Did you achieve your 2015 goals?

mpusch

Micah
Hopefully I'm not cramping Pseudolus' style by creating this thread, but I'm curious what goals people accomplished this year. I realize that there's still an event at Barber (I wish I could...), but at this point many of us are taking inventory of our year.

Here's the original thread from the beginning of the year:

http://forum.n2td.org/index.php?threads/your-track-goals-for-2015.35358/

My goals:

• Get my foot positioning down Foot positioning definitely improved! Much more comfortable on the bike in transitions and corner entry.
  • Increase understanding and start logbook of basic setup (pressures and suspension) Didn't start a logbook, worked on understanding pressures and had suspension fully serviced for the first time.
  • Consistent braking Improved at braking more efficiently, need to use markers more consistently.
  • Purposeful corner exit Still a pansy!
  • Sub 1:20s on Lightning, into the 1:10s on Beaverun (North) Lightning got rained out. Had a mechanical at the only Pitt - North track weekend. Had tons of fun on T-Bolt and Pitt full though!

Bit of a bumpy start to the year for me having mechanical issues on a couple different weekends. The second half went to perfection though. Big shoutout to N2 for doing their absolute best to get the bike sorted and me back out there and the credits for when they couldn't.

As usual, thanks to all the CRs who are more than happy to help! Makes all the difference out there.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mine from that thread was to improve corner entry speed and stop overbraking for turns.

I think I made some improvement, but will continue with it next year. Additionally, I want to work on getting on the gas sooner and quicker to WOT when exiting turns.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
My goal is to just make it to Barber this year. But lots of goals for 2016.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Goal: Not to have Emerson beat me like a rented mule.
Result: miserable failure.

But seriously, I just wanted a safe, fun year. Still have a ton to work on. Got some great feedback from my fellow CR's and A groupers which was an emense help.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Come back from crash in 2013, and turn a lap. Check

Don't slow down the I group. Not a complete check, I should have started back in B/N, but I am getting there.

Don't crash. No check, low sided at njmp Monday, all good minimal damage to bike, none to me.

Get to Barber. Still waiting to see who's going with me but am registered.

Become independently wealthy and retire. Fail

My goal was to actually start doing track days. After a 14 year hiatus from riding motorcycles and having nothing but desire, it was a tall order. Had to acquire a bike and the required gear which you all know is no small task..but with patience and persistence and input from people in this organization it all came to fruition. I had honestly thought that my son and i wouldn't see any track time till next year and although my first track day was abbreviated due to mechanical issue overall i am extremely happy to be back in the saddle as they say and look forward to as many track days as possible next year.

CBRtist

YES
• Become more relaxed on/at track after 2 crashes and multiple crises
• Become more relaxed with new bike
• Explore at least one new track
• Work on friendships and make some new ones

NO
• Get over fear of throttle

And when I thought I was finally getting somewhere, had to wrap it up for the year. Let's see what 2016 brings :rolleyes:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
As a club racer, no, it really wasn't that successful for me. 2015 was my 3rd year racing, and the first year I never got on the podium. I did get a couple of top 5's, but they don't give out plaques for 4th and 5th...

On the other hand, I set 2 personal bests (Summit/VIR)....and never crashed at all this year. This year is the first year since I've been track riding I haven't crashed. It was also my first time ever attending a riding/racing school (YCRS). I don't believe it's a coincidence in the least...going faster and not crashing in the process. In fact I felt more calm and relaxed turning 18's at Summit than when I was turning 24s/25s in Intermediate group.

I also got the opportunity to work with a lot of riders this year, and it was extremely rewarding working with the folks I did. It's really cool to see people make night and day improvements on their riding in just 7 or 8 sessions, and working with some people over the course of the riding season and watching them progress from a very green novice rider to a rock solid Intermediate/Advanced rider. So overall, I'd have to say 2015 was a very big success for me.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Big John, it was great eating at Golden Corral with you, I can't wait until next year. haha

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
* Ride 14 sessions a day
*improve body position
* Finish the season without any wrecks
* Improve entry speeds

** I started out doing 14 sessions a day, the one weekend at NC with 104 degree heat almost killed me. But in the later part of the season I was only doing 11 or so sessions a day
** Improve body position, not sure I accomplished this, at least it didn't get any worse.
**YES I finished the season without hitting the ground!!!
**BIG YES I was very happy that I was able to improve my entry speeds, just a little bummed the season is over because I know I can go faster!

crash675

Got down to 1:39.4 at vir north...was not looking at lap times. Just having fun.

1:05 at Pitt...was chasing but having fun too.
Might pick up white plates for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raylee

See God before entering turn 1.
Take it to the lock at every corner exit.
At least do 3 different "away" track days.
Place top 10 in a CCS race by my second race and top 5 by the last NJ round.
Watching out for and showing up the old guys who think they're gonna get away with bullying me around the track all season long.:D

And most of all to have fun, be safe, and do the best I can possibly do while laying down blazing hot laps. See you guys on Star Wars day.

Almost all of my goals. I did 2 "away tracks", but everything else was a win. After doing Summit Main I came back to NJMP and didn't hit the brakes till the 3 marker! :eek: I dunno if I saw god there, but it was definitely an ass clinching then "oh, that wasn't so bad" moment.

Got a few podiums and even clicked a 1:29 on paper *cough* Les *cough* around NJMP T-bolt. I definitely had fun, was safe, and did the best I could possibly do and layed down some blazing hot laps. CAN'T WAIT FOR 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm shooting for at least a couple over all championships, 1:27s At T-bolt, 1:17s at Summit.

LesPow

Control Rider
Keep talking, what sweet Nanny goat, will run his belly, cough, Ray Lee, cough.....I can wait for next season, been there done some of that haha...
Happy to see you progress and never doubted you. My voodoo is nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk