Hello Riders! From Liberty Bell Motorsports Park

erick1670

cyclox;125868 wrote: Another track in the NE is great news.

Two things to keep in mind (based on experiences at other recently-built tracks):

- pit-in and pit out areas should allow riders to exit and enter the track without being a hazard to those on track!

- the option to run the track safely in both directions (i.e., both clockwise and counter-clockwise) would be nice.

Best wishes with the construction process!
:agree: very good point!

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
If this does happen (and I REALLY hope it does) it's gonna be friggin sweet. 15 minute drive from my driveway to the big sign. AND counter clockwise? Makes me happy in the pants.

I could actually change tires during lunch break in my own garage! How sweet would that be.

msanna

cyclox;125868 wrote:

- the option to run the track safely in both directions (i.e., both clockwise and counter-clockwise) would be nice.

Best wishes with the construction process!
Cyclox, at this time we're looking to run in only one direction because of the needed run-off areas to run both. Of course, things change as a track matures, so I won't say it'll never happen.

BigBird

its really refreshing to speak to someone involved in a project that I will use one day.

are there going to be any bridges? if so, hopefully they can be placed in a safe manner, that will not endanger rider safety, as is the case with some of the tracks today.

msanna

BigBird;126222 wrote: its really refreshing to speak to someone involved in a project that I will use one day.

are there going to be any bridges? if so, hopefully they can be placed in a safe manner, that will not endanger rider safety, as is the case with some of the tracks today.
No bridges, no tunnels. The paddock is a "Hub and Spoke" design.
Basically the paddock area will be center with the tracks running on its borders, but not crossing ingress or egress. Bridges are great for sponsor banners and no so bad for relaxed track days, but not so good for racing at the edge.

Andymax

Wow, this sounds GREAT...another track within 4 hours will be incredible!

I really hate to be "that guy" in this situation but I hope your build goes smoother than the Bluegrass thing...which seems to be full of misinformation, red herrings, etc,. I'm pulling for you guys...and if you need any extra financing, I got like $235 extra bucks right now..so let me know.

mike574

Any thoughts about adding a supermoto section for the kart track? The kart track if far enuf away from the road courses that a dirt section would not be a problem to racers on the road courses.

Morrand

Excellent news.

I'm also particularly interested in the electrical layout, myself. Just from a professional standpoint. It might even be necessary to swing by around opening day and check them out personally.

You know, continuing education and all.

:D

msanna

mike574;126327 wrote: Any thoughts about adding a supermoto section for the kart track? The kart track if far enuf away from the road courses that a dirt section would not be a problem to racers on the road courses.
Mike, as a supermoto guy myself, i was hoping we would have the chance to do something like that, but it looks like in the early stages of our facilities opening we will be under the guidelines set forth by the townships zoning, which include no off road/dirt racing. Hopes are that as we prove ourselves in the community, they will loosen the reigns and give us leniency.
The kart tracks will certainly be available for supermoto though, and with a track length of .8 miles with a ton of technical turns, it'll be a fun one for sure.

Morrand - If you would like to tour the facility during construction, feel free to email me and we'll set it up.

thundertwini

hey, what's the news on this place. I haven't heard anything in almost a year.

it it still going to happen?

is it still moving towards a late 2011 opening, or has it been pushed back to 2012.

-signed another nearby rider.

rk97

I don't know how to check when Google Maps last updated their satellite images, but it's still showing an empty field.

Their website links to the proper location if you click on the map in the "directions" section.

msanna

thundertwini;180111 wrote: hey, what's the news on this place. I haven't heard anything in almost a year.

it it still going to happen?

is it still moving towards a late 2011 opening, or has it been pushed back to 2012.

-signed another nearby rider.
Chris,
We are moving along quite well actually. We expect to be through the remainder of the land development by the end of the year and breaking ground early spring. The process is quite lengthy and involved, but we're getting there!

thundertwini

msanna;180116 wrote: Chris,
We are moving along quite well actually. We expect to be through the remainder of the land development by the end of the year and breaking ground early spring. The process is quite lengthy and involved, but we're getting there!

fantastic! great to hear you are still moving forward. Based on your answer, construction will start in spring 2012? So you should be ready for business in spring 2013?

let us know when we can come out and RIDE! Good luck.

msanna

thundertwini;180121 wrote: fantastic! great to hear you are still moving forward. Based on your answer, construction will start in spring 2012? So you should be ready for business in spring 2013?

let us know when we can come out and RIDE! Good luck.
Nothing is certain until the ribbon is cut at ground-breaking, but that is our target at this point and all signs point towards that being met. :D

madriders86

msanna;125539 wrote:
Also, we'll have two kart tracks that also configure to three circuits.
These tracks will be 26' wide and are .5 mile and .4 miles and combine to be a .84 mile world class kart circuit.
Without reading anything else...supermoto trackdays? Please?