CMP Cancelled This Weekend (8/31 - 9/1) ???

Ruhe52

In spite of the low attendance warning they still have to cancel events. Even with a post people will still weather watch sign up late and cancel last min.

Sometimes the planets align and things happen. I can guarantee last thing NESBA wants to do is cancel an event.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Ruhe52;286694 wrote: In spite of the low attendance warning they still have to cancel events. Even with a post people will still weather watch sign up late and cancel last min.

Sometimes the planets align and things happen. I can guarantee last thing NESBA wants to do is cancel an event.
Correct me if I'm reading this wrong, but it sure looks like NESBA is shooting themselves in the foot by offering the elite members the opportunity to do this? :confused:

Ruhe52

Pretty sure that's not entirely accurate John.
It adds a new dynamic to attendance but would it still be available if it were BKing the club?

Again everything is pure speculation we even CRs have no inside peak at numbers or issues and frankly the powers that be have seen it,done it,got the T Shirt, put it on a pretty girl,poured water over said t shirt and took pictures !!!!
Again unfortunate situation but understand no one wanted it to go the way it did. NESBA does not benefit when a day gets cancelled or rained out etc.

thouchin

The elite memberships have some drawbacks for the club but they also have pluses... I will ride 12-16 days with Nesba this year with the elite membership... last year I rode 5.

T.J.

z064life

I will say for whatever reason, this year seems to have more schedule changes than before. Now it looks like my next trip will be NJMP Sept 31/oct 1....and there is an Oct 2 that you can't sign up for. That is a good 13 hour drive for me so it does make it hard to plan vacation, etc around not knowing if it is a 2 day or 3 day event.

I'll continue to go but I'm going to be doing good to get 15 days in and I had hoped to get 20 or more. Hopefully the attendance turns around and the schedule can be more static. I know when it gets released I pretty much plan my entire year.

Ruhe52

Well back to the point of you can't win.
Remember back in Dec and Jan when everyone was yelling "when is the schedule going to be up high when when."
Well it went up pretty quick actually compared to other years and it needed a few adjustments.

Running a business any business is not unlike pressing on one side of a balloon. You press here and it pops out there.
Did I just solve my issue or create a new one. Sometimes you never know until it becomes and issue.
Again have no inside info here but this situation is unfortunate if NESBA PULLED THE PLUG 10 days ago everyone would have been upset and said it will fill out. Perhaps and again I am not saying this is they way to go but let's just say Bob contacted the people that were signed up and said we might have to cancel unless. Unless right now you folks are willing to pay equally what we need to break even. That might be an extra $300 or $400. You commit and let me charge that amount now we will refund proportionately as others sign up during the week. Now the members money is on the table and not the organizations.
Honestly don't think that is a solution because no one would go for it even sharing the risk yet everyone thinks NESBA should expose itself to greater financial risk than it already does.

Again just giving perspective and things to think about. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is allowed to just let it go or moan about it.

z064life

Ruhe,

I'm not complaining I was just stating what I noticed is all. I'm sure NESBA runs as many days as possible and they are always well run. I'm sure it has to do with attendance as most days don't seem that crowded, especially in A group.

Hopefully things turn around and no days need to be dropped. I know I've gotten at least 6 or 7 other riders hooked on trackdays (granted they can't all ride nesba all the time because we are in the midwest) but still I'm doing my part to get people addicted.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Ruhe52;286700 wrote: Pretty sure that's not entirely accurate John.
It adds a new dynamic to attendance but would it still be available if it were BKing the club?

Again everything is pure speculation we even CRs have no inside peak at numbers or issues and frankly the powers that be have seen it,done it,got the T Shirt, put it on a pretty girl,poured water over said t shirt and took pictures !!!!
Again unfortunate situation but understand no one wanted it to go the way it did. NESBA does not benefit when a day gets cancelled or rained out etc.
That does give me a grand idea...NESBA can hire some nice umbrella girls sporting white NESBA t shirts at track days. Everyone knows it gets hot in the summer, so they can pour some nice cool water over them throughout the day.

Pretty sure attendance numbers at NESBA would increase ten fold.... :agree:

Ruhe52

Never said anyone was complaining just pointing out no way to meet all the requests and needs.

John thought of that and brass pole in the paddock but DJ refused to be the entertainment for the ladies. When Meat jumped at the chance it freaked some of the ladies out.
Seriously NESBA trackdays are PG13 rated.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Meat's gonna start pole dancing??????

OH HELL....I'm headed to the bank to get me a BUNCH of $1's NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to take a LOT of money to make his garter belt look full.

:D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;286717 wrote: Meat's gonna start pole dancing??????

OH HELL....I'm headed to the bank to get me a BUNCH of $1's NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to take a LOT of money to make his garter belt look full.

:D
Oh, I am SO in for that!

Ruhe52

No not if Meat is dancing on a pole but if my Lebanese brother Said is dancing on a pole it is shish kebob.

Ruhe52

Now this is the direction this thread should have gone after the first post :D

Nice thread jack guys thanks for the help.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You're quite welcome Mr. Ruhe.

ON a serious note: One of the things that can factor into Labor Day weekend events is the beginning of school. Summer's over..and parents have to get the kids ready for school on Tuesday, so that can bite into attendance at potential track days.

It's just one of those things that weighs on on the scales of work/life balance.

2ndChapter

Sorry to re-vive this thread however, has anyone received their credits? I figured it would happen automatically but it didn't; sent an email in and again figured it would have been addressed yet just checked and still no credit. In short I know they're probably swamped at the NESBA offices but has anyone seen a credit for the CMP cancellation? If so what did you do in order to get your credit?

Thanks in advance..

2ndChapter

Ok.. update I've received the credit for CMP. Must have been already in process because it happened shortly after I posted up.

Thanks again...

twinn-burner

I still have not received my refund. I have spoken on the phone to "NESBA" numerous times but i still have not gotten my money back.