Crash update

virso

Kim,

Great to hear you're O.K. !!!! You "was" flying out there....!!!

I had just come off the track when I heard about the incident.

Great riding with you in B group !!!

We'll get to do it all over again very soon....(without the dismount though.. :-9 )

adamsys

kimmiegrews;91174 wrote:
I have now been initiated into the world of 600s... and not that i can remember the event, but I'm glad I've now experienced one of the 'worst case scenarios' with consequences that resulted in very marginal costs :D
Glad to hear you are okay. I came off the bike this year, too. Here's an unintended consequence I didn't expect: When I'm watching the Pro's and they have an accident, I empathize way more than I used to. Its almost like I'm tumbling with them!

BigBird

glad to hear that ur ok!

i too went from a 250R last year to a 600 with some unintentional body sliding multiple times this year....so your not alone. I thought that I saw you a r6 on Sunday, well you have all winter to get the bike fixed and once again, glad you are ok!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Hey Kim,

Really glad to hear that you're OK......love your brain scan comment:)

Little more seat time on the 600 and you'll never miss the 250.

Take care,

kawatippi

Kimmie,
Glad you are okay. I had no idea you went down until I saw this thread. You were riding well out there.
I was either in front or behind you a couple times at pit out and I was admiring your "technique" of getting on your bike...feisty is a pretty good description of you. :)

Mike Moore

kimmiegrews;91174 wrote: Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Diagnosis is great-seemed to have got my brain a bit mushed around, but no breaks, no tears, and scans came back all well and clear---so i'll be as stupid as I ever was before :p

The best news is the bike handled herself great and only needs a minor replacement part--and other than her left side now matching the right, she's in perfect working condition!!!

A big thank you to all of you! NESBA rocks once again, and I do apologize for ending that last session in such a dramatic way:eek:... sorry to those of you that had your session cut short!

I have now been initiated into the world of 600s... and not that i can remember the event, but I'm glad I've now experienced one of the 'worst case scenarios' with consequences that resulted in very marginal costs :D
DAMN, Kimmie did Buck come down for Monday?:D Glad to hear all is well. Just shout if you need any help.

littlelady

mamoore996;91286 wrote: DAMN, Kimmie did Buck come down for Monday?
Lol!! No, no Buck this time, this was all me:doh:

kawatippi;91282 wrote: Kimmie,
I was either in front or behind you a couple times at pit out and I was admiring your "technique" of getting on your bike...feisty is a pretty good description of you. :)
um... yes, I'm rather vertically challenged and there are some alterior methods which seem to be a safer option for me to shift when at a standstill:p

HECK3086;91009 wrote:
That's good to hear. One of my buddys caught some video of her laying face down on the rumble strip coming out of T5.
POST IT up!!:D

CptCurt

Holy cow girl! You scared the crap out of me. I went by just as you stopped rolling and remained motionless. My arm went up just as the red flag appeared and I think we all ran the fastest one hand, one foot, half lap ever. I couldn't get that "rag doll" roll out of my head the whole way home. I was super relieved last night to read that you are going to be OK! Thanks for posting this update Doyer.

meowculpa

I hope you are doing well..
although there were no tears / breaks/ bleed etc, the brain does not take tindly to being subjected to concussions.:rtfm:. remind me to talk to you about the effect of recurrent concussions sometime.. that would certainly give you "the" headache.. :D

changin topic, does this mean the trip to barber stands sacrificed?
i hope not.. lol . good luck mending yourself and the bike..:)

cheers

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Glad you're ok, Kimmie! What are you trying to do give all of us a heart attack!! Now remember... treat her with respect or she'll bite!! :D