CMP Cancelled This Weekend (8/31 - 9/1) ???

twinn-burner

First let me say i am not hear to bash NESBA but want your guys opinion.

Long story short i have not ridden with NESBA since 06....I signed up for CMP and needless to say the event was a no go.

Long story short "NESBA" says they won't give me back my membership $25 as it is non refundable. (and only gave back my trackday fee)

Keep in mind I only ride at CMP...so i wont be using this membership at all...do you guys think this is fair or not?

Tuono1000R

I think the right thing would be for NESBA to refund the $25. As the customer, you had no influence on the situation and therefore should not pay the penalty.

Ruhe, I have some admiration that you 100% fly the NESBA flag. But, I have a different opinion on this one.

twinn-burner, The advantage of the NESBA memebership is that it is good for one year from the date you purchase it. You can use it again next year. So, take this advantage and come back to the best trackday org in the business. The memberships with the other guys go poof on Dec. 31. Not NESBA's. We've all got our long story's and hurdles in getting to the track. Come out and join us.

Ruhe52

Well I wouldn't say 100% as I have a few other interests and don't agree with all policy but does NESBA know when a guy signs up he is only going to ride one track we offer? So credits for the event go back into the account membership is good for a year there will be a CMP event next year before membership expires.

So policy should be manipulated for each circumstance? Any chance I can walk into McDonalds and order sushi it's what I want.

Hey I am sure everyone here has an a$$hole so it is no surprise we get a bunch of opinions. You are entitled to yours.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
twinn-burner;289546 wrote: First let me say i am not hear to bash NESBA but want your guys opinion.

Long story short i have not ridden with NESBA since 06....I signed up for CMP and needless to say the event was a no go.

Long story short "NESBA" says they won't give me back my membership $25 as it is non refundable. (and only gave back my trackday fee)

Keep in mind I only ride at CMP...so i wont be using this membership at all...do you guys think this is fair or not?
It's completely fair. There is no way NESBA could know you only want to ride CMP. Even then, why is CMP the only track you ride? Hell, even if you live 3 minutes from CMP, there are still a handful of tracks within reasonable driving distance. The membership is good for a year. There's no way there isn't ONE trackday provided by NESBA that you couldn't use your credit on in the year your membership is valid.

And to be quite frank, if you are worried about $25 spent on a year long membership, this sport probably isn't for you. I'm not saying people don't plan their year out financially (I know I do), but a $25 annual fee is a drop of water in the ocean compared to everything else I spend doing this.

thouchin

Otto Man: The arguement that $25 is not enough to worry about can be used for either side. Why is NESBA willing to piss off a potential customer for a measly $25? It is just as easy to say "hey we canceled on you, possibly ruined your weekend, so we will make it up to you by refunding the membership... I hope you decide to come back and try again with us."

Both Ruhe52 and Otto Man's opinion will not bring people to NESBA it will only push them to other clubs. There has been some bad publicity for NESBA this year due to the cancelations. I think they should be going the extra mile to try to negate some of that.

T.J.

Meat

I actually do agree with thouchin to some extent. It is the small personal touches that really make the difference in customer service. Stepping up and refunding the $25 would have been something he remembered and probably would have told others.

Obviously the way CMP was cancelled and then the response by Bob really pissed off most people involved. And it was that exact situation that has made some Nesba members reconsider their strong allegiance to Nesba.

twinn-burner

When I spoke to nesba via phone and email. I expressed I wanted a full refund. It was never told to me I was not getting my $25 until after I got the refund.....just saying.....

Nesba

So page 4, bullet 5 of the riders manual that everyone said they read and agreed to doesn't apply?

I mean where does it end? Where does the line get drawn?

Should i start allowing people to stop on the track even though its in the rule book? Should i waive all late for anyone who asks?

The rules are there for a reason. Should this rule be removed? Maybe maybe not.

The point is when you check that box that said i have read and understand the rules in the riders manual, its a contract an agreement.

Sure i have been known to adjust the rules based on a situation. But honestly where does it end?

Nesba

Meat;289801 wrote: I actually do agree with thouchin to some extent. It is the small personal touches that really make the difference in customer service. Stepping up and refunding the $25 would have been something he remembered and probably would have told others.

Obviously the way CMP was cancelled and then the response by Bob really pissed off most people involved. And it was that exact situation that has made some Nesba members reconsider their strong allegiance to Nesba.

Please explain to me the way it was cancelled? And keep in mind we(NESBA) have no control over what the track does or says.

Meat

Nesba;289810 wrote: Please explain to me the way it was cancelled? And keep in mind we(NESBA) have no control over what the track does or says.
I am not here to get in an argument with you. I stated the sentiments of a few Nesba customers.

I think some (obviously not all) fellow Nesba customers complain to try and get Nesba to change in some way. That just isn't the way Nesba operates and I understand that. I will do Nesba track days to see and ride with friends. When I feel it is no longer worth my time and/or money, I will just move on and ride with another organization without complaints.

