Fallen friends.

Whash

Control Rider
Today is a sad day for a lot of the N2 folks. We have lost a brother to some,a great friend and well to some a big part of family. Chris Pontrelli passed away peacefully at home last night with his fiancé Liz. I am,along with many people are completely heart broken. Chris had taught me so much,and brought me through the ranks of track days. He was the nicest guy you would have ever met,done anything for anyone. He was a HUGE influence on all the antics that went on at night at our events,and let me tell you he was no different at home. I will always love you Chris,you were my brother that I never had. Never forgotten bro!!
24b7b71f79cc67ec859fd17651578814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
It's been a long time since I've seen or talked to Chris and I didn't know him well, but he was always great to talk to, a big help to anyone that needed anything and obviously a great friend to many. RIP Chris.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
So sorry to hear of Chris' passing. He was one of the guys I always looked forward to seeing at the track. So upbeat, so much fun to hang around, always smiling and helpful. He really helped me a lot at the track and I'll always remember how happy he was for me when I got my A group bump. He'll be missed. Condolences to Liz, his family, and friends. A very sad day.

Myers

Control Rider
He presented me with every bump sticker up to CR....and then stuffed me in every corner, every session the rest of the day.......to remind me he was still "tha master". Miss that goofy long necked fool for sure.

Jeremiah 29:11

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
This is truly shocking news...My prayers go out to the family, friends and anyone else that knew Chris, he was a good dude that will be missed.

LesPow

Control Rider
Sorry to hear that our friend Chris has passed away, my condolences to his immediate family.

Vitamin_J

I don't know many of you, but wanted to tell those of you who didn't know Chris about the guy that I knew - the guy I always considered a lifelong friend. I met Chris during our first season together riding for NESBA. Like many of us just starting out, we gravitated to fellow rookies sharing the same learning experiences and deep camaraderie that comes with our brothers at the track. The "Slow Poke R1" was as fiery as they came and damned you loved having him in your pit. He was as selfless as he was just as green in the early days. As the years went by and Chris become a better rider than I ever could have been, he never lost the humility he started with.

We became CR's in different orgs and he went the route of YCRS while I went CSS and we maintained very different opinions. This was however, Mr. Thunderbolt and no matter how opinionated, I never met anyone who had a bad thing to say about #994.

Chris was the first the to help, the last to leave you stranded and a guy we didn't get to spend enough time with. He is now gone and I deeply regret I won't get to see him again.

So, young gentle reader new to the track. Please, enjoy the moments you have with your brothers and sisters on the tarmac. Life is full of years that mean nothing and moments that mean everything. I have many of those moments with Chris and I wish you the same. Forever 994. We will miss you.

Whash

Control Rider
I don't know many of you, but wanted to tell those of you who didn't know Chris about the guy that I knew - the guy I always considered a lifelong friend. I met Chris during our first season together riding for NESBA. Like many of us just starting out, we gravitated to fellow rookies sharing the same learning experiences and deep camaraderie that comes with our brothers at the track. The "Slow Poke R1" was as fiery as they came and damned you loved having him in your pit. He was as selfless as he was just as green in the early days. As the years went by and Chris become a better rider than I ever could have been, he never lost the humility he started with.

We became CR's in different orgs and he went the route of YCRS while I went CSS and we maintained very different opinions. This was however, Mr. Thunderbolt and no matter how opinionated, I never met anyone who had a bad thing to say about #994.

Chris was the first the to help, the last to leave you stranded and a guy we didn't get to spend enough time with. He is now gone and I deeply regret I won't get to see him again.

So, young gentle reader new to the track. Please, enjoy the moments you have with your brothers and sisters on the tarmac. Life is full of years that mean nothing and moments that mean everything. I have many of those moments with Chris and I wish you the same. Forever 994. We will miss you.

Wow Vitamin J that was freaking awesome!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you,it means the world to A LOT of people seeing the impact Chris had on this sport we all love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motofun352

Control Rider
Chris, Cookieman and I all started at about the same time. Good times for sure. Have missed him in recent years and now this. Prayers for Chris and his family, one of the good guys, gone too soon.