Constructive criticism from NOLA this weekend.

D

dragginass

Slow Steve;257956 wrote: Buy the video you posted, be glad you're not in B.
LMAO ok friend. So should I take the line of the instructor through the dirt? Should I slow my laptimes down 15 seconds so I don't pass the next fastest person in "I"? Opinions are one thing, but you're being foolish.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Am I? Did you watch the video you posted? You riding around in the middle of the track. You would be a danger to the A group. Just because you think you are going faster then everyone doesn't make you ready for A. You are not, sorry. You ride in the center of the track like you're on the street. You're not finishing corners, you're 5-7 feet off the apex. Even my wife could see it & she doesn't ride. She couldn't believe you were complaining. You have no argument for being in A group.

Dave561

Control Rider
Well, these types of threads never seem to go well but based on the one vid, and no I didn't have time to.watch both, I would suggest using more of the track. I've not been to the course, so laybe your lines are ok, bit it seems you missed quite a few apexes in the one vid. A lot of the vid seems to be shot from the middle half of the course. Worry about hqving fun and not the sticker on the bike.

D

dragginass

Slow Steve;257963 wrote: Am I? Did you watch the video you posted? You riding around in the middle of the track. You would be a danger to the A group. Just because you think you are going faster then everyone doesn't make you ready for A. You are not, sorry. You ride in the center of the track like you're on the street. You're not finishing corners, you're 5-7 feet off the apex. Even my wife could see it & she doesn't ride. She couldn't believe you were complaining. You have no argument for being in A group.
Did you even watch with your eyes open or past the warm up lap?

I would be a danger? Really? Please explain, I can't WAIT to hear this. I've ridden trackdays and raced on and off for years. You can say what you wish about me, but dangerous isn't one of them. I'm predictable and safe on the track. My lines may not be your lines, nor will they go through the dirt.....but that doesn't make them dangerous.

D

dragginass

Dave561;257964 wrote: Well, these types of threads never seem to go well but based on the one vid, and no I didn't have time to.watch both, I would suggest using more of the track. I've not been to the course, so laybe your lines are ok, bit it seems you missed quite a few apexes in the one vid. A lot of the vid seems to be shot from the middle half of the course. Worry about hqving fun and not the sticker on the bike.
Of course they don't go well, because some people post with their ego's instead of their brains. Racing is humbling, even at the club level, for most of us.

I don't care what sticker is on the bike, if I was getting passed in the "I" group or if I felt like I didn't have perspective then I wouldn't be posting what I'm posting. I'm not fast, nor have I ever claimed to be. However I do know very well what my laptimes are compared to other trackdays riders, and racers who have been at NOLA. Other than a few internet cowboys and some rules within NESBA, nobody would say I belong in the "I" group at a trackday. Trackdays are practice, and not racing. I'm very clear on the distinction but I speak from the experience of having seen both. Most people here clearly don't.

I also don't agree with the concrete rules of staying in one group permanently, that NESBA uses. Going to a new track, riding a new bike, or coming back from a crash are all examples, to me, of when someone may want to temporarily bump DOWN a class, myself included. To not allow that is a mistake. Again, my opinion. YMMV.

D

dragginass

To be clear I don't think I should be in group "X" because my laptime is "Y". Some people are out of control at a given pace and setting groups by times doesn't work. This I agree. However when lap after lap of smooth riding yields closing speeds on other riders that is annoying, I'm going to begin to form an opinion of where I am, and where I think I should be. If it makes yall feel better I can just wait to ride with NESBA again until I get white plates, since I started racing again. Then I can go be "dangerous" in the "A" group at NESBA events, and not break any rules or hurt the keyboard cowboy feelings.

D

dragginass

Lonewrench;257970 wrote: What were your five fastest lap times from this weekend?
All of my fastest times on the R1 were in the 1:55-56 range. Those aren't one off "flyer" laps either, I'm sure I did 20+ laps at that pace. Fastest time on SV is 1:58. Not "racer fast", but plenty fast enough to not be in the "I" group.

For perspective a 1:52 at that track will put you in an AMA race.

D

dragginass

vinny337;257972 wrote: Huh?? I thought this thread was dead...:popcorn:
The original issue which thread was about was dead long ago. I posted again today stating that registration etc was great this weekend, and that the weekend was much better staffed. My only "gripe" is about NESBA's groupings, and thats an opinion which I understand not everyone will agree with. I also stand by my statements.;)

Dave561

Control Rider
dragginass;257967 wrote: Of course they don't go well, because some people post with their ego's instead of their brains. Racing is humbling, even at the club level, for most of us.

