Celebrating the Life of Mike Moore, NESBA Mid-Atlantic Director (1966 - 2011)

Bossgobbler

I, like many of us, considered Mike a mentor with time for one and all. Our hearts are indeed heavy. My most sincere condolences to Julie and the rest of Mike's family.

thundertwini

last year he showed me the cool fixed gear single speed bicycle he made. it had all these cool parts and looked gorgeous.

i mentioned to him that I was putting together a single speed (freewheel) bike, cuz I am not a fixie guy. He shared with me some of his favorite parts sources... i liked the seatpost he used so much I bought one. it looks awesome and sano, just like all of mike's stuff looked. sorted. pro.

i finished the bike build this spring, and brought it to a couple of track days, but I never got to show mike. I think it came out great, but not as cool as his.

salut, michael moore!

TDA

RIP Mike. Thanks for the time and patients you gave to everyone. Your no BS style and way of driving home your thoughts and knowledge of safety kept so many of us safe. You will be missed.
My thoughts and prayers go out to Julie and their family at this time.

CptCurt

Deeply saddened to say the least. Not really sure if he knew my name but he always recognized me and for that I always considered him one of my NESBA friends. We could always count on Mike to make sure we had a good, safe day and for that I will be forever grateful. Without a doubt one of the most respected guys in our NESBA family. My thoughts shift to his family and friends who were fortunate enough to know him better than I. Wow....I sure am gonna miss seeing him at the track. :(

ontheR6

I feel so empty, numb, confused, sick and worthless......
RIP Mike.
My deepest condolences to his wife, family and friends.

bjrose

There are no words to express the sadness felt over Mike's passing. To Julie and family, my heartfelt sympathies and prayers are with you. Mike's smile and his true love of what he did with NESBA have touched so many. Will be sadly missed but ever present in the hearts of those who knew him.

Barb

Irish01

My heart goes out to his family and friends :( I got a chance today to see a photo of Mike and realized that I did in fact get a chance to meet him at an event and at a race. What a Great Guy! I can only say that I wish I had the opportunity to get to know him better for sure. Godspeed Mike, you are in a better place and may you ride till your hearts content!

tangogod

Hard to believe

It is hard to believe that Mike has passed! It is just not right!
We morn for a person because in some way the have touched our lives and made a the world a better place, It is never easy to say good by and to let them go. To which there is a simply answer, we hold and keep their memory and the joy and lite they brought into our lives. As so many members and friends have stated Mike touched so many lives including my own. The out pouring of condolences is truly a beautiful testimony to a great and wonderful man.

Mike, thank you for all you have done and shared with us all, you will be greatly missed but never ever forgotten! You will always be with us and watching over us!

God Speed Mike

maxpr1

RIP Mike, like so many others I never had a chance to get to know you, may you rest in peace; My Condolences to your family...... Godspeed

alphamale

One of the best things I remember Mike saying was:

"If you aren't out there trying to improve, you're wasting tires"

Words to live by.

Rest In Peace Sir

slipstreamv2

Even though I barely know him - just met him last Sunday, was fortunate to be there for his morning rider's meeting and a brief conversation, reading everyone's words here I am blown away by what a truly amazing person he was, and deeply saddened...rest in peace, Mike.

Jim G

This is terrible to hear. I've been viewing the board hoping for better news about Mike. He truly represented everything that is good about this club. He didn't have a chip on his shoulder, ran a very organized event and was very approachable to discuss issues or to just have some small talk.
Condolences go out to Julie, his family, and to us all as his 'extended Nesba family'. He will be missed.

Zepp

I would like to offer my condolences to his wife Julie, and all of his family and friends, during this sad and very difficult time.

R.I.P. Mike....Godspeed