Lorenzo, the new Rossi?

NoBull

snikwad;52640 wrote: the same was said about yamaha before Rossi went there.
Good point and that's true, but at least Rossi and Burgess has developed that bike to the point where other can ride it as well. Lorenzo obviously has had some good results and Edwards isn't doing too bad either on his "on" days. The duc is just a beast. Period.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
GO dePuniet!!!!

I was impressed with his abilities....

i think lorenzo's problem is that he is not putting his leg out far enough..... :p

snikwad

Depuniet is cool, but i dunno, we'll see how consistent he is.
Id much rather put my faith in Melandri, hes less likely to crash i think.
WTF is up my my little buddy Elias, cmon dude, we know you can do better.

Burgess and Rossi combined can make any bike competetive i think. those two are a great combo.

The Duc is already a great bike, it doesnt need developement as such, it more needs riders that can rie it.
Capirossi used to be able to but then came the 800s and it changed, then stoner and that one rookie kid riding the Pramac Duc, those two seem like the only ones capable of riding the Duc fast.
In all fairness tho, i think Nicky can win on the Duc if he just gets more time. that buck wild thing is so his style, problem is, hes been on a Honda for so long i doubt he remember fully how to ride a wild bike.

Slowzuki

Well, i still think lorenzo have what it takes to become a good champ. Good, i said, not great. Lets face it people... its relatively easy to win when you jump 5 sec in front of everybody in the first lap... Dani does it, Casey does it, Lorenzo did it in estoril last year... only the Doc can do what he does... win from 4th, from 9th, from 13th, with a slower bike, with inferior tire, in the rain, with Ike in Indi... anywhere, anytime. I wish he still can find a true rival at his level...
Watch for Melandri and Edwards in Le Mans...

jsin38

Slowzuki;53280 wrote: I wish he still can find a true rival at his level...
I wish the same. It makes me miss those epic battles between Schwantz, Doohan, and Rainey from the 500cc days.

snikwad

On a good day, Stoner and Rossi can duke it out the entire race.
I believe he's Rossi's closest rival. That boy is good, and he's still getting better.

But yes, I've yet to see anyone pull off the damn near impossible comebacks like Rossi can, and def no one can ride a less than ideal bike to the podium like him.

Edwards is def unto something, he's been testing and qualifying better than usual, then come sunday, something always happens.

This season is shaping up to be one of the better ones in recent years. Too bad more of the Japanese manufacturers are thinking of pulling out.
Let some of these major sponsors quit, like repsol, marlboro, rizzla, and MotoGP will die almost instantly.

Slowzuki

Man... i didnt hear anything about other jap manufacturers pulling out motogp... I can't believe it!!!!
Bayliss is testing the Duc GP9 this week in Mugello. Maybe he can prove us wrong and ride that beast well or maybe he can prove that bike its taylor made for Stoner... nobody else...