Motards

Whats more dangerous in the I an B groups, Some dink in his rossi leathers riding over his head on a 1000 or A guy that wants to have fun at A pace he can handle on A light wieght bike

msanna

I'll apologize ahead of time if I say something that has already been said, I had neither the time nor the patience to read all the posts.

Here's my 2 cents, instead of creating animosity over the situation, can we as the Nesba family perhaps look into pioneering a new rider group specifically for motards?
Team Promo is allowing cars on the track....which i think is the worst idea ever FWIW...but why not work on a Supermoto group for Nesba since it is gaining so much popularity?

Imagine this, Nesba gets to run concurrent track days at Summit Main and Shenendoah, or maybe BeaveRun and the Beav's cart track...or even either NJMP and the NJMP cart track.
Could prove to be both an exciting time for all the riders as well as economical for Nesba since they won't have to lug the trailer out for another event.

I ride both, and although I would never run either on any of the tracks except JC and East anyway, I think something like this would be awesome and really encourage more people to join Nesba.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, just had to throw my thoughts in to the pot.

ridelater

both beaver and njmsp seem supermoto friendly they would give you the track if you get the people. honestly though that a different ave. there are other groups that run supermoto event we should just go to them. supermoto junkies has all you need to know. there a guy there setting up days at njmsp for mini at the monment esrma will get it for us to race next yr. b.r. loves supermoto(money) if they get money(people) they let you run.

pearsonm

Would a 690 KTM SMC or Duke meet the definition of a single cylinder dirt bike based machine? I’m not trying to be a smartass. I’m seriously considering one but I want to know before I make an expensive mistake.

Tigerboy

msanna;13670 wrote: Here's my 2 cents, instead of creating animosity over the situation, can we as the Nesba family perhaps look into pioneering a new rider group specifically for motards?

Imagine this, Nesba gets to run concurrent track days at Summit Main and Shenendoah, or maybe BeaveRun and the Beav's cart track...or even either NJMP and the NJMP cart track. Could prove to be both an exciting time for all the riders as well as economical for Nesba since they won't have to lug the trailer out for another event.

I ride both, and although I would never run either on any of the tracks except JC and East anyway, I think something like this would be awesome and really encourage more people to join Nesba.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, just had to throw my thoughts in to the pot.
I suggested that a few pages back, and the request was declined. But if motards get popular enough, I can see it happening. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

You could look at ESMRA, but that's Supermoto, which involves a dirt section. Some riders don't want to do that, preferring to run their motard on pavement only.

The one supermoto track at Beaverun was tight, anything over a 450 seemed like too much bike, heck even the 250s were almost as fast as the 450s (and it was more a question of the rider, than the bike).

Given the populatrity of the KTMs that are > 600cc, I think it makes sense to have track days that cater to them. :dunno:

I certainly wouldn't let NESBA rules affect my decision whether to get one of these bikes, or not.

pearsonm

Tigerboy;14939 wrote: I certainly wouldn't let NESBA rules affect my decision whether to get one of these bikes, or not.
I'm not. I'm just trying to have some cheap fun. I find it hard to totally give up the street and have always wanted to learn how to slide around in the dirt. If a 690 and extra set of rims worked on the track, street and dirt roads it could make more sense than having separate track and street bikes.

msanna

pearsonm;14927 wrote: Would a 690 KTM SMC or Duke meet the definition of a single cylinder dirt bike based machine? I’m not trying to be a smartass. I’m seriously considering one but I want to know before I make an expensive mistake.
This is an interesting question, my next street bike is going to be a 690 duke, but being its a street bike with a top speed as high as an SV650, i doubt it would be a problem to track it.

hank

msanna;14972 wrote: This is an interesting question, my next street bike is going to be a 690 duke, but being its a street bike with a top speed as high as an SV650, i doubt it would be a problem to track it.
I recently did a track day and there was an Aprilia SXV 550 in the Advanced group with us - that is one damn impressive bike! :adore:

And not just because I am partial to the Priller's!;)

jennthebiker

pearsonm;14927 wrote: Would a 690 KTM SMC or Duke meet the definition of a single cylinder dirt bike based machine? I’m not trying to be a smartass. I’m seriously considering one but I want to know before I make an expensive mistake.
the 690 ktm smc is part of the restriction.

(but sure is a fun bike to ride!)

KeithM

Hallett mostly puts on their own track days. A few ago they let MINI-MOTARDS in their Beginner group. The riders were not beginners, quite the contrary.

I'm NOT advocating what's shown below. It's just another example of their unsafe policies.

9_370.jpg

24_G.jpg

73_A.jpg

Burnall4

I have no concern in this matter other than Road Racing world "Track Day Directory" has a picture of a Nesba TrackDay at Barber Motorsports...with an Ape following a Triumph. Might be an old picture but I think its kind of ironical

photo-16.jpg

sternsi

Control Rider
Curious on how someone other then pics of you took a pic at one of our events? Something dont seem right with that.

Burnall4

sternsi;52251 wrote: Curious on how someone other then pics of you took a pic at one of our events? Something dont seem right with that.
judging by the bikes, and the gear the riders are wearing...I would have to say that pic is old...were there other picture providers a couple of years back? :notsure:

theSaint

You can clearly see how unsafe a motard is on a fast track like HPT. While riding a casual pace in Intermediate, I can barely keep from getting run down by all the supersports, and in the straights I'm taking up at least 24" of the right side of a 30ft wide track! I give that traffic was light that day, but any competent rider should have no problem getting around a slower bike in the straights. It is a trackday, a time to enhance and hone your riding skills, not a race.
"Power without Precision is Pointless" the NESBA motto contradicts the motard ban.
NESBA says the motard ban is because of unsafe closing speeds, yet slower bikes are not banned, I say there's more to it than that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5VpWFKYe4E
2003 YZ450F with maybe 50RWHP
Video was taking last year in I group, Rider videoing was on a GSXR 750 and was bumped to Advanced a few NESBA trackdays later!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
theSaint;52278 wrote:
"Power without Precision is Pointless" the NESBA motto contradicts the motard ban.
NESBA says the motard ban is because of unsafe closing speeds, yet slower bikes are not banned, I say there's more to it than that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5VpWFKYe4E
2003 YZ450F with maybe 50RWHP
Video was taking last year in I group, Rider videoing was on a GSXR 750 and was bumped to Advanced a few NESBA trackdays later!
Exactly what would you say there is to it?? Please do enlighten us all.

avizpls

#11-A
maybe he doesnt know WHAT there is to it since it was all done conspiracy-style behind closed doors :rolleyes:, but there must be SOMETHING besides closing speeds as reasoning or else all slow bikes would be banned. I just got here and don't really have an idea of what it takes to run an org as well as this one is, but he's sorta got a point and I think its this: If you dont want motos, just say no motos. Dont cite weak logic for a reason.

I have a feeling I'll regret opening my mouth on this.......I ride a Monster

Jiggy

Control Rider
avizpls;52371 wrote:
I have a feeling I'll regret opening my mouth on this.......I ride a Monster

Cookie Monster? "COOKIE!!!! num num num num......" :popcorn:

07yzfr1

avizpls;52371 wrote: If you dont want motos, just say no motos. Dont cite weak logic for a reason.

I have a feeling I'll regret opening my mouth on this.......
I think this is how a lot of people feel. Doesn't make sense to me either.