Guys familiar with illinois roads..

j_fuggin_t

phkz24;220900 wrote: This way will add an hour or more to your trip...20 goes through every small town between elgin and rockford. But as Germany suggested you can pick him up, then pick me up too. I live right off rt20.

I think the best bet may be a combo of options...come into IL and take 290 up to 290/53 then take 90 west. get off at belvidere (genoa rd) and take the business 20 bypass up to beloit road make a right (north/nothwest) on that and take that all the way into Roscoe. turn north on rt251. take that north about 2 miles. turn west onto elevator rd. take that into town and keep going straight by the river. when it "t's" (forgot the road name) turn left (west). go about 1 miles and turn right on prairie. BHF is about 2 miles down on your left.

By taking 90 only between 290/53 and Beloit road you only hit 2 tolls on 90. currently both are $0.80 for a car. I'm not sure what tolls you would hit before getting onto 290. once off 90 its an easy drive and not much different in time because of few stops and wide open country roads for the most part, also no tolls.
thanks bud, currently the $.80 tolls cost $2.25, and if they are to double by next summer, thats 5.50 each way, now if i only have a couple coming and going then its not bad