Looking way ahead

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
You probably think I mean on the track but no. That’s not what I’m asking about.

At the end of next year I will be moving south so I won’t be able to get to the northern tracks for a while. So I’m planning on making next season northern tracks only and as many as I can get. I have already rode Lighting and Pitt Race. I wasn’t real thrilled with Pitt but that was probably because of the weather so I’m willing to give Pitt another try.

I will probably only be able to make 4 full weekends so I must choose wisely. So what tracks do you wise guys think I should choose?

bmart

Control Rider
Define northern! I used to live in MA. There was only Loudon back then. Now there are many choices including Canaan and Thompson. I did make it out to the Beaver twice, but that is now Pitt Race and twice the size.

When you get south (how far south?), you'll have a lot of choices. I am in Charlotte, NC and cycle between NC Bike (4 hours), Road Atlanta (3.5 hours), VIR, (2.5 hours) and CMP (1.5 hours). VIR has the most to offer due to their ability to change/offer different configurations (North, Full, South, Patriot, and on rare occasions, Grand (which is a bottle of awesome sauce). My favorites in order: VIR South, VIR Patriot, Road Atlanta, NC Bike, VIR North, VIR Full.

A touch further are Roebling (not my bag but others seem to like it) and Barber with the really nice museum, worth a day to just walk around there.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I currently live in North East Tennessee.
These are the drive times according to Mapquest:
VIR 4.5h
NCBike 6h
Dominion 6h
Summit Point 6h
Mid-Ohio 7h
Pitt Race 7h
Nelson Ledges 8h
Lighting/T-Bolt 9h
Pocono 9h

Like I said in my original post I will be moving south in a couple of years which means I will be driving north to go to the southern courses. So I’m not too worried about them.

Backmarker

Control Rider
Mid-O is a blast when it's dry... but you can't ride Mid-O in the wet... and it's always wet...

Pittrace on the other hand is mostly dry... but can be ridin' in the wet.. with lots of fun to be had.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
It's a real shame that the surface of Mid Ohio is as crappy as it is. It's a really, really fun track lay out, but all but unrideable until noon on a sunny day, and worthless if there's any rain. I would be really pissed if I made a big haul to ride that track and had it rain, or even mist and I missed out on even more track time than you already do with the condition of the track every morning.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
VIR grand is so fun. I swore with a motard and enough speed you could jump the lower esses on the Patriot section. Funny after I said that no one would loan me their motard.

bmart

Control Rider
My Christmas wish is for a 2019/2020 weekend of VIR South Sat&Sun and Grand Friday or Monday.

3936612_2.jpg