro6Cycle to ride it. That's why I don't see anything wrong with talking about it on the board.

Morph

Control Rider
rk97;61200 wrote: but doing a race instead of a trackday is no different (financially) than riding with another TD org. In both cases, you're spending time and money that might otherwise have gone to NESBA.

NESBA doesn't offer racing. I'm with you there. you have to go to WERA to race.

NESBA doesn't offer Calabogie either. I have to go to Pro6Cycle to ride it. That's why I don't see anything wrong with talking about it on the board.
I get you don't "get it". It's ok. It takes a village.

rk97

the only thing i don't "get" is your inability to see the contradiction in your logic.

you're entitled to your opinion on whether or not threads about outside events are in bad taste. I'd just like for you to apply that opinion consistently.

Bifferone

Morph;61175 wrote: Not worried...just saying. Recruiting people to do a trackday that is in direct competition with this orgs events.(on its bandwith no less)..is at the very least tacky. And the very most. Disrespectful to the people who have made sacrifices the make this The great club that it is. If you don't get that...well...I understand.
First and foremost, you call what I did as "recruiting". That is the furthest thing from reality and the truth. If you took your time and noticed I posted this "Roll Call" thread on 6/5 for a trackday taking place 2 days later on 6/7 and 6/8. How is that "recruiting"? The thread was to take note of anyone else that was going to be at the track and take an opportunity to meet up and become acquainted. As you are well aware, trackdays fill up pretty quick and posting up a "roll call" thread a couple days prior to the trackday is harmless.

If it is harmful to the NESBA organization to post up a "roll call" of a competing organization, they ought to put it in the rules you must do a secret handshake when you meet and bleed NESBA blue. BTW, I paid my $75 to be a member of NESBA as well. If politics insue, there will be no renewel in '10. Money is tight and will spend it where it is appreciated. Like in Canada through foreign trackday organizations. BTW, how does Pro6cycle and NESBA compete? They don't even go to any of the same tracks you j()azz?

Why don't you just mind your own business and let things be? The last I looked, you aren't a moderator here.

rk97

i don't think you need to be a moderator to have an opinion.

i don't think calling Morph a 'j()azz' is necessary either.

Morph is what I refer to as a 'NESBA loyalist' - and i mean that in the nicest possible way. He's passionate about NESBA and doesn't ride with any other trackday orgs. That's a luxury I wish I could afford.