So, I'm not here to argue.

Nesba

Meat;289819 wrote: I am not here to get in an argument with you. I stated the sentiments of a few Nesba customers.

I think some (obviously not all) fellow Nesba customers complain to try and get Nesba to change in some way. That just isn't the way Nesba operates and I understand that. I will do Nesba track days to see and ride with friends. When I feel it is no longer worth my time and/or money, I will just move on and ride with another organization without complaints.

So, I'm not here to argue.
Understood, however is what they said true? What is the truth?

Of course the situation was not optimal but i want everyone to know we do the best we can with what we are given.

The sequence of events and who told who on the back end is out of my control. We informed the track, then we informed the members. If anyone found out from any other source but us it was a rumor at that point. Unless they heard it from the track in those hours prior to us informing the members.

Nesba

twinn-burner;289817 wrote: Ok cool. I wanted some clarification and got it.
Wanted to ask you. Do you do the CMP hosted events? What are the cost associated with those events?

thouchin

TBH, I dont think it matters how NESBA handled it. No matter what you do, for the people that ride alot, it will be no big deal and for the poeple that only ride once a year, it will be a huge pita. So you can't win. All you can do is try to work with the guys that only ride once a year and hope they notice you went out of your way and start riding more with NESBA.

It is totally up to you where you draw the line on fudging the rules. I don't know if the guy slammed is fist on the desk and cussed at you demanding a refund. Or if he was super nice. But ignoring HOW he asked for the refund, I can see his point of view and it seems to me he has a case.

It's definately not worth pissing anybody off... so if I did, then Im sorry.

T.J.

Ruhe52

thouchin;289837 wrote: TBH,...All you can do is try to work with the guys that only ride once a year and hope they notice you went out of your way and start riding more with NESBA.
So you would treat the guy that rides one day with NESBA better than your core group of customers?

Point is he got a refund for the amount that was subject to a refund.

Sometimes I have to change my flight because of changes to my schedule and do tons of miles a year I think it unfair that Delta charges me a change fee after all the money I spend but guess what I know that is the deal and have to suck it up. Oh and it's more than $25 and does not last for a year.

I am not saying treat one timers crummy I am just saying you cannot treat them or anyone special or someone is gonna get pissed off. Be it the guy that rides one day or 25 neither is worth losing especially when numbers are already suffering, but that all has to balance out with keeping cash flows in a proper ratio to run events.

Keep in mind with tough economy and other factors involved in many cases we are talking about breaking even.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

JRA

Just my .02 but I try to treat everyone exactly the same by following the rules. I think it's only fair to do my best to treat everyone equally, even if they don't particularly like the equal treatment. A good example is crash and mechanical credits. At every event there is someone looking for a credit who doesn't qualify. I usually feel bad when I can't give them one, but if I make an exception for one person, then how is that fair to everyone else who has ever asked. The truly fair way is to follow the policy, and that way you don't give the perception that some are treated one way, and others another way.

In the example above I certainly understand why twinn-burner would like a membership refund, but there have been other people over the years who for various reasons would have liked a membership refund too. How is it fair to them to offer to one and not to all. I mean why not just do away with a policy altogether if it isn't going to be enforced consistently.

These things are written down in the manual for a reason. I'm not saying that special exceptions couldn't be made occasionally for the right reasons, but in the normal circumstance the policies should be followed, otherwise members start to feel like some get special treatment. It seems to me like twin-burner could easily ride with us at another event, either at CMP or elsewhere.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
thouchin;289792 wrote: Otto Man: The arguement that $25 is not enough to worry about can be used for either side. Why is NESBA willing to piss off a potential customer for a measly $25? It is just as easy to say "hey we canceled on you, possibly ruined your weekend, so we will make it up to you by refunding the membership... I hope you decide to come back and try again with us."

Both Ruhe52 and Otto Man's opinion will not bring people to NESBA it will only push them to other clubs. There has been some bad publicity for NESBA this year due to the cancelations. I think they should be going the extra mile to try to negate some of that.

T.J.
Bob had already beat me to the punch, but it's following policy. Once you start making exceptions for one person, everyone is going to want it. So what's the point of the policy in the first place?

It's literally impossible to please everyone. I have seen people try to get refunds from the directors because it sprinkled for two sessions out of the day, claiming it should have been a "rain day". Seriously? So of course they got very upset with the directors. Did they ever ride with NESBA again? I have no idea. All I know is that they were being seriously ridiculous. Should NESBA refund the cost of the track day, just for good PR? Just like the cancellation of CMP, it was yet another matter that was out of their control.

twinn-burner

I have done about 3 of the cmp hosted events. I have not been on the track in about 2yrs.

$150 each day.

I am not mad I read the rule book and now I understand.