MW Refunds

Ex. 39

rk97;229947 wrote: I understand that people are upset, but the notion that anyone is "entitled" to a refund is simply wrong.

The membership purchased is still valid at any track day NESBA operates in 2012. The fact that Bob has even entertained the notion of prorated refunds is more than he's required to do. While I understand that the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, NESBA isn't being asked to do what they're obligated; they're being asked to go above and beyond that. In sub cases, you generally catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
somebody gets it. :congrats:

Germany

rk97;229947 wrote: I understand that people are upset, but the notion that anyone is "entitled" to a refund is simply wrong.

The membership purchased is still valid at any track day NESBA operates in 2012. The fact that Bob has even entertained the notion of prorated refunds is more than he's required to do. While I understand that the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, NESBA isn't being asked to do what they're obligated; they're being asked to go above and beyond that. In sub cases, you generally catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

so since I used to drive 60min down the road to the next track, I'm now very happy that I can run the next closest track that is 8 or maybe 12 hrs away? :rolleyes:
Some people may not have the time to do that...
If I would have wanted to do Trackdays in Florida, I would have signed up with southern trackdays...

Germany

on a different note... why not expose the numbers for the Midwest from last year? how much lost was made in the MW? since its a NOT FOR PROFIT organization there shouldn't be a problem with breaking even.

rk97

And I certainly sympathize with those who previously had tracks close by, and would now have to drive 500 miles, but explaining your situation and asking politely for a refund is not the same as complaining on the forum.

Germany

rk97;229971 wrote: And I certainly sympathize with those who previously had tracks close by, and would now have to drive 500 miles, but explaining your situation and asking politely for a refund is not the same as complaining on the forum.
this is 2012...
everything and everyone has an E-penis and needs to show it, that and being told your plans for track days this year are fucked by canceling your region, but we add a few more new tracks... will create such situations...

I honestly don't care, I have only little money as credits left, but for some that counted to live of their credits who might have been given to them as presents this might all be a bit salty...

z064life

denbsteph;229934 wrote: How close to closing MW down did you purchase them?, One track day? NESBA ought to take care of those individuals who just came on board. Like Mr. Blanford said, not in theses exact words, This was a decision that was not decided with in a couple of days, this decision was based over a period of time. Sure would be interesting to see what he means for real, or was the statement just hogwash? Then again, I don't expect NESBA to come right out and say we began looking at closing down MW on October 12, 2011 and thats the date we will work with for some folks, then again if you can appeal to his Human nature and do some kind of secret deal behind close doors (you know like some super CIA secret agent shit) you might get all your money back. NESBA is waiting for this thread to cool down so they can make some real decisions, there is a lot of riders not happy with the poor decision that was made, I'm guessing.
Purchased them right before the Nov 12/13 trackday at Barber

z064life

rk97;229971 wrote:
And I certainly sympathize with those who previously had tracks close by, and would now have to drive 500 miles, but explaining your situation and asking politely for a refund is not the same as complaining on the forum.

Not saying they have to do anything. If you look at my post I'm asking that my memberships not be prorated, just downgraded. I understand that most of my trackdays this year will not be with NESBA with this move, but I will still ride with them for a few trackdays....just not enough to make the benefits of elite membership worth it. I don't think you can fault someone that bought 2 elite memberships thinking I'd get 12+ trackdays in this year with NESBA to suddenly having 4 planed..maybe 6 at the most (If the report comes back favorable for VIR)

Kegger

i dont even want a full prorated refund, I may try to do events in other regions as others have said. Heres a crazy request, id like to make my membership a regular membership and be prorated for the rest of the elite. Im not gonna be making last minute decisions about tracks so far from me. Where the elite membership made sense for close tracks and last minute decisions, it doesnt make sense for far tracks where the trip has to be planned far in advance.

j_fuggin_t

Kegger;230644 wrote: i dont even want a full prorated refund, I may try to do events in other regions as others have said. Heres a crazy request, id like to make my membership a regular membership and be prorated for the rest of the elite. Im not gonna be making last minute decisions about tracks so far from me. Where the elite membership made sense for close tracks and last minute decisions, it doesnt make sense for far tracks where the trip has to be planned far in advance.
i thought i read they were doing that, email info@nesba.com

Kegger

Kegger;230644 wrote: i dont even want a full prorated refund, I may try to do events in other regions as others have said. Heres a crazy request, id like to make my membership a regular membership and be prorated for the rest of the elite. Im not gonna be making last minute decisions about tracks so far from me. Where the elite membership made sense for close tracks and last minute decisions, it doesnt make sense for far tracks where the trip has to be planned far in advance.
j_fuggin_t;230650 wrote:
i thought i read they were doing that, email info@nesba.com
Never saw a dime. Spent $200 in Aug of '11 ............I guess I will have to ride on shagged tires a couple of days this year.....

codered636

Nesba;228469 wrote: To clarify for Derek and anyone else who is interested.

NESBA's Policy:

[list type=decimal][*]Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. [*]No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits. [*]Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.
Policy adjusted for MW members:

Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. Pro-rated refund for Elite members and anyone who has recently purchased a $25 membership.
No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits.- MW member is able to sell any and all credits without surcharge.Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.- This policy has been waived
[/list type=decimal]I think corporate greed would be for us to adhere to our policy and not adjust anything, however we do not want to do that, we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.

So I'm trying to sell my credits from last year and just wanted some clarification on this :

Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue.
For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.- This policy has been waived

Since this policy has been waived, does that mean the credits do not expire after 1 year?

Thanks