lap timer mounts

pearsonm

snikwad;36826 wrote: ^ hmmmm....
Like if the display and receiver had their own 'cages' with bolt holes in each corner that ran thru the mount. Then again, velco and zip ties would probably accomplish the same thing.

I'm full of big ideas when I'm not the one doing the hard work! :D

snikwad

yeah, but then youd have to move the entire mount every time you go to a track where the beacon was mounted on the other side. since most bikes tend to have too much crap in the way for the beam to catch the timer from the other side of the bike, from the beacon

pearsonm

Since it’s all one unit once assembled couldn’t you just slid it off the wrong-side fork, flip it and attach it to the right side? Obviously anyone wanting to see their times in-flight would have to reassemble it to get the display side up but would it be any more work than current two-point mounting setups? (I don‘t have one so I don‘t know.)

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
snikwad;36823 wrote: would you guys drop $40-$50 shipped on these?
i just paid 45 for an aluminum one so yes! i orders one and the guy is telling me its been discontinued so I'll just give him till Wednesday to get me one if not Ill take one!

snikwad

almost that time, gents, getting the bikes ready, we found there is a small part we'd have to dremel off. Spoke to mark and he says its an easy fix.

So next month we'll have a full report on how it hold up on track at Road atlanta

aronhalt

Personally, I don't see the need. Just velcro'd my Ultra Lap display to the ram air duct on the left just behind the headlight, and then velcro'd the receiver to the rear-seat replacement cowling in the back. Very cool part though. Some % of the track day riders would buy it I imagine, but I'm a cheapskate. Though I imagine that the market is bigger for Ipod/GPS mounts or a holder for your pimp cup while you are "stuntin". I think the crowd that requires a lap timer on their bike is a severe minority... a niche market perhaps. Though, untapped niche markets sometimes = profit.

Very nice... can he make sunglass frames?

BTW, I'm riding a '04 GSXR-750. Have not updated stuff after the board change yet.

snikwad

aronhalt;42896 wrote: Personally, I don't see the need. Just velcro'd my Ultra Lap display to the ram air duct on the left just behind the headlight, and then velcro'd the receiver to the rear-seat replacement cowling in the back. Very cool part though. Some % of the track day riders would buy it I imagine, but I'm a cheapskate. Though I imagine that the market is bigger for Ipod/GPS mounts or a holder for your pimp cup while you are "stuntin". I think the crowd that requires a lap timer on their bike is a severe minority... a niche market perhaps. Though, untapped niche markets sometimes = profit.

Very nice... can he make sunglass frames?

BTW, I'm riding a '04 GSXR-750. Have not updated stuff after the board change yet.
thats just your opinion. If its not for you, dont knock it. just keep it moving, no need to clown on anything.

Are you serious about the sunglass holder.

Meat

Well, I am having problems trying to find a good spot to mount my Starlane GPS-R laptimer. I wish there was a mount for that. So, there definitely is a market for the product. I think there will always be a market for products to keep your bike clean and orderly. There will always be people with clean, well organized bikes and there will be others with jerry-rigged everything.

snikwad

ive got my my timer mounted up with the mychron mount that the CF one was modeled from, and it looks way better than when i used to velcro the timer to the HESD unit. Now youve got to think, if i had an aftermarket piston type damper, i wouldnt have anywhere to mount it, since my triple tree isnt flat.

Much, much neater on a mount. looks professional, even if my lap times arent. :)
DSC04145.jpg

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Nice! I have/had a metal one and I like that the cf is thinner, as my metal one tends to pop off sometimes. Now, I need a place to mount the other end. Does he make any pads that could be attached to the fairing that would hold the beam-thing flat? I've just been duct taping mine, but a small, cf piece on each side with velcro would look pretty nice, I'm thinking....not quite sure how I'd attach it. Just thinking out loud....:)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
snikwad;43127 wrote: naw, he only does CF. sounds like you need some velcro tho.

Oh, yeah, I know he just does cf. Yeah, I suppose I could just put velcro down, but it's at an angle, and I'm wanting to get the beam level. I was just thinking if I had a piece of cf to put there, leveled, then with velcro on top of that. Again, just thinking out loud, as I'm currently fitting the new race glass and thinking about where I'll put stuff. :)
I'll come up with something. I may get one of his cf mounts, though, they're nice.

snikwad

HondaGalToo;43150 wrote: Oh, yeah, I know he just does cf. Yeah, I suppose I could just put velcro down, but it's at an angle, and I'm wanting to get the beam level. I was just thinking if I had a piece of cf to put there, leveled, then with velcro on top of that. Again, just thinking out loud, as I'm currently fitting the new race glass and thinking about where I'll put stuff. :)
I'll come up with something. I may get one of his cf mounts, though, they're nice.
are you trying to get a mount for the receiver?
im not familiar with the newer 600RRs, the last 600RR i rode was my 03, cant you just put it on the mid fairing, like right below the clipons kinda, thats where im gonna put the velcro for my timers receiver.

When i had the XT Mini, i used to velcro it to the HESD unit, so it had a clear shot both sides.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
snikwad;43248 wrote: are you trying to get a mount for the receiver?
im not familiar with the newer 600RRs, the last 600RR i rode was my 03, cant you just put it on the mid fairing, like right below the clipons kinda, thats where im gonna put the velcro for my timers receiver.

When i had the XT Mini, i used to velcro it to the HESD unit, so it had a clear shot both sides.
Thanks, yup, the receiver - that's what I'm looking to mount. I'll see if it fits mid fairing. Maybe with the race glass, there will be a clear shot, not sure...it didn't look like it with the stock fairings. Thanks for the info!

snikwad

oh snap. lol, i dont know why i thought you had a RR, then i saw your sig.

Yeah looking at pics of the bike you should def be able to velcro both sides of the fairing where it covers the intake tubes, and just switch it for different tracks. thats where mine is going, except no tubes under it mean i have a completely flat space to mount it.

snikwad

this is a kinda, but you can see the velco on the mid fairings just below the clip ons
thats exactly where im mounting my receiver unit.

CIMG4419.JPG

snikwad

and for those that say why focus on the timer, its not about that, its to make sure its on. i almost always forget to turn it on, and that auto on feature has never worked on any that ive used.

to this day i think my best times ever was chasing morph at main in Sept, and that timer would not turn on for sh1t. i know i beat my personal best that session, because i came out of every corner thinking, woah, i can go that fast thru there??? lol.

so its not something thats distracting to me, atleast, but i like knowing its on so i can gauge my consistency and improvements afterwards. ALl i need now is a camera to watch my form and work on that. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
snikwad;43252 wrote: this is a kinda, but you can see the velco on the mid fairings just below the clip ons
thats exactly where im mounting my receiver unit.

CIMG4419.JPG
Thanks for the pic, probably what I'll do, but my fairings aren't flat (level with the ground) so the receiver will be angled downwards. Not sure it'll pick up that way, but if not, I'll figure something out!