Calabogie Sunday 6/7- Monday 6/8 Roll Call

Morph

Control Rider
rk97;61215 wrote: the only thing i don't "get" is your inability to see the contradiction in your logic.

you're entitled to your opinion on whether or not threads about outside events are in bad taste. I'd just like for you to apply that opinion consistently.
My opinion is that...mine. As to what you would like. It's "duely noted". As to the contridiction. I don't see it. Clearly there is a difference between racing and trackdays that goes far beyond dates and money as you mentioned. That is what your not getting. Again IMHO. By why don't you get one last post so you can have the final word. I'm sure that would satisfy you. I'm good with that

Morph

Control Rider
rk97;61222 wrote: i don't think you need to be a moderator to have an opinion.

i don't think calling Morph a 'j()azz' is necessary either.

Morph is what I refer to as a 'NESBA loyalist' - and i mean that in the nicest possible way. He's passionate about NESBA and doesn't ride with any other trackday orgs. That's a luxury I wish I could afford.
That is completely false. I do ride with other companys.

rk97

I was not aware that you ride with other organizations. I apologize for posting incorrect information.

the contradiction in your logic is that you seem fine with posts about WERA events, but not with posts about Trackdays not run by NESBA. Nevermind the fact that NESBA does not ride this particular track.

BOTH are an alternative activity to riding with NESBA. I don't see how you can have a problem with one, and be fine with the other. Racing and trackdays are not the same thing. there is no dispute there. But the effect on NESBA is 100% the same - fewer riders at events scheduled on the same date. There are many members and even CRs who attend WERA races instead of NESBA events close by. Nelson Ledges was the same weekend as BeaveRun in May, but I didn't see you up in arms against that thread 'recruiting' people to race with WERA.

you're taking a different stance on what is (for NESBA's purposes) the same situation. that is a contradiction. If you're ok with that, then that's fine - but then you're right, being ok with a contradiction is something I don't "get."

Morph

Control Rider
Bifferone;61219 wrote: First and foremost, you call what I did as "recruiting". That is the furthest thing from reality and the truth. If you took your time and noticed I posted this "Roll Call" thread on 6/5 for a trackday taking place 2 days later on 6/7 and 6/8. How is that "recruiting"? The thread was to take note of anyone else that was going to be at the track and take an opportunity to meet up and become acquainted. As you are well aware, trackdays fill up pretty quick and posting up a "roll call" thread a couple days prior to the trackday is harmless.

If it is harmful to the NESBA organization to post up a "roll call" of a competing organization, they ought to put it in the rules you must do a secret handshake when you meet and bleed NESBA blue. BTW, I paid my $75 to be a member of NESBA as well. If politics insue, there will be no renewel in '10. Money is tight and will spend it where it is appreciated. Like in Canada through foreign trackday organizations. BTW, how does Pro6cycle and NESBA compete? They don't even go to any of the same tracks you j()azz?

Why don't you just mind your own business and let things be? The last I looked, you aren't a moderator here.

Dates, times and luner alignments withstanding. I consider it tacky to post anothers companys trackday and on it's competitors forum. I won't even address the interweb name calling, but it explains alot. Blame Canada!..and have a great day.

JohnS

I would like add there is a Nesba racing forum provided by Nesba. there is not a who is riding with another club forum.

rk97

JohnS;61283 wrote: I would like add there is a Nesba racing forum provided by Nesba. there is not a who is riding with another club forum.

you're right - the section is called "trackdays." the event posted was a trackday. It's not called "NESBA trackdays."

if the moderators want to make a rule against posting about other orgs events, I'll happily follow it
(the WERA board prohibits CCS discussions).

I don't even fully disagree with Morph that it's in bad taste to start such a thread. I'm legitimately conflicted on the issue - i just don't think "oh how tacky" is a productive or necessary post.

"please don't post announcements or roll-calls for other groups' events." would have gotten a MUCH different response, IMO.

i'm un-subscribing from this thread. anyone who wants to discuss the topic further shouldn't hesitate to PM me. no hard feelings on my side of things. I mean that. If i can marry a liberal, I can certainly keep liking Morph after such a trivial e-gument. ;)

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
It's kind of like walking into Pizza Hut with a Domino's box, sitting down to eat and asking the waiter for a glass of water.

Bifferone

D-Zum;62049 wrote: It's kind of like walking into Pizza Hut with a Domino's box, sitting down to eat and asking the waiter for a glass of water.
Kinda but not. They do not run the same tracks. It is kinda like me asking who is going to Laguna Seca on here. Kinda like NESBA does not go to Laguna Seca do they?

steph1000

Bifferone;60359 wrote: Who is heading up to Calabogie this weekend? Look me up 07 CBR600RR #25 Chris
how was the track??? dont mean to be tacky i ride that track often did you guys like it?

Bifferone

steph1000;62249 wrote: how was the track??? dont mean to be tacky i ride that track often did you guys like it?
Calabogie is awesome. Best track and not many people from the US make the trip there. It's only 3.5 hours from here. I was running 2:25 laps on my 600. Hitting Mosport in July and back to bogie in August.

steph1000

Bifferone;62297 wrote: Calabogie is awesome. Best track and not many people from the US make the trip there. It's only 3.5 hours from here. I was running 2:25 laps on my 600. Hitting Mosport in July and back to bogie in August.
good lap times...just came back from watching the pros at the canadian superbike championship and the lowest laptimes were from 2:01s to 2:12s ...very fast...lol...what dates are you doing in august???