Did i see a NESBA A sticker?

rk97

maybe you could outline the case in an hour, but I doubt a government agency could. tax dollars at work! ha.

i guess we'll both see what happens.

but yes, IF anything comes of it, he'll settle. 97% of cases do. That doesn't mean he couldn't have won, so in that regard, we'll never know who is correct.

bodell

rk97;165901 wrote:
but yes, IF anything comes of it, he'll settle. 97% of cases do. That doesn't mean he couldn't have won, so in that regard, we'll never know who is correct.
You never know. He seems like the kind of guy who might go for it. A real risk taker. ;)

BigBird

bodell;165898 wrote: Nailing this guy will send a message to all the viewers of this board,
not for nothing, if he gets arrested, it doesn't send a message to me...am i missing something :notsure:

Zippy

One thing I know about the law, and that is, unless this exact type of case is your personal law specialty, no amount of conjecture by laypeople will provide an accurate estimate of the chances of conviction or acquittal. Even among highly qualified attorneys there can be many different ways to handle a case.

Even if they saw you in person, and caught you red-handed, there can still be mitigating circumstances that make a conviction impossible. The law gets very specific, and common sense is not what the law is about. It is about very specific elements that all have to proven, quirky rules that have to be satisfied.

The law is not directly about truth, morals, or common sense. It is about meeting specific criteria, legal precedent, regional interpretations by judges, and other less obvious things. Nothing is a sure bet in a courtroom.

I'm not an attorney, but I did do research at a high-end law firm for a couple of years. My father is an attorney for what its worth. And I have plenty of my own stories relating to motorcycles and speed and the law.

Mikey75702

I among others don't wish any bad on the man, but he is a moron. There have been more then enough cases of people getting convicted of this crap because of a video they posted on YouTube. And iirc not all that long ago, there was a police officer that died on the dragon on his sportbike, on his way to work in a neighboring county, and before they found out he was a cop, they had already released a statement to the news about how he died in an irresponsible accident while driving erratically on us 129..... I do believe they had to issue a correction when they found out the driver of the cage was at fault, and they were slandering a fellow officer. Seems the blount county sheriffs have an agenda... hopefully this video doesn't fit into it. And hopefully jared wisens up a bit, quick.

D.Brown

IT has been years since I tested the limits at the Gap. The speed limit was 55mph and most riders cant even exceed that. Crossing the double yellow line is the only thing he did wrong, but if he can afford the mods on his bike, he can afford more trackdays and a attorney:argh:.

Mikey75702

Doolicous;165911 wrote: IT has been years since I tested the limits at the Gap. The speed limit was 55mph and most riders cant even exceed that. Crossing the double yellow line is the only thing he did wrong, but if he can afford the mods on his bike, he can afford more trackdays and a attorney:argh:.
He is a wera expert. Don't think the affording trackdays is a problem. It seems he has the menality of needing to "WIN" at the gap.

bodell

BigBird;165906 wrote: not for nothing, if he gets arrested, it doesn't send a message to me...am i missing something :notsure:
We are debating if he, or anybody, can get away with this. The message would be YES or NO.

You could go find out if you felt strongly enough about it. Its not like they are hiding anything.
BigRedButton(3).jpg

http://www.bcso.com/divisions/contact.aspx

tittys04

river rat;165897 wrote: Actually, it would still be an 80 mph hit as long as the bikes weighed the same. Mythbusters ftw. ;)
That's not true.

If the bikes weighed the same and their velocities were equal, their momentum would be equal, and in an "ideal" collision, both bikes would stop dead in their tracks. For example, 400lb bikes travelling at 80mph, their individual moment equals 32,000 lb*m/sec (not a normal unit for momentum, but you get the idea). However, when you take into account the vector of each bike, if colliding perfectly at 180degrees, 32,000-32,000=0, which means dead stop.

Now look at car vs. bike. 400lb bike at 80mph vs a 6000lb car at 35mph. 32,000-210,000= -178,000 in the car's favor. Notice that at less than half of the velocity of the bike, the car still has almost a 6x advantage in a head-on collision.

