CCS at Summit Who's In?

Katie785

Got a call from someone at practice. There's only 20 people there total doing todays practice, so taht's a plus for us who need to register still. We plan on pitting in the grass near turn 10 by the Penske truck that's already tehre. Wade's getting there around 5 and I'll be rolling in around 530/6 I've got the R6 with the black and neon wrap on it #785

Katie785

Hmm.... not sure? I know with WERA it is.. but for CCS? if that;s the case, I'll drive my Big Bertha Van into the woods and sleep there. - i am such a light sleeper that i usually need a drink or 2 or ear plugs to be able to sleep at the track.

Katie785

Millwoodva;57032 wrote: Only at the WERA National in August ...:D
steal towels? They stole ALL of manoti's clothes!! and that was At BeaveRun... that was the same night they zip tied the zippers on our tent so we couldnt get out lol.... The vid of Manotti is the funniest thing I have ever seen. If only he would allow us to share it :)

Millwoodva

Katie785;57036 wrote: steal towels? They stole ALL of manoti's clothes!! and that was At BeaveRun... that was the same night they zip tied the zippers on our tent so we couldnt get out lol.... The vid of Manotti is the funniest thing I have ever seen. If only he would allow us to share it :)
DAYUM... Wasn't aware of the stealin' / zipper stuff...
I was just refering to the party around Ridge Racing's pit...
For the last 15 years or so.. WERA/Summit (Donnie) let things go beyond the "norm" Saturday night after the 6 hour.... for a few hours, till 11pm or so... flat tracking, burnouts ect..
Years ago... we raced pitbikes through the woods on the walking pathes..6-10 bikes.. nose to tail....
...At night
... with only the leader using a headlight... :wow:
Stupid I know....:banghead:

Clarus

I'm going to say Monday. Won't have to share track time with qualifying, and the weather should be better too.

Macon663

Live update: first time on bike in 6 months means I'm going slow. greytop, katie and todd all doin well.

greytop

Live update:

My first race experience. F40 started 10th row finished 4th, 1 spot off podium :)

I'm hooked! Learning a bunch. Thanks to Katie, Todd, Big Steve etc for hyping me up and all the pre-race pointers.

Katie started like 35th in GTU (25 min) and came home 8th. Great job!

Macon663

Had a bit of a rough start to the weekend. The bike was making a funny noise from the head of the engine and no one was really sure what it was. Been 6 months since I was on the bike and I hadn't really turned it on in a while so I couldn't remember if i had heard the noise before. Only got a few practice sessions in on Saturday since I spent most of the day tearin apart the airbox and a few other things trying to find the problem (to no avail). Finally decided to run it regardless and went out into practice. My last race ended in a crash down at VIR back in October. I did 23's in practice the first day which had me a bit worried about my performances for the rest of the weekend. My best last year was a high 17.

My first race Sunday, I got an 8th a did a 21. Not very good, but, it was a step in the right direction from 23's.

Monday things seemed to settle back into place as I did some 20's in practice and then in my races got a 3rd (o wait...no...no...I actually ran out of gas on the last lap and Todd got 3rd...that was the first and hopefully last time that happens), got a 5th, a 2nd, and a 19th? (it was the second of a back to back Monday afternoon and I ran off into 1...twice).

Not entirely sure what my best laptime was but I saw 19's on the sheet which is a couple seconds slower than last year but...for first time back on the track in 6 months...I was pretty happy with the results. Really would have preferred not to run out of gas tho.

Got to hangout and talk shop with Greytop, Todd, and Katie a bunch which was great. Lookin forward to VIR in a month. Also got my bike dynod for the first time which was kinda neat since Wade talked me into it.