Earplugs

dlockhart5x

Pavrock;52596 wrote: Also, if you pull your ear up and back (using your right hand for your left ear, and vice versa) you can open your canal up more allowing the plug to slip right in and then expand..
:agree:

This is the part many people get wrong with the foam plugs. I did not learn it until a safety consultant visited my shop. When properly inserted there is not much of the plug left protruding, and things get much quieter.

Fastguy

Revvin' Evan;53308 wrote: Hmmmm. Am I the only one who doesn't wear ear plugs?:notsure:
Currently your not the only one, however I will look into this issue before Sunday. I did not think the track was that loud, until now!

Thanks for highlighting this issue fellow Nesbians!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
In addition to loud bikes, the problem is also the constant wind noise. Whether on the track or sport-touring, earplugs help also with fatigue. Not to mention protecting your hearing. Wear them! I wish I had when I was younger, all those years of motorcycling and lawn mowing without plugs...I do have some hearing loss. I'm now preventing it from getting worse!

I like the Howard Leight Laser Lite. I have small ear canals and they fit the best. I've tried many other types, including custom, nothing fits, it's frustrating, as I'd like to have options other than foam. But, the Laser Lites work well for me.

hank

IIRC a study on hearing loss mentioned that at around 50mph, the sound of air merely rushing past your helmet was sufficient to cause long-term hearing loss.

Ear plugs Yes - music NO!