D-Zum's crash at RA

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Some of you may already know the details but for those of you who have only heard about the crash I wanted to post up some information. First of all, Darrin is ok. Miraculously he came out of the crash with only a few bad scratches and bruises. He did take a pretty good knock to the head so to be safe the emergency techs wanted to have a CT scan done to check for a concussion. Luckily the results were negative. His gear did it's job and protected him very well. Also, more than one of the techs said that Darrin being built the way he is probably helped protect him from any serious back or spinal injuries.

Bo, Darrin and I wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who pitched in and loaded our gear for us while we were at the hospital. We don't know everyone who helped out so forgive me for not including specific people but definitely wanted to thank Tom and Melissa for jumping in and taking lead on this. This was a major help and made the trip home last night that much easier. You guys are awesome!

matt2212

There where lots of prayers said in the paddock, they must have worked that is a SCARY place to crash

Thank god you are ok, Heal up quick Darrin

gursesl

Thanks for the update and glad to see all is well with Darrin. The crash site surely looked awful!

Peanut

Control Rider
Not a good place to crash. A testment to your equipment and the great shape you're in. It was great to see you back at the track, hope the ride wasn't to bad for ya...

Heal up Darrin.

davekrier

so glad to hear he's okay - I was right there when he went off the track - I still don't know what caused the crash? watching him and the bike bounce against that wall was no good! Awesome he's okay!!!

michicago

I logged in just now to make a thread related to this. First and foremost, I'm glad to hear Darrin is doing what can only be described as REMARKABLY well considering the site of the crash. While it was a difficult scene to ride by, the actions of the 4 riders in front of me carried on the selflessness we all witnessed Saturday evening.

There was a waving yellow flag at the station just before you start the descent toward 10a but no red flag yet. About 1/4 second passing the yellow flag you could see Darrin off the left side of the track, where each of the 4 riders in front of me immediately put arms/legs out to signal a pit-in. Maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" times to get the full effect, but the immediate concern for one of ours in need of medical help was something I felt worth sharing.

Thank you for posting the update, I know there were a lot of people curious how Darrin was doing.

Psychoholic

I just saw the video that was posted - I am doubly glad that he's not worse than he was, that could have been catastrophic!

borislav

Control Rider
I just wanted to say thanks to dear God that Darrin was not injured bad and also want to say BIG THANKS to all that helped load our gear and bikes while we were in hospital. Like AJ said this awesome example of quality of Nesba people made our long trip home much easyer!
Thank you all and we will see you soon!:adore:

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
BIG thanks to Tom McQuigg and his elves for loading all our things....MANY THANKS!

BIG thanks to Borislav and AJ for all they did last night..all the driving..unloading, arranging, etc.

Just cannot thank these folks enough.

Everyone else I want to thank for their phone calls, emails, text messages, and PM's. Your concern is genuinely overwhelming. This is why NESBA's not just a track day organization, it's a family in every sense of the word. Yesterday after we got back from the hospital, I just wanted to make a quiet exit and be done....I never expected the overwhelming outpouring of concern from you all. I am humbled and I thank you all.

Basically this was an experiment that was on a collision course with a brain fart. I've been working most of the weekend on carrying more speed through the kink..but this time I went too far...and when I realized I went too far..I started looking at the wall...and would not stop looking at that damned wall apparently..I target fixated, and it ALL went bad from there.

My right shoulder and arm seem to have taken the brunt of the damage. Nothing's broken, but I'm bruised and battered. My whole right bicep is blue/purple, the should is sore/bruised a bit, and I have a nice big road rash on the back of my right shoulder. Neck's a little sore..and I think I've come down with a little bit of a cold. Tylenol seems to be taking care of the bulk of any discomfort.

Bike seems to be much worse off than I am..and I guess I can live with that.

Again..thank you.