FasterSafer.com, any comments?

denbsteph

Looking to see if any NESBIANS have signed up for the above mentioned web site? If so, what are your thoughts?, comments?

dbarufaldi

Me too...good stuff. Additionally, I like to support a site dedicated to our sport, as there are not too many of them.

R1Baby

Control Rider
Love this FAQ from the site, Nick and Ken crack me up;

"I only ride on 72 degree sunny days in an empty parking lot, never faster than 25mph. Do I need FasterSafer.com?"

Nick and Ken, "No, you'll be fine"

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Awesome site! Highly recommended!

I was debating signing up for it before I took the YCRS class earlier this year. After the class, I decided to sign up because I got a lot from the class and wanted more. The site is well worth it and their message is right in line with what they teach in the class. They update the content pretty regularly considering these guys have regular lives like the rest of us, and the content is well thought out and usually always has a message or something to teach. Depending on your subscription level, Nick and Ken will also answer specific questions. They have always resonded to my questions and provided great advice.

In my mind, definitely worth it!

denbsteph

I guess you could say I wasn't being totally truthful here........ I singed up last week, I did YCRS in June at NJMP, I have seen every video on there and it pretty much sums up what I was taught in June. However, I wish the video's could be more in depth, meaning get your butt off the seat. I know that because I got chastised by Ken pretty good about it and I understand that now. Is it always one cheek? Is there ever a time a cheek and a half or full ass of the seat?. Now I was riding in the slow/beginner group so I never did make it to the next level during the school to see if that is being taught.

Any thoughts?

bmrboy

GEEZ, Dennis , from all the sheet I've been reading lately ..... :eek:
You better bring your , A , game with you !!!!! :haha:
The line in the sand has been drawn ..... :D The guns are out , cocked and ready to fire :poorguy:
This should be very interesting , I think I'm going to enjoy WATCHING ,,,,, :popcorn:

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Ah! Got ya. I misunderstood the inquiry.

Sounds like you have some specific questions about the videos. I would recommend sending them to Ken and Nick through the site. They are very responsive and can provide some additional feedback based on the content.

I do agree, the content is very similar to what you get in the class, but I think that was the goal behind the site. For a small subscription fee you can join the website that promotes the same messages to riders that they give in the VERY expensive YCRS class. I think one of the main things they are trying to do is open our eyes as riders to see things differently than we were before. They are also trying to dispel myths that we learn from non-instructors that could get us hurt.

As for the body position question, I think Nick or Ken would tell you that regardless of whether you are a beginning rider or an expert racer, the use of proper body position should always be your goal. There are probably times where you are getting more or less than your full butt off the seat. I'm sure Nick and Ken would have some good input for you here. Maybe if you ask, they would do a short video on this.

denbsteph

bmrboy;254315 wrote: GEEZ, Dennis , from all the sheet I've been reading lately ..... :eek:
You better bring your , A , game with you !!!!! :haha:
The line in the sand has been drawn ..... :D The guns are out , cocked and ready to fire :poorguy:
This should be very interesting , I think I'm going to enjoy WATCHING ,,,,, :popcorn:

Nothing like a little pre game hype! I'm not that fast and Godfather knows it. I'm gonna ride my ride and come home with all my body and bike parts in one piece. might even make john and scott mad along the way LOL!

Are you ready to take home the "CBCT"?

denbsteph

adotjdot;254316 wrote: Ah! Got ya. I misunderstood the inquiry.

Sounds like you have some specific questions about the videos. I would recommend sending them to Ken and Nick through the site. They are very responsive and can provide some additional feedback based on the content.

I do agree, the content is very similar to what you get in the class, but I think that was the goal behind the site. For a small subscription fee you can join the website that promotes the same messages to riders that they give in the VERY expensive YCRS class. I think one of the main things they are trying to do is open our eyes as riders to see things differently than we were before. They are also trying to dispel myths that we learn from non-instructors that could get us hurt.

As for the body position question, I think Nick or Ken would tell you that regardless of whether you are a beginning rider or an expert racer, the use of proper body position should always be your goal. There are probably times where you are getting more or less than your full butt off the seat. I'm sure Nick and Ken would have some good input for you here. Maybe if you ask, they would do a short video on this.
Naw, I set the question up that way, you didn't miss anything. Messing with your head ;) Good suggestion, I'll do that.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
They teach the same techniques to everyone, at every class. There is no different "level" that is taught, like at that one other school. The techniques on body position apply regardless. It's one cheek off, and don't be right up against the tank. I would venture to say if it's a series of turns like the esses at NJMP, the quick transitions make it hard to get half a cheek off the seat, so you might have a little less than half off there, but the important thing is to still move your head like they taught you. I'm guessing the goal for the esses is still half a cheek. I doubt there is any circumstance where they would tell you to hang your entire butt off the seat. So, the vid on the site, as well as what they taught you in class, is how they teach body position.- one cheek off. They aren't teaching it any differently to faster groups.

I like the site because it's a good refresher for the stuff I learned at the school.

denbsteph

I e-mailed Nick and Ken last night I got the official word this morning, "Move youre chest and head down, if your entire butt comes off the seat, you start loading up the bars" I could feel myself loading the bars up at RA, so I readjusted myself accordingly. Getting my entire butt off the seat question has always been at the back of my mind. Thanks for your help!

