CCS at VIR Sept. 19-20 who's down?

RacerRuss

In it

I'm in, 600cc expert classes and Sr. Sbk. Sporting the new Pirellis and showing off my sponsor's new GPS data aquisition package.

Jonny

This will be my first time racing. Running Middleweight Supersport and Middleweight Superbike. I know, the meatgrinder class! I'm excited but a little nervous too. I'm sure I'll get over it once the flag drops. Can't wait!

Jonny

Low to mid 1:50's. Slow I know but looking at the last CCS and WERA rounds it looks like I won't be the last guy across the line. But close to it! I didn't have much interest in racing (at least not racing this soon) until I did Cornerspeed's level 1 class earlier this year. The mock race gave me a hint of it and I've been thinking about it since then. And I've had others tell me to just get out there and do it. So here I am. I don't have any illusions of picking up 15 seconds and passing half the field. I just want to get through the weekend in one piece and get the first races (and nerves) out of my system. I'm planning on racing more next year. I've got personal goals as far as my riding/form and improving my time through parts of the track that I have not worked out yet. Sorry for the rambling post but I'm pumped for this weekend! :)

Jonny

Rick Johnson;83791 wrote: You doing Friday practice with conerspeed? Hey just come and have fun.I bet you pick up 2 seconds or more.
Nope. Gotta work but I'll be around Friday night to unload and go through registration. It'll be a good time I'm sure.

Todd Stinson

I think that's awesome Jonny! You will probably get a nice tow from someone and pick up time for sure. Just try not to get sucked into riding over your head.

I was lapped last year at VIR in the GTO race on lap 8 by Jensen. I had no delusions of staying with him more than a turn or two, but I managed to highside myself two turns after he passed mesmerized by how smooth and easy he made it look. :banghead:

Good luck this weekend!

Jonny

Todd Stinson;83859 wrote: I think that's awesome Jonny! You will probably get a nice tow from someone and pick up time for sure. Just try not to get sucked into riding over your head.

I was lapped last year at VIR in the GTO race on lap 8 by Jensen. I had no delusions of staying with him more than a turn or two, but I managed to highside myself two turns after he passed mesmerized by how smooth and easy he made it look. :banghead:

Good luck this weekend!
Yikes! Something to remember for sure. But this is the line I expect to walk this weekend. Gain some speed by being towed but not getting sucked in deep. Unfortunately I think it can be one of those easier said than done deals, especially in the race when the adrenaline is pumping.

Thanks for the advise guys. If you see a pit with an ugly black CBR with 729 on it that's me. Say hi. I won't bite! :p

Dooley

I will be there not racing this time but will be working for michilen. Come give the new power one's a try! Ha! ya'll be safe.

Jonny

That was a frickin' blast! I achieved all of my goals. Didn't crash. Didn't finish last. And improved my lap times. I picked up time everytime I went on track. Just over 6 seconds in the end. Now I need to work on my starts. I'll be back out there next year for sure.

Clarus

Hmm, well I achieved two out of three goals then.

1. Had a total Blast
2. Shaved 2.5 seconds off my best race time
3. Can't say I didn't crash though...

Jonny

Clarus;85056 wrote:
3. Can't say I didn't crash though...
Ultralight race? My brother-in-law was the one you told was fast when you rolled by in the back of the crash truck. His head got really big. Almost couldn't get him into the truck.