More Barber Dates

Nesba

Otto Man;300216 wrote: You're absolutely right John. I never even thought of that. Now that I think about it, there seems to be almost two separate crowds - The crowds that ran South on Sat/Sun, and the North crowd. Very few people ran both. Probably due to work scheduling. Even with that, I still can't remember that many South days where the crowd was lacking. Never seemed sold out, but always a solid attendance. Just seems odd to not have that many South days on the schedule.

Still sucks that North is on a Monday, requiring me to take leave to attend. Oh well. Can't have it all I suppose. :D

Call me ill be glad to give you the details around all the decisions as i have with four or five folks already.

if you need my number just PM me.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Ruhe52;300217 wrote: Used to be the only way you got a North day was Monday. First few years with NESBA we never had a Sat or Sun at North so I see that as a positive trend this org did for us and now as far as North is concerned we are just back to normal.
Excellent point Mr. Ruhe. I agree, and I can testify to this.

I started with NESBA at VIR North in August of 2002. It was a weekday. Our first North/North on a Saturday/Sunday was June of 2011..the weekend of my son's 1st birthday.

I miss the Full course. That's the ultimate flowing layout if you ask me. VIR the way it was meant to be.

And I want a pony as well.

jcrich

Ruhe52;300197 wrote: Bob I want a pony
I think you are shooting too low. You need a unicorn that shits rainbows. :D

I think I mentioned in one of the other hundred or so threads about the dates that as you said, we never used to get North dates on the weekend, only on Mondays.

leanangler

Control Rider
I agree with a lot of the above, personally I've always been pretty liberal with my driving habits to ride an event, (can you say Atlantic City, NJ to Barber or Road Atlanta, done it, many times). My rational has always been that if I'm going to drive that far, it needs to be a 2 day event to make it worth the travel costs, I wouldn't be surprised if other folks felt the same way.
I'm moving to California this summer (another military move - #12 to be exact!), and I was going to make the long drive from Mobile, Alabama to VIR for the North-North event, but now that it is just a single day.....it's hard to say. I SOOO want to ride VIR again, before leaving the east coast, can we at least add south course to make it a 2 day event? Pretty please with sugar on top, hold the pony.

Ruhe52

Ok this is just getting stupid. Lets put things in perspective.

First where is my f*&%ing pony!!!!!!!!
Second JR I cannot promise I can make the VIR you are looking at before the move but I will do this.
Pick a weekend I am going even if a Monday. Fly into Atlanta and I will pick you up. Drive you to VIR and provide you with a R6 that you will be very happy to ride. Sprung and set up for you. Drop you at Charlotte or Atlanta on the way back. You bring gear to ride in and buy beer and brats!!!!!!
Don't move tell those bastards you live in the SE can't you get a Coast Guard posting in Atlanta you dick!!!!!!

bmrboy

Ruhe52;300282 wrote: Ok this is just getting stupid. Lets put things in perspective.

Second JR I cannot promise I can make the VIR you are looking at before the move but I will do this.
Pick a weekend I am going even if a Monday. Fly into Atlanta and I will pick you up. Drive you to VIR and provide you with a R6 that you will be very happy to ride. Sprung and set up for you. Drop you at Charlotte or Atlanta on the way back. You bring gear to ride in and buy beer and brats!!!!!!
Don't move tell those bastards you live in the SE can't you get a Coast Guard posting in Atlanta you dick!!!!!!

That is a NO BRAINER deal ..........:agree:

JRA;300200 wrote: I've seen that you have said this previously, so I have a question. Does this mean you won't ride with NESBA if we have an event that fits your schedule at a track that you like?
How can you even think I won't ride with NESBA any chance I get???? I mean seriously dude, I thought you knew me better than that. OK, I get it, Barber is a "destination" track for most of the members and the numbers just aren't there to justify more events. How does that equate to me stomping my foot, beating on my high chair, taking my toys and going home just because I don't get my way??????

For the record (then I'm done with this crap), I started this thread as a joke. If you'll check back to the opening line of my original post I said I want to be the first to "bitch and whine" about more Barber dates, followed by the big green smiley--->:D
I want to ride with the club I consider mine and I want to ride with the guys that I know and trust. It's that simple. Since that isn't possible, I'll ride with that other org and I'll have fun. It won't be as much fun as it would be with y'all but fun will be had.

Mike, we have 2 "ponies". A highly spirited quarter horse and a registered Tennessee Walker. You are more than welcome to come on up and ride anytime ya like.

