Hello from Gurnee IL

2slo4u

Just became an Official NESBA member yesterday. I can't tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to my first track day.

Prix

2slo4u;99125 wrote: Just became an Official NESBA member yesterday. I can't tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to my first track day.
Welcome aboard!!!! Where do you plan on taking your 1st trip to for your trackday? What kind of bike you got? How much riding experience? ect...

Also make sure you try and get a good back & chest protector along with everything else. And make sure your gloves are not just padded around the knuckles but also have that hard plastic.

WELCOME

twin ty

Welcome! There are a lot of Nesbians here in the local area. This is going to be one of the biggest most rewarding challenges you will experience. Post up if you have any concerns. Good luck.

2slo4u

I have no idea what track I will get my start on yet. I don't think NESBA has posted the 2010 schedule as of yet. I have quite bit of street experience and have owned a number of bikes. I think I am all set in terms of gear. I bought a lower end one piece Fieldsheer suit for starters but its still a decent quality product. I already hade a Knox back protector/chest protector, Puma GP1000 boots, Alpinestars GP plus gloves and a Suomy Helmet. I ride an 08 Honda CBR1k I replaced the stock brake lines with a set of Spiegler lines. I also replaced the stock pads with a set of Carbone Lorraine pads. I ditched the worn stock rubber for a set of Michelin Pilot Power 2ct. I am still waiting on a set of LSL sliders to arrive. Hopefully I can get out there and learn a few things from the CRs and purge myself of a few bad ridding habits at the same time.

jimmeigs

Welcome, we'll see you out there. Sounds like you've got the gear part solved, so schedule a basic suspension setup with Turnone your first trackday and you'll be ready to rock.

beac83

Welcome! You are about to experience the most fun you can have with clothes on.

The schedule will be posted shortly after the first of the year. There is usually early season dates at both BlackHawk Farms and Putnam park. Both are great fun. Also, the Midwest/Mid-Central regions usually gather for an event called the "NESBA BASH" sometime in late Jan or early Feb when we just get together and enjoy the evening in preparation for the coming season. Watch the MW forum for posts about the Bash. Come and meet us in Feb.

Ruhe52

Welcome to one of the best moves you have made in your life. Ladies and gentlemen coming to you from 6 Flags over Illinois 2slo4u is in the house. Come on down to RA VIR or Barber anytime.
Welcome to the NESBA family

Trent1098S

Man, you don't know what you're in for... these F#%#$ are crazy!

It's insanely fun and extremely addictive to ride the track. :)

You're in a good spot where you live.. Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Putnam Park, Autobahn Country Club, Road America, Grattan, Gingerman, Gateway in St. Louis, Iowa speedway.. lots of tracks around to ride on that are an easy drive away.

One thing... You got a trailer, truck, or van to haul your bike? Not really a good idea to ride TO the track so you can ride ON the track. I've seen it done before but it'll wear ya silly.

2slo4u

jimmeigs;99154 wrote: Welcome, we'll see you out there. Sounds like you've got the gear part solved, so schedule a basic suspension setup with Turnone your first trackday and you'll be ready to rock.
Thanks man thats next on the list once for sure

2slo4u

Trent1098S;99195 wrote: Man, you don't know what you're in for... these F#%#$ are crazy!

It's insanely fun and extremely addictive to ride the track. :)

You're in a good spot where you live.. Blackhawk Farms Raceway, Putnam Park, Autobahn Country Club, Road America, Grattan, Gingerman, Gateway in St. Louis, Iowa speedway.. lots of tracks around to ride on that are an easy drive away.

One thing... You got a trailer, truck, or van to haul your bike? Not really a good idea to ride TO the track so you can ride ON the track. I've seen it done before but it'll wear ya silly.
LOL no ridding to the tack for me in the pass when I taken long trips I used a rental from Enterprise and one of those "ratty" trailers from Uhaul. I know its not the best option but was cheap and got the job done. BTW nice selection of bikes you have I had a zx14 it was a great all around street bike.

2slo4u

TurnOneRacing;99196 wrote: Welcome aboard... It's good to see more members from the Lake County area. I'm in Waukegan.
Wow I had no idea you guys were in Lake County. I ll be contacted you guys for sure to setup my suspension and for tires.

Prix

hello

GEEZ how did I forget. 1st thing to do is call Turn One Racing right after you set your first track day and get your suspention set by them for you. It make a world of difference and its cheap for the results you get.

Also one thing said to me at a riders meeting has stuck with me and I missed my bump this year right after I heard it by one session.

"Come talk to us (control riders), otherwise you are just perfecting the mistakes you are making out there on the track, and they will be that much harder to unlearn".

gkotlin

oh, the memories of my first days. It seems so long ago. But so many good memories since them. You'll have a blast. Just get out there, have an open mind and willingness to learn and be challenged. I think thats going to be my new tag line for the track.

Welcome. I'm in Buffalo Grove. There's lots of people around here. Keep in touch and watch for our of season parties.