CCS at Summit Who's In?

k6sinfiddy

Yoooo it was good to see all you guys there... I had a great time!
Sorry Pete for the bike mishaps, but you still did great out there.
O i`ll get those pliers from ya whenever lol.

Katie you were looking great out there, I glad we got the whole GTO/GTU things straight haha. Sirry i had a cheater bike in there wit yall.

Todd man congrats on podium bro!!! You were smoking out there!

Wade you also did great man 1 spot of from podium dude. Keep it up you`ll get`em back.

Macon663

Yea Todd, what is this? I just looked online and saw you won the supertwins race?? thats awesome man!!! WOOHOO!!!! Wheres the champagne?!

Katie785

Congrats everyone! I had a great weekend and it was a ton of fun pitting with everyone. Thanks again for all the help.
Saturday I did practice, and ran 22s, which is a few seconds off my normal times of 20s. Sunday I ran the Solo.. started at the back of the 2nd wave (waves were surprisingly long!) but managed an 8th. Next race on Saturday got red flagged after 3 laps and I went from something like 30 (back of 2nd wave) and got into 11th. They gave us new grid positions for the restart and I was pumped because I was running 20s right there with the top 3, so I could get them on the start and battle it out finally. 5 min later, they decided to call the race. Blah. Monday I raced the MW Superbike and ended up 9th from 30th or so with another race ended early for a red flag. It was a good weekend though. Penske let me borrow a shock for my Monday race and that ROCKED. there's nothing like running 20s on stock suspension and beat tires lol.

Oh.. and by the way, Pete, you surprised the heck out of me in practice.. I didnt know you were running 17s before .. I thought you were just running 23s like the day before so when i passed you in practice i really didn't expect to battle like that haha. I'm just glad you didn't loose it in that pile of sand and oil in 1. That freaked me out!

Macon663

yeah, that was a fun practice for sure. 3 or 4 laps in a row...coming out of 10...yep, there goes katie by me again, what is this baloney...I can't even draft this girl. Does that bike have nitrous? I'm gettin her on the brakes gosh darn it. Why is my front tire sliding? Is there oil on the track? Is she still back there? yep...there she goes again. haha. Fun times.

Todd Stinson

Very fun weekend, great job everyone! Had a friend in town to check out what racing is all about and he was impressed with the family atmosphere in the paddock. Thanks to Wade, Katie, Pete, Will, etc. for the good times and banter.

Performance wise I had a great weekend with higher than anticipated finishes. I followed Peter through the HWSB grid and he towed me to a personal best on main in the race. I would have been thrilled with fourth, but I passed Peter like he was standing still for 3rd. (so what if he ran out of gas) :doh:

Supertwins my plan was to take second as I didn't have the pace to stay with the fastest guy on the grid. So I settled into a comfortable pace and took second, but first forgot his transponder and was DQed giving me the top spot.

It's hard to feel to good about that one, but that's racing so I'll take it.

WOOHOO I GOT SOME TIRE MONEY :D

Rick Johnson

Well it was a really great weekend for me.I had to learn the track on Sat. having never been there.
Thanks for showing me around Katie.I got my first wins ever there in UnlimitedGP(money race) and
Unlimited SB turning a 1:19.051 on a stock suspension.I really need get it done!Also 2nd in GTO leading
about the first 8 laps and 2nd in Unlimited SS.I'm not quite as strong on my 600.Me being about 200lbs.
doesn't help.I got 4th in MWSS and MWGP.9th in GTU and MWSB with a best time of 1:20.474.For my
first time there I was really stoked about getting those times and finshes.I'll be back for the July 4th weekend.Off to VIR next month.

Millwoodva

Todd Stinson;57674 wrote:
Supertwins my plan was to take second as I didn't have the pace to stay with the fastest guy on the grid. So I settled into a comfortable pace and took second, but first forgot his transponder and was DQed giving me the top spot.

It's hard to feel to good about that one, but that's racing so I'll take it.
For those who did not witness the race... I'm sure they "commend your honesty"...

... It was also pleasure watching a few of you (Katie, Todd & Rick) compete this weekend... Well Done...! :congrats:

Millwoodva

Macon663;57714 wrote: Does that 09 that Jones was riding have a supersport motor or is it stock?
Pete,
Stock... Out of the crate... onto the dyno... just like my 10R.
Valve cover has yet to be removed...OEM cam timing ect... (on my 10R as well)
Just the bolt-on stuff... BAZZAZ Fi TC and M4 pipe.
93 pump gas.

Macon663

Millwoodva;57731 wrote: Pete,
Stock... Out of the crate... onto the dyno... just like my 10R.
Valve cover has yet to be removed...OEM cam timing ect... (on my 10R as well)
Just the bolt-on stuff... BAZZAZ Fi TC and M4 pipe.
93 pump gas.
The only time I passed Ryan the whole weekend was when I drafted by him on the straight, when we then proceeded to sandwich some poor guy into 1. I was just curious if my stock (bazzaz, pipe) R6 was doing well against a stock bike or a supersport bike. He did well this weekend. Hopefully I can keep him closer next time. Thanks Jeff.

Millwoodva

Macon663;57732 wrote: The only time I passed Ryan the whole weekend was when I drafted by him on the straight, when we then proceeded to sandwich some poor guy into 1. I was just curious if my stock (bazzaz, pipe) pipe was doing well against a stock bike or a supersport bike. He did well this weekend. Hopefully I can keep him closer next time. Thanks Jeff.
Sure thing Pete...
I'm sure you guys will be "Makin' more samiches" throughout the season..
Good ride...:congrats:

Rick Johnson

Congrats to R. Jones the guy is flat out getting it.How long has he been roadracing?I'm still a new
racer just doing the two VIR races with CCS last year.Those are some nice bikes you and Jones
have.

Millwoodva

Rick Johnson;57758 wrote: Congrats to R. Jones the guy is flat out getting it.How long has he been roadracing?I'm still a new
racer just doing the two VIR races with CCS last year.Those are some nice bikes you and Jones
have.
His background is Moto-X...
and like you, two weekends in 2008. (WERA-June/Sep)

Macon663

I guess I can't be too surprised with ryan's performance. he did 16's last year. Thats retarded. Especially for first and second races.

Digging a little deeper...his best was a 20 in his first race weekend (very respectable). Then he dropped 4 seconds into the 16's 3 months later (thats incredible).

MHR Speedy

Todd Stinson;57674 wrote: Supertwins my plan was to take second as I didn't have the pace to stay with the fastest guy on the grid. So I settled into a comfortable pace and took second, but first forgot his transponder and was DQed giving me the top spot.
I was standing in T10 when first place pulled off the track after the race and the Marshall was checking for his transponder... he was pissed when he realized it wasn't there! FAIL!:banghead:

Todd Stinson

MHR Speedy;57939 wrote: I was standing in T10 when first place pulled off the track after the race and the Marshall was checking for his transponder... he was pissed when he realized it wasn't there! FAIL!:banghead:
Yeah I felt bad for the guy, I'm pretty sure that will never happen again though :D

Rick Johnson

I'm running two bikes and I'm always afraid I'm going to forget to switch them.
It's the first thing I do when I come in for back to backs.
Congrats on the win Todd.

Todd Stinson

Rick Johnson;58383 wrote: I'm running two bikes and I'm always afraid I'm going to forget to switch them.
It's the first thing I do when I come in for back to backs.
Congrats on the win Todd.

Thanks Rick, Congrats to you on your finishes also! See you in a few weeks at VIR :cool: