MCRA - Putnam April 21, 22

cooker1

Nesbians represent !!! Jeff Taylor #1 podium in sportsman class !!!! Myself #3 podium in Novice GT Lightweight ! The only thing about my win is I cannot take full credit for it ! I give most of the credit like 99% to the MW CRs and the other Expert riders who taught me how to do this thing we do RIGHT !I especially want to thank JT because as he was lapping me he still was watching out for me ( turning into T7 way to late ) Who does that ? I will tell you who the best CRs and riders in the MW ! OH Yeah had an awesome teacher for the race class - who else but the fastest WOMAN on a bike TEA !!!!!!! Thank You was the proudest moment of my life !!!

nk140

Bill (BillFred) won the AM GT again today. Joe(Some Guy) got 3rd.....4th again for me...Video will be linked later today hopefully.

some guy #2

Uploading as we speak. It was close for few laps but a mistake in T4 let me pull the gap on you and JT to secure 3rd. Now that I think about it I saw the eventual 2nd place rider a turn or two ahead of me and passed him off as one of the experts! Gotta go 100% no matter what.

BillFred

Had fun this weekend. Nice hanging out with you guys. Good racing. I've got some videos I'll try to post soon. I had a rear facing camera, so I should have some good video of all of you (he, he, he).

j_fuggin_t

Damn that turn 4 lol... def my fault thats what i get for being off apex, nk and i were going at it for fourth and we both stayed on the gas hard through 3, both off apex he recovered his bobble, i did not.. :haha: ran to the bike to get back on and finish but no left clip on to do it with.. lesson learned

some guy #2

As much as crashes suck yours seemed to be good since you walked away and it's only a clip on keeping you from riding. Hopefully I can show up for the next Putnam round so we can all battle it out again or try to reel in Bill :p

nk140

j_fuggin_t;239246 wrote: Damn that turn 4 lol... def my fault thats what i get for being off apex, nk and i were going at it for fourth and we both stayed on the gas hard through 3, both off apex he recovered his bobble, i did not.. :haha: ran to the bike to get back on and finish but no left clip on to do it with.. lesson learned
I thought I was going down in 4 on that last lap too. Felt the front let go for a split second. I thought you were just going to shoot up the inside after my bobble. Thought I was going to have video of the race, but my camera was pointing at my gauges and throttle. :doh:

j_fuggin_t

nk140;239255 wrote: I thought I was going down in 4 on that last lap too. Felt the front let go for a split second. I thought you were just going to shoot up the inside after my bobble. Thought I was going to have video of the race, but my camera was pointing at my gauges and throttle. :doh:
at least i crash well though :D :haha:

20120422150724971.jpg

j_fuggin_t

nk140;239280 wrote: Safe!!!!! I see you have video of the race...post up when you get it uploaded.
yea i do, i'll try to get it posted one day this week, i use windows movie maker and its a pain in the ass at times lol

justintime_3

Well another Midwest Nesba guy representing here. I was just in the wee little old sportsmen class but pulled two fourth place finishes. Got some work to do.

tittys04

Well... never having seen Putnam before, I think I did ok, overall. I'm not sure where I finished in the Sportsman race, but I will admit that JT lapped me. BUT... Sunday was better. I think I finished 12 (which just happened to be in front of JT :D) in the AM GT, and ran pretty consistent 1:21 to low 1:22's. I was looking to break into the teens later in the day, and ended up with one lap at a 1:17.8 in the last session I went out (next to last session of the day). I wasn't sure I believed it at first because it was surrounded by 21's, but I checked out the video and found the lap... I got passed on the outside of dead bear by the guy who won (i think) the GT expert race on saturday, and then I got pissed and decided to try to stick with him. Of course I didn't... but I got a 1:17.8 out of the deal, so I was happy with that. Now to drop another 4 seconds and I might be where I want to be. The second time I see Putnam is going to be fun for sure!

some guy #2

^I don't think you can kick JT when he's down since he crashed but good job finishing the GT race! Good job on the 17! Come September when MCRA is back there I bet we're all going to have to step it up and run closer to 15's to secure a win. Great showing by NESBA-ians for sure.

j_fuggin_t

some guy #2;239315 wrote: ^I don't think you can kick JT when he's down since he crashed but good job finishing the GT race! Good job on the 17! Come September when MCRA is back there I bet we're all going to have to step it up and run closer to 15's to secure a win. Great showing by NESBA-ians for sure.
nah, not down, i'm not hurt, the bike needs a clip on to be fine (which i have already) its my own fault, i know better than to ride turn 4 off apex and i got bit this time, i'll see ya guys at the STT days down there in july and august :D and 15's prob 14's once i get my A game out :D (although not bad for my first time on the track this year, hell ALL of us wasn't bad) hopefully by then you won't have that cheater liter and i can actually complete the reeling you in LOL

tittys04

Eh... since there was no harm done... I would expect the same :D He was def. lookin good out there, but it's prob. the only chance I'm going to get to finish ahead of him... so I've got to give him a little grief ;)

I've definitely got some ground to make up still.... quite a bit actually. I was just glad to have the pleasant surprise of anything close to a 1:17. Also, certainly a great showing by the NESBA community.