Michelin Pure Tires???

Chgorrguy

Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Pures? Ideally I'd like to use them for a track days and the occasional street ride. Thoughts?

Mikey75702

They are great. I feel they grip a little better then the pp2cts but those weren't bad either.

Not sure how well they will do in the advanced group but I know they are fine for B.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Well, I'll throw in another opinion and suggest you look at Pirelli's Diablo Rosso Corsa for the use you've described! :D

No, I don't have any affiliation with Pirellis. I just like 'em!

B. Myers

are the Pilot Powers not available or did Michelin change those tires...used them a few years ago, they seemed to do well...mid pack "I"...coming back this year, and myself trying to find what to use...

Matt

I've run in Advanced quite comfortably on Q2's.

They're going on the street bike I just picked up, I plan to CR on it once in a while.

Chip

I ran Pures last season and liked them except my RC shredded them pretty quickly. Going Q2 this season

j_fuggin_t

HondaGalToo;173106 wrote: Well, I'll throw in another opinion and suggest you look at Pirelli's Diablo Rosso Corsa for the use you've described! :D

No, I don't have any affiliation with Pirellis. I just like 'em!
:agree: i love me some relli

j_fuggin_t

Matt;173410 wrote: ntec's a hell of a drug!!
so is supercorsa, it gets all in your veins & leaves a great fresh smell in your car :) i personally am more comfortable on the pirelli than i was w/ the 211's i got from brian, the 211 is a great tire but i'm a bit more comfy on the pirelli.

Cyclepath

For the love of god. This guy was asking about the Power Pure's, why cant anyone around here just answer a guys question without trying to sell him on your crap.
The power pure is a good tire and is about 30% lighter than all the competitor tires. That is unspung weight and allows for faster turn in with less gyroscopic inertia. Kinda like buying a nice set of carbon fiber wheels.... only cheaper.
I sold alot of them last year and had no complaints.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Bucky Badger;173414 wrote: Judy,

Have you had a chance to run the Rosso Corsa's?
Nope. I used to use the Diablo Corsa IIIs. Then I went to the Dragon Supercorsa Trackday pro, which is now discontinued.

I haven't run the Rosso Corsas yet, but I probably will start the season off with them (unless I decide to hunt down leftover Dragon Supercorsa Trackday Pros...they're still out there in a warehouse somewhere!). I'm thinking for the cooler weather they might be what I need. Plus, I'm taking a school in early May, and if it does the R-word, I want to be able to go out with some sense of confidence.

A buddy of mine who liked the DCIIIs really likes the Rosso Corsas.

I'm thinking of trying the Dragon Supercorsas in the SC2 compound when it's hot out, since I don't run warmers....

Sorry for going off topic!

B. Myers

Cyclepath;173927 wrote: For the love of god. This guy was asking about the Power Pure's, why cant anyone around here just answer a guys question without trying to sell him on your crap.
The power pure is a good tire and is about 30% lighter than all the competitor tires. That is unspung weight and allows for faster turn in with less gyroscopic inertia. Kinda like buying a nice set of carbon fiber wheels.... only cheaper.
I sold alot of them last year and had no complaints.
Dustin- how are they on warm days (ie- getting slick) and wear..on a 600...mid pack "I".

And what pressures are folks running?

Was using the Pilot Powers at 28R, 31F if I recall correct...but havent been to the track sine 2009...trying to find tires to use this year. I understand these are better than the original 2CT's...but I have never rode on those either.

dbarufaldi

Chgorrguy;172991 wrote: Anyone have any experience with the Michelin Pures? Ideally I'd like to use them for a track days and the occasional street ride. Thoughts?
I ran Pures last year. Had come off Pirelli DCIII, and I would say the grip is pretty close if not identical, maybe a bit of an advantage in the Pirelli. Turn-in was noticably faster with the Pures, but I'm guessing it didn't make any difference in my lap times.

I want to try the Q2's, the Rossa Corsas and the Pures in a some kind of back-to-back test, though.

Dan B

Chip

I ran 30 cold F&R with mine with good results. I spun up the rear several times, but it was very predictable and actully fun