However, the scenario you are talking about is referring to mph, rather than momentum. In this case, it's not about vectors and such, but more about referrence points. If you are travelling down the free way in a car at 65mph (car A), and someone in the same model car rear ends you at 70mph (car B), the collision would be the same as if you were parked and someone rear ended you at 5mph. With car A as the reference point, car B is travelling 5mph faster than A. With B as the reference point, A is travelling 5mph slower than B. If you pick a road sign as a reference point, A (at 65mph) - B (at 70mph) = -5mph in B's favor.

Same thing goes with head on collisions, but you add a negative sign. Bike A (at 80mph) - (-) bike B (at 80mph) = 160mph. (2 negative signs yields a postitive)

bodell

tittys04;165920 wrote: That's not true.

If the bikes weighed the same and their velocities were equal, their momentum would be equal, and in an "ideal" collision, both bikes would stop dead in their tracks. For example, 400lb bikes travelling at 80mph, their individual moment equals 32,000 lb*m/sec (not a normal unit for momentum, but you get the idea). However, when you take into account the vector of each bike, if colliding perfectly at 180degrees, 32,000-32,000=0, which means dead stop.

Now look at car vs. bike. 400lb bike at 80mph vs a 6000lb car at 35mph. 32,000-210,000= -178,000 in the car's favor. Notice that at less than half of the velocity of the bike, the car still has almost a 6x advantage in a head-on collision.

However, the scenario you are talking about is referring to mph, rather than momentum. In this case, it's not about vectors and such, but more about referrence points. If you are travelling down the free way in a car at 65mph (car A), and someone in the same model car rear ends you at 70mph (car B), the collision would be the same as if you were parked and someone rear ended you at 5mph. With car A as the reference point, car B is travelling 5mph faster than A. With B as the reference point, A is travelling 5mph slower than B. If you pick a road sign as a reference point, A (at 65mph) - B (at 70mph) = -5mph in B's favor.

Same thing goes with head on collisions, but you add a negative sign. Bike A (at 80mph) - (-) bike B (at 80mph) = 160mph. (2 negative signs yields a postitive)
Legally there was no collision. This is obviously another attempt by us129photos.com to frame Jared Bonds. They already drugged him and made a video with his stuff. Now math?

tittys04

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm wrong. If you were to hit a wall at 80mph, the wall would exert just enough force to stop whatever vehicle I'm operating. Same goes with 2 moving vehicles of the same mass. They each exert just enough force onto the other to stop the oncoming vehicle. This one always jacks with my brain.

However, the stuff I said about momentum is true.

Sorry for the brainfart, continue flogging Jared ;)

tittys04

bodell;165922 wrote: Legally there was no collision. This is obviously another attempt by us129photos.com to frame Jared Bonds. They already drugged him and made a video with his stuff. Now math?
Well, you see... 2 pills of Rohypnol after 4 jack and cokes...

Who am I kidding, I got nothing for that one.

bodell

tittys04;165924 wrote: Well, you see... 2 pills of Rohypnol after 4 jack and cokes...

Who am I kidding, I got nothing for that one.

How about these...

Your honor,
I would like the record to show that my client has suffered his entire life with low blood sugar...
passed.out.jpg

OR

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my client was often subject to the pressures of his piers. Called out, he fell victom to circumstance, and found himself doing something that he knew was wrong.
double_dog_dare_xmas_story.gif

Should we post a poll for the better defense?

D.Brown

bodell;165927 said:
How about these...

Your honor,
I would like the record to show that my client has suffered his entire life with low blood sugar...
passed.out.jpg

OR
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my client was often subject to the pressures of his piers. Called out, he fell victom to circumstance, and found himself doing something that he knew was wrong.
double_dog_dare_xmas_story.gif

Should we post a poll for the better defense?[/QUO

river rat

tittys04;165920 wrote: That's not true.

I dunno man. You're going to have to take all your fancy math up with Jamie and Adam! lol

noobinacan

river rat;165897 wrote: Actually, it would still be an 80 mph hit as long as the bikes weighed the same. Mythbusters ftw. ;)
to be precise
they'd both approach each other at 160mph
and the collision will be nastier than a bike doing 80mph and hitting a stationary object.
cause now both the objects need to loose their energy.

and I just read what Tittys04 just wrote...ha. physics baby :p