I don't care what sticker is on the bike, if I was getting passed in the "I" group or if I felt like I didn't have perspective then I wouldn't be posting what I'm posting. I'm not fast, nor have I ever claimed to be. However I do know very well what my laptimes are compared to other trackdays riders, and racers who have been at NOLA. Other than a few internet cowboys and some rules within NESBA, nobody would say I belong in the "I" group at a trackday. Trackdays are practice, and not racing. I'm very clear on the distinction but I speak from the experience of having seen both. Most people here clearly don't.

I also don't agree with the concrete rules of staying in one group permanently, that NESBA uses. Going to a new track, riding a new bike, or coming back from a crash are all examples, to me, of when someone may want to temporarily bump DOWN a class, myself included. To not allow that is a mistake. Again, my opinion. YMMV.
Good luck in your endeavors. I have nothing more to say to you.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
dragginass;257974 wrote: The original issue which thread was about was dead long ago. I posted again today stating that registration etc was great this weekend, and that the weekend was much better staffed. My only "gripe" is about NESBA's groupings, and thats an opinion which I understand not everyone will agree with. I also stand by my statements.;)
Cool...:cool:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Do you also own a Kawasaki and call yourself Zen on the ZX-10 board?

If you were determined to be qualified to moved up to A group..then you'd have made A group..but you didn't..so you're missing something. Did you ask to work with JRA or another CR..Nope..so whose fault is it?

Remember, when you blame others for when a plan doesn't go through..there's one finger pointing at them...and three pointing back at you.

And yes, there is such a thing as too much lean angle. That's YCRS day #1.

Put your Big Girl panties on..come to Barber in a couple of weeks.

D-Zum

dragginass;257973 wrote: All of my fastest times on the R1 were in the 1:55-56 range. Those aren't one off "flyer" laps either, I'm sure I did 20+ laps at that pace. Fastest time on SV is 1:58. Not "racer fast", but plenty fast enough to not be in the "I" group.

For perspective a 1:52 at that track will put you in an AMA race.
What AMA race are you referring to? The American Marijuana smokers Association race?

The R1 would put you in Superbike..and you're not even close.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=49963

D

dragginass

D-Zum;257984 wrote: What AMA race are you referring to? The American Marijuana smokers Association race?

The R1 would put you in Superbike..and you're not even close.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=49963
No genius, I'm referring to laptimes in General. My lowly R1 isn't a built superbike. My stock SV doesn't have an AMA class but I managed to do a 1:58 with it. AMA supersport grid cutoff was a 1:54. Use your brain when making an argument.

http://live.amaproracing.com/xml/rr/events/R1260/SSF1GRID.PDF

EDIT: looks like a 1:55 was good enough to get on the grid.

D

dragginass

D-Zum;257983 wrote:
And yes, there is such a thing as too much lean angle. That's YCRS day #1.
Nope. There is only too much lean angle for a given speed, which would happen if you weren't hanging off the bike. There is no such thing as "too much lean angle" as a generalized rule. If you would like to debate riding philosophy then go ahead, but its a moot point anyway. The reason people drag their fairings at the track (NOLA) is the raised curbing, not because they have "too much lean angle".

D-Zum

D-Zum

I know..It's just entertainment for me during the commercials on Sunday Night Football.

My apologies to all for doing a little research and introducing some factual qualifying grid times into this.

Steve..you're just going to have to wear your panties all through the winter since you're not coming to Barber. :D

D

dragginass

D-Zum;257988 wrote: You're still not even close...apparently to the A group or the AMA grid.

You needed a 1:51 to make grid in Daytona Sportbike.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=49946

And in Super Sport and XR1200 there's apparently no cutoff.

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=49945

So by that logic..we could ALL claim we were close to the grid.

Like I said..come to Barber..at least then we cannot call you a One Track Wonder.
Are you really that dense? When I mentioned AMA lap times I did so for the purpose of perspective, not to incenuate in any way that I am an AMA level rider. I'm a novice club racer and I make no claims otherwise. But to use your example , yes I am 7 seconds away from making the AMA Daytona sport bike grid with a stock sv650. I think I have a new goal for 2013.