Intro Class?

vicsnow

Hi! I've recently joined N2 but have been following for a while. I've owned my own motorcycle for almost a year. It's a Ninja 300. I'm really wanting to get in to track days especially with N2 as Summit Point is only 15 minutes from me. Anyway.. I really wanted to check out the Intro class at the upcoming May 11 summit point day but when I went to register there's only an option for Novice and I am not prepared for Novice as far as the requirements. How do I sign up for just the Intro class in the morning?

Side note - my N2 profile has me listed as Novice even though I have not attended an event yet. Could this be affecting my ability to register for the Intro or is it first come first serve?

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
That is a manual process. Email support@n2td.org and specifically request intro group. However that day is full for intro and the only way you'd be able to sign up is as a full novice via your online portal.

rpm894

Hi! I've recently joined N2 but have been following for a while. I've owned my own motorcycle for almost a year. It's a Ninja 300. I'm really wanting to get in to track days especially with N2 as Summit Point is only 15 minutes from me. Anyway.. I really wanted to check out the Intro class at the upcoming May 11 summit point day but when I went to register there's only an option for Novice and I am not prepared for Novice as far as the requirements. How do I sign up for just the Intro class in the morning?

Side note - my N2 profile has me listed as Novice even though I have not attended an event yet. Could this be affecting my ability to register for the Intro or is it first come first serve?
Why don’t you meet the novice requirements?

You don’t want to do the intro anyways. Exactly no one on their first trackday: I’m glad I get to go home now and miss the rest of the day.

vicsnow

Why don’t you meet the novice requirements?

You don’t want to do the intro anyways. Exactly no one on their first trackday: I’m glad I get to go home now and miss the rest of the day.
It's not that I don't meet them - I'm just not prepared for them. I'm definitely an over-thinker/over-analyzer. I don't know anyone that goes or has gone. I know I'll love it and won't want to go home; I just don't want to go in to something I have no experience with and be anxious or under prepared.

Goodman

Photo-Rider
Beauty of Novice, If you aren't comfortable at a fast pace, you can totally truck around at 35. As you get some laps in you can slowly start adding speed and taking feedback to speed you up. Want to learn where you should be riding, aka the line, ask a coach if you can follow and let them know you want to go at a slower and more relaxed pace. You'll quickly find yourself going much faster than you thought you could and analyzing every little bit.

vicsnow

Beauty of Novice, If you aren't comfortable at a fast pace, you can totally truck around at 35. As you get some laps in you can slowly start adding speed and taking feedback to speed you up. Want to learn where you should be riding, aka the line, ask a coach if you can follow and let them know you want to go at a slower and more relaxed pace. You'll quickly find yourself going much faster than you thought you could and analyzing every little bit.
That sounds like what I need for the first time. I'm just socially anxious in new situations. Thanks for your help!

Goodman

Photo-Rider
You'll find that the CRs and everyone else will genuinely try to make your first experience a good one. Just like on the street. Ride your own ride. Make sure you have water, snacks and fuel (bike and bike key also very important). Everything else is taking your comfort level and building upon it. Work on one thing at a time, this way you don't over task yourself.

rpm894

You could show up and just watch how a day goes without riding if you are really worried about it. But it’s going to be great weather and maybe a light Novice group that day since N2 is also at NJMP that day. So it should be a perfect first track experince.

Have you seen a MotoAmerica podium? Socially awkward pretty much defines this sport.

If it’s your first-ever day on a track, you will be assigned to the newcomer group. For the first few sessions you will be riding with a specific (first-time riders) group within Novice, with a dedicated CR showing you the ropes. Then you meet in the classroom between sessions. Great time to ask questions - or you’ll get answers from the other riders questions. It’s a very friendly and confidence inspiring way to get acquainted with the basics.

I would bet that this process would minimize some of the possible anxiousness created by the situation. It did for me.

Then for the remainder of the day you can lap at your own pace, working on the things you’ve learned.

As rpm894 mentioned, you could always stop by to watch how the day goes. Either way you choose, know that when you’re ready, this org is filled with some great and inviting people, who I’m sure will do their best to make you feel right at home.

Ride safe!

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If summit is 15 mins away, I'll be there this Sunday night and all day Monday. Cruise up and say hi, look for 430 on the bikes. We'll give ya a quick rundown and then you'll have some friendly faces to look for next time.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If it’s your first-ever day on a track, you will be assigned to the newcomer group. For the first few sessions you will be riding with a specific (first-time riders) group within Novice, with a dedicated CR showing you the ropes. Then you meet in the classroom between sessions. Great time to ask questions - or you’ll get answers from the other riders questions. It’s a very friendly and confidence inspiring way to get acquainted with the basics.

I would bet that this process would minimize some of the possible anxiousness created by the situation. It did for me.

Then for the remainder of the day you can lap at your own pace, working on the things you’ve learned.

As rpm894 mentioned, you could always stop by to watch how the day goes. Either way you choose, know that when you’re ready, this org is filled with some great and inviting people, who I’m sure will do their best to make you feel right at home.

Ride safe!
This! We don't throw you out there unattended on your first day. All first-time track riders are assigned a CR (control rider/coach) who will do lead/follow with the group for the morning, have classroom sessions in between.
At any time, any event, you can always find one of us (we're in orange vests) and ask any questions you have. We are here to help! We love teaching!

Donkadillapig

You could show up and just watch how a day goes without riding if you are really worried about it. But it’s going to be great weather and maybe a light Novice group that day since N2 is also at NJMP that day. So it should be a perfect first track experince.

Have you seen a MotoAmerica podium? Socially awkward pretty much defines this sport.
Vicsnow... I started out 3 seasons ago with N2, been in your shoes. You are in fine fine hands, you'll love it and be well taken care of.
To rpm's point also, likely light group sizes as PRE is ALSO running VIR(N) that day.