Damn I'm old!!!!!!!!!

borislav

Control Rider
"and be lucky enough for people with bad judgement to make me a control rider"
Lol Bill I hear you. Every time when this comes up in my conversation with Sanders and Kubricky I tell them they had to smoke some seriously good stuff that day when they gave me orange shirt!:D

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
What were stagecoaches like?:rofl:

I'm not sure how I read that wrong as you quoted stagecoaches and included a emoji laughing. I thought you were being funny, so I replied in the same spirit. I was 35 when I started, but had been on a street bike since I was 16. Instead of getting me a car, my parents spent $1000 and bought me a Honda Hawk 400. When I finally made it to the track, it was a seamless transition and I was immediately hooked. I wish I started earlier, but it is what it is. 15 years later, I still have that giddy feeling driving to the track just like I did back in 2004. That's what keeps me coming back year after year.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I'm not sure how I read that wrong as you quoted stagecoaches and included a emoji laughing. I thought you were being funny, so I replied in the same spirit. I was 35 when I started, but had been on a street bike since I was 16. Instead of getting me a car, my parents spent $1000 and bought me a Honda Hawk 400. When I finally made it to the track, it was a seamless transition and I was immediately hooked. I wish I started earlier, but it is what it is. 15 years later, I still have that giddy feeling driving to the track just like I did back in 2004. That's what keeps me coming back year after year.
I meant I thought you read the first question wrong. When I asked how old you were when you first started track riding. I figured you thought both questions were jokes.
It’s all good. :like:

bmart

Control Rider
Avoiding dinosaurs was no easy task.

1OTHjDlfVcq3R9HXL26wh1kQ7T4yPP7T11KXytrfWnFGaAkQ1kijgKMIIUQj96MxYyU=h900

And they are fiercely competitive!

maxresdefault.jpg

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I was 42 years old before I ever rode a bike motorcycle, I've always wanted to, between deployments, special duty assignments and life it wasn't feasible. After I retired from the Navy in 2005 I purchased my first bike (CBR 600), I didn't know how to ride so I had them delivery it. I rode the street and the back rodes at Bear Mountain NY for 3 years...I tried the track and never look back. Just for the record I'll be 55 in May. :cool:

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Wow! I thought just about everyone at the track had been riding their whole lives and started track riding in their 20’s.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
There's one major flaw with that Mike. Most of us in our 20's don't have any money! It is absolutely amazing what we will do when we first start out. I remember my first day vividly. I only did one day because I didn't have the ability to sleep overnight at the track. I did have an open trailer, a chair, gas can and my riding gear, but that's all. I couldn't imagine dealing with that now, but it took me a long time and a lot of money to get to where I am today.

bmart

Control Rider
I rode to my first track day in my gear with a backpack on my back. I prepped the bike at the track and then reversed it all once the day was done. That was 1998 and I had already been riding on the street for 11 years by then. Last year saw me complete my 258th track day and I'm hoping for 30 more this season! There are a lot of young kids at some of the events...and some very old kids too!

tdelegram

Control Rider
All the time in the world when I was young and little funds to support the addiction, now I can afford it and it’s much harder finding the time.

I started track days in 98 in my late 20’s and my bikes were stolen and went to cars. Took up track bikes again in 2012 at 41. There is a good smattering of dirt bikes prior to getting back on the track.

Like Jim, first track day was a single day with a canopy, a chair, and a cooler. I slept in the bed if my Titan with the canopy above me in a thunderstorm. Today I just ordered my second toyhauler and am contemplating my next track only bike to park next to my other 2 track only bikes.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
All the time in the world when I was young and little funds to support the addiction, now I can afford it and it’s much harder finding the time.

This! I switched jobs in the middle of last year (which tanked my season) and am now making significantly more than I had been, but my vacation time took a hit. :(

I'm still not quite 30 (will be this year) so I hope to make it at least as long as Bill has. I'm hoping by then I'll have accumulated some pace :rofl:.