Finally, since I can't make the March Barber date, I hope to see all you fine folks at RA in April (and May, and July). I'll make sure Anna packs enough Pampers and brings my Binky:rolleyes:

Godfather

Mobile Town

leanangler;300256 wrote: I agree with a lot of the above, personally I've always been pretty liberal with my driving habits to ride an event, (can you say Atlantic City, NJ to Barber or Road Atlanta, done it, many times). My rational has always been that if I'm going to drive that far, it needs to be a 2 day event to make it worth the travel costs, I wouldn't be surprised if other folks felt the same way.
I'm moving to California this summer (another military move - #12 to be exact!), and I was going to make the long drive from Mobile, Alabama to VIR for the North-North event, but now that it is just a single day.....it's hard to say. I SOOO want to ride VIR again, before leaving the east coast, can we at least add south course to make it a 2 day event? Pretty please with sugar on top, hold the pony.
JR

As a Mobile native now living in Virginia, I would be happy to loan you any track gear you may need for a VIR event (stands, pop-up, tent, lawn chairs, power, pink flamingos) if you ship your stuff out early to the west coast.;)

Just let me know.

Roll Tide...

5 minues later and I read all the comments made and my offer still stands but Mike R. has an offer that can't be beat! Even if I brought the pony...

JRA

griffonrider;300293 wrote: How can you even think I won't ride with NESBA any chance I get???? I mean seriously dude, I thought you knew me better than that. OK, I get it, Barber is a "destination" track for most of the members and the numbers just aren't there to justify more events. How does that equate to me stomping my foot, beating on my high chair, taking my toys and going home just because I don't get my way??????

For the record (then I'm done with this crap), I started this thread as a joke. If you'll check back to the opening line of my original post I said I want to be the first to "bitch and whine" about more Barber dates, followed by the big green smiley--->:D
I want to ride with the club I consider mine and I want to ride with the guys that I know and trust. It's that simple. Since that isn't possible, I'll ride with that other org and I'll have fun. It won't be as much fun as it would be with y'all but fun will be had.

Mike, we have 2 "ponies". A highly spirited quarter horse and a registered Tennessee Walker. You are more than welcome to come on up and ride anytime ya like.

Finally, since I can't make the March Barber date, I hope to see all you fine folks at RA in April (and May, and July). I'll make sure Anna packs enough Pampers and brings my Binky:rolleyes:
Mike, I was just trying to make a point so don't take it personally. Most people approach this just like you do.

The point is we could have an event every weekend and the decisions to ride with NESBA would still be based on what fits for each person based on their time and finances available. If we had more events then obviously there would be more potential fits for each individual, but that doesn't mean that will translate into more people at the track. The average rider only does two or three days a year, so think about what makes the most sense here. We are drawing from basically the same pool of riders (which doesn't seem to be growing yet), and having eight or ten events in the span of twelve or fourteen weeks just spreads those riders out over multiple events. For all kinds of reasons most people just can't go to the track that much.

I think we have a great schedule, and I think it's a lot better balanced now and will fit the market of potential riders better. Yes, I do think that turning the stand alone VIR dates into a weekend event would be better overall, but having the stand alone North Monday's isn't the disaster many on this board seem to think it is.

We have a very strong line-up from March to April, and then tapering back a little over the summer when attendance seems to shrink.

We have the huge fundraiser at Road Atlanta again in July (BTW, just got contacted by Airfence and they are getting ready to ship out the new sections we purchased last year), and a couple of good NC Bike events that everyone has been clamoring for. I hope to see us add a couple of weekends in September and October, but there is still plenty of time for that to happen. From the perspective of someone who is interested in riding at more than one track I think it looks pretty good.

People have been asking for communication, so I've offered my opinion which is based on running the SE since 2010. Bob actually makes the schedule and he has offered to speak with anyone who would like more info.

One last thing, I feel pretty confident that if the demand is shown to warrant adding dates this year Bob will attempt to do so. If we have good numbers at the our events this year I feel like we will try to add a few more events next year. If the economy ever improves people will start coming back to the sport, and hopefully that will justify having a schedule more similar to what we had six or seven years ago with many tracks and dates to choose from.

yokel84

Since you're taking orders for ponies and stuff, here's what I want: 2-day events every weekend at either VIR, NCBIKE, or CMP(never got to ride this one). I could wake up at early every Saturday morning and roll into tech. Man, that would be convenient.

I'm having a hard time with this whole patience thing.

leanangler

Control Rider
Ruhe52;300282 wrote: Ok this is just getting stupid. Lets put things in perspective.

Mike, off the bat you rock, your offer is above and beyond, hopefully we can work something for one of the spring events and it we just end up caravaning from Atlanta, but if it ends up in the fall, I just might be flying in to an airport near you...:D

Oh and your pony is in being delivered on Friday by FedEx (tracking number: 1Z34598345699871), although we forgot to punch any air holes in the box...

Is it March 22nd yet?

yokel84

Ruhe52;300324 wrote: Hey just so long as you understand my Pony request was in before yours :D
As far as I can tell, this forum has two unwritten rules:

1-Never admit that your real goal is to beat Marc Marquez

2-Don't piss off the CRs

Give this man his pony!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
0002166482518_500X500.jpg