Lorenzo, the new Rossi?

Slowzuki

I got home at 3 am, after a long and nervous time waiting in the hospital ( My niece Isabelle life debut). Tired like a mexican crossing texas, i slept like a baby until...... 6:45 to watch mio fratello and hair stylish Simoncelli get in shape again and start in a solid 3rd in Jerez. Then... motogp qualifying.... I don't know what you guys think but that Lorenzo kid got something very special... fast, smooth, very aggressive and friendly at the same time... he's no doctor yet but he's in med school for sure!!! Its between him and dani tomorrow..... or Stoner.....or Vale.. or.....

betarace

Lorenzo talented, but the new Rossi? Doubtful... they said the same thing about that midget Pedrosa when he came up... and Gibernau "the flying Mullett" ... and Mr. 2nd Place Biaggi...

Slowzuki

Right and i agree with you... I just like the boy style and determination. You see, Stoner is really fast, Dani too, but Lorenzo is a real fighter. Not a cry baby like Biaggi or a old dog like Sete... anyway... hope for a great race tomorrow!! FORZA ITALIA!!!

betarace

the "problem" with a lot of these new riders is they dont do well in a scrap...

Stoner totally blew the season when Rossi got under his skin last year at Laguna
Gibernau hasnt won since Rossi declared "he will never win a race again"
Pedrosa cant win unless he leads wire to wire

time will tell

LesPow

Control Rider
Lorenzo will have to be a defending title champion before putting him up against the great accomplishments of Rossi, but for arguments sake, lets see if he can present that possibility this season.
He looks like a contender and we knew it from the get go. Can he can play hard ball or crash under the pressure like Stoner at laguna without an open track to run away.

After Qualifying most riders complaining about the windy conditions, Nicky in 16th hope he can get that Duc under control and redeem his confidence

Todd Stinson

Great qualifying session!

Pedrosa was only .05 off of Lorenzo, remember these Spainairds are at their home track and will have a little extra incentive to win it.

I am impressed with Pedrosa doing so well last week and today considering Honda hasn't had the setup time with the Bridgestones like Yamaha and Ducati have.

I think Rossi is a little worried, frankly he was very mopey after last weeks race. If his teamate continues to outperform him how will he respond? Shaping up to be a great season!

NoBull

Todd Stinson;52171 wrote: Great qualifying session!

Pedrosa was only .05 off of Lorenzo, remember these Spainairds are at their home track and will have a little extra incentive to win it.

I am impressed with Pedrosa doing so well last week and today considering Honda hasn't had the setup time with the Bridgestones like Yamaha and Ducati have.

I think Rossi is a little worried, frankly he was very mopey after last weeks race. If his teamate continues to outperform him how will he respond? Shaping up to be a great season!
Pedrosa switched to the stones mid season last year so they have had the time to set the bike up for them.

Great season? Maybe championship-wise, but I'd still like a few races where the winner isn't 3+ seconds ahead...

Todd Stinson

NoBull;52176 wrote: Pedrosa switched to the stones mid season last year so they have had the time to set the bike up for them.

Great season? Maybe championship-wise, but I'd still like a few races where the winner isn't 3+ seconds ahead...
You are right! I had forgotten how Pedrosa demanded the switch midway last year.

I'm afraid unless were talking about world superstock, multiple lead changes towards the end of the race may be few and far between. Still hopeful this years MotoGP will be closer with the spec tire :dunno:

Slowzuki

Can somebody please explain whats wrong with the Ducati? C'mon... loris, melandri and now nick?... for pete sake... 16th?? Did they really made a machine that only Stoner can ride?? Look at Nick's face tomorrow. He'll be so pissed... not even funny

justintime_3

Actually I dont think Hayden even finished the race. I was at the race, but I was in the cheap stands and never really saw him come by. I saw a few people get passed that were in the sixteenth position, but never saw any position change. Not saying for sure, but I dont think he even finished the race.

LesPow

Control Rider
Bruno you should edit your post.
Its a spoiler for those who will have to wait for Speedtv to air the race this afternoon.
We dont like SPOILERS!!

Rick Johnson

I think yesterdays race say he's not up to Rossi's talent.Maybe some day but Rossi is the
GOAT of roadracing IMO.Hayden probally should get back on a I4.Doesn't seem like he can get
riding the Ducati figured out.

LesPow

Control Rider
Major diff. Rossi can adapt better to changes w/bike, eg; change his riding style during the race and the puppy Lorenzo had a set up at Jerez that he could not ride around. Rossi did not seem to have a prob. but we all know what the doc is capable of.
Bad ass race and the doc took them to the clinic.
Melandri is looking comfy, its gotta be that darn Duc, Hayden is determined though, and we want him at least steadily improving.
DePuniet; not a mistake all race, the gods must be crazy!! Haha

NoBull

Rick Johnson;52401 wrote: IHayden probally should get back on a I4.Doesn't seem like he can get
riding the Ducati figured out.
When did he last ride an I4? When he was riding 600cc supersport in the US?

It's not just him. It's the bike. Look at Melandri and Capirossi. They had great results this past weekend both and they couldn't get along with the Duc 800 either. If it wasn't for Stoner we'd all be saying what a shit bike the duc is.