D-Zum's crash at RA

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
I'm glad to see you're doing well all considered. After you heal up a bit I can come by and help you turn wrenches to get the bike put back together, if you like.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Heal up my man!! Want to see you back out there, we're going to back to RA together...

JRA

Darrin gave us a scare for a few minutes but word came quickly that he was up and talking to medical. Darren as I said yesterday I'm thankful you weren't seriously hurt.

Glad to see you're ok Darren. Come back soon. There aren't many people I know that will admit to watching another man beat his meat in public. You are one of the best. For the rest of you pervs, get your minds out of the gutter. We were discussing Cory Two Butts and his cleaver action at dinner on Saturday night. :D

Irish01

Heard about this from Matt as I drove home last night and my heart sank, just glad your ok brotha!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
michicago;280252 wrote: I logged in just now to make a thread related to this. First and foremost, I'm glad to hear Darrin is doing what can only be described as REMARKABLY well considering the site of the crash. While it was a difficult scene to ride by, the actions of the 4 riders in front of me carried on the selflessness we all witnessed Saturday evening.

There was a waving yellow flag at the station just before you start the descent toward 10a but no red flag yet. About 1/4 second passing the yellow flag you could see Darrin off the left side of the track, where each of the 4 riders in front of me immediately put arms/legs out to signal a pit-in. Maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" times to get the full effect, but the immediate concern for one of ours in need of medical help was something I felt worth sharing.

Thank you for posting the update, I know there were a lot of people curious how Darrin was doing.
Bo and I were standing at the observation area for 10a/b when it happened. We couldn't see the crash but noticed how quickly people reacted and got their hands up and got off the track even before the red flag was thrown. Everyone knew it was bad and that they needed to get off the track as quickly as possible so the ambulance could get out there. I was very impressed by this.

eiiipo

I know what you mean I was one of thoses 4...I was passing on the outside at the kink when I saw the bike up in the air. My first thought was jesus please do not come back on the track cause I did not have any where to go to dogde him. Second was leg out and get in the pits...no red flag was needed. Glad he is ok .. I was looking at the wreck frame by frame on my gopro and his head was up against the wall and his body just rolling...get well and get back out there soon

meanstrk

Control Rider
I think I was one of those in front of Dan and threw my hand up as soon as I saw it. You KNEW there was going to be a red flag and there was damn sure no sense prolonging anything. I am so very happy to hear that you are doing well.

shad0ws

Wows thats a rough spot to go down. Glad to hear he is doing good.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2