Domenic

I love fastersafer.com. Lots of very very good info. Enjoyed the school as well. Taught me so much. Nick and Ken are funny. Enjoyed riding with Scott Russell for an entire day. Watched him first hand do some crazy stuff. Locking up the rear wheel going into turns sideway, spinning it out of turns. Made it look soooo easy, LOL Watched Joey Pascarella go a little bit crazy fast into turns :eek: Awesomeness.
A shitload of money but I want to take the school again as soon as possible. I am converted.
If you can afford the school go and do it. You wont regret it. If you can't afford it safe your money and then go.

hooligan998

I've always wondered about these same questions myself. I'm going to have to check the web site out. Maybe not a substitute for YCRS, but it'll have to do until I can afford it.

denbsteph

I had my first incident yesterday at VIR North with another Club. Went down in turn one, second lap of second session. Too much speed, not good body position, front washed out. I want to say I was pretty close to the ground already because I remember going down, looking over my left shoulder and seeing the bike cart wheeling. Well I was already in the sprawled out superman position on my stomach sliding into the mud. I did not hit my head (that was good), I felt the ground to make sure I had stopped, I jumped up and ran to the wall. ADVRacer, Godfather were right behind me, Godfather said I jumped up like a cat shot out of a cannon. I'm good no issues, not even sore. The gauntlet part of the gloves, near the velcro looked as if they were burnt ( that was odd), but did not go thru. Leathers are in great shape no issues with them. Other than that I'm good. Need to replay the event in my head and try and see what went wrong with ME :)

YCRS

denbsteph;254856 wrote: I had my first incident yesterday at VIR North with another Club. Went down in turn one, second lap of second session. Too much speed, not good body position, front washed out. I want to say I was pretty close to the ground already because I remember going down, looking over my left shoulder and seeing the bike cart wheeling. Well I was already in the sprawled out superman position on my stomach sliding into the mud. I did not hit my head (that was good), I felt the ground to make sure I had stopped, I jumped up and ran to the wall. ADVRacer, Godfather were right behind me, Godfather said I jumped up like a cat shot out of a cannon. I'm good no issues, not even sore. The gauntlet part of the gloves, near the velcro looked as if they were burnt ( that was odd), but did not go thru. Leathers are in great shape no issues with them. Other than that I'm good. Need to replay the event in my head and try and see what went wrong with ME :)
We talk about THAT exact thing at that corner on the out lap...body not off, tires are cold, not much force in the bike and it doesn't to turn very well...so instead of body, you lean more with an underloaded tire and......

Ken

YCRS

Thanks for all the people that have already signed up!

A few years ago, Nick and I got pissed off over all the riding "advice" that is out there, vs proper riding technique. We decided to start a website that continues the techniques of the school, as well as branching off on some of our own stuff, thus Fastersafer was born.

Is the site perfect? Not even close. The video quality sucks (but is getting better!) but the message with the 40+ videos and 50+ articles is loud and clear. We do our best to keep things fresh and updated and this summer has been a challenge with our crazy schedule, but we make sure something new gets added all the time. (more on the way!)

There was a mention about body position in this thread and there are no less than 3 videos we have that go over body position and body timing. (Umm, you do know there's a difference..right? ) We do our best to answer all our emails and questions as well as taking requests for specific videos that members ask for.

If you are reading this, chances are you are well invested in this sport...Ask anyone who has taken the $1100 a day YCRS class if it was worth it...Those same technique and advice are on Fastersafer for 7.99 a month, less if you sign up for 12 months. Will it make you as a good a rider as going to YCRS, sorry no. What it will do is if you have been to the school is to keep you thinking about all the things you learned while riding with us. For riders who have not been to YCRS, it will start to build them a foundation and understanding to proper riding technique.

Plus, we have a Project ZX10 section, fitness tips, new racer blog and a new rider blog....

Check it out... www.fastersafer.com

denbsteph

Ken,

I took the YCRS course and did not impliment my "Plan". My fault all day long, As I replayed the event in my head and what I did and did not do, I took advantage of cold Dunlop Q2's and they bit me. The day was cool, cloudy it had been raining most of the morning, the track was tire dry, but did not recieve any attention from Mr. Sun. The guys I was riding with mentioned several times about the track and the current conditions, I heard it but lost that brain thought. I'll try again in October and have my "Plan" ready and well rehearsed.

Since you put me on blast and used my screw up to put a plug in for your web site, can I at least get a free "Faster Safer" t-shirt? :D

YCRS

denbsteph;254940 wrote: Ken,

I took the YCRS course and did not impliment my "Plan". My fault all day long, As I replayed the event in my head and what I did and did not do, I took advantage of cold Dunlop Q2's and they bit me. The day was cool, cloudy it had been raining most of the morning, the track was tire dry, but did not recieve any attention from Mr. Sun. The guys I was riding with mentioned several times about the track and the current conditions, I heard it but lost that brain thought. I'll try again in October and have my "Plan" ready and well rehearsed.

Since you put me on blast and used my screw up to put a plug in for your web site, can I at least get a free "Faster Safer" t-shirt? :D
Size and shipping address please!

Ken