Mid Ohio N2 2024

mvdon

Will N2 have any Mid Ohio track days 2024 season, I read somewhere that they are repaving and Moto America coming back 2024.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
No idea, but that would be worth a drive for me! Love the layout of the track...hate the (old) surface.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That would be awesome. But, last I heard is that they run their own motorcycle days, so I don't believe any orgs run there. It would be great if that changed....

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
They do things a little differently but Mark runs a good ship. Like novice is lead follow the majority of the day last time I heard. But they also last time I heard let you pick whatever group without checking.....

@TimTheAsian - yep, didn’t mean to cast any blame your way. I rode (once!) with a club that does that and it was the worst experience so it triggers an autonomic convulsive reflex in me.

Boegy #63

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on Mid Ohio Track days/group?
I've ridden Mid Ohio a handful of times mostly in my novice days. As Tim stated , Mark J runs a great program(PTR). Novice is structured around the lead follow method and towards the end of the day depending on your progress they let you free. From my experience a request for a bump required an evaluation from two different CRs or sending in prior trackday/racing information. The only big complaint I have is they only offer track days on Mondays and Tuesday. I did ride this past September and the track surface was a major let down as we all know. The track layout is a lot of fun though and I'm excited to ride it after the re pave especially since I'm located only an hour away from the track!

Jorgy

I'll do my best to get there this year. I did the superbike school there in the 90s and haven't been back since.

Bellboy

I’ve been doing trackdays there for the last 5 years. PTR is a good org and they don’t pack the track with bikes. Coaches evaluate for bumps if you ask. They will take you out and evaluate you in the group you want to bump to. Bikes are kind of stepchildren it’s a car course so bikes get Mondays and Tuesdays. Have to register by Friday for the following week or if not enough are signed up they will cancel. They’ve cancelled a lot in recent years but that will change this year with the new surface draw. Facilities are a low point of the track but they’re okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
I rode with STT many years ago at Mid Ohio , in the Monte years, and had a great time. I did coach a few co events with them and TPM at VIR a few times and at Barber and Road America. All were great days. Would love to Mid Ohio again too. However the covette museum this year is on my todo list so I can wait on Mid Ohio