MW Refunds

denbsteph

Bob, I know you are catching hell and I have no intentions of making things worse, but In my case I spent a bunch of $$$$ on a bike and gear and I'm trying to gage if this is going to have a far reaching impact to where I reside. I'm watching and putting out feelers to see if NESBA is solid based on answers from you and others. I meant no disrespect just wanting to ride fast, but safe with NESBA. Dennis

MaRce1o

Derick;228565 wrote: I was also told emails went out to inform everyone of the MW shutting down, I for one never received an email. Facebook told me.
I did, and I'm in MA...

Sucks this is happening though

:popcorn:

stkr

Derick;228565 wrote: I was also told emails went out to inform everyone of the MW shutting down, I for one never received an email. Facebook told me.
The only email I received was about the SE expansion. Nothing on the MW closure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rk97

Derick;228455 wrote: yeah so it looks like NESBA just took a big ole crap on all its loyal members. I would like to think that a class action suit would be in order here.
Not gonna happen.

You paid for a membership, and you got one. The fact that you have to drive further than anticipated to use it is legally irrelevant.

I'm just as disappointed as everyone else in the Midwest that I'll have to ride with other orgs in 2012, but the animosity shown by some members is getting pretty childish and uncalled for. The refunded membership is a pretty fair offer IMHO.

Derick

rk97;228625 wrote: Not gonna happen.

You paid for a membership, and you got one. The fact that you have to drive further than anticipated to use it is legally irrelevant.

I'm just as disappointed as everyone else in the Midwest that I'll have to ride with other orgs in 2012, but the animosity shown by some members is getting pretty childish and uncalled for. The refunded membership is a pretty fair offer IMHO.
Except they are not refunding the memberships. They are only offering pro-rated refunds to elite members. You think it's fair that certain people get there fees refunded but others don't?

sobottka

Nesba;228469 wrote: To clarify for Derek and anyone else who is interested.

NESBA's Policy:

[list type=decimal][*]Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. [*]No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits. [*]Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.
Policy adjusted for MW members:

Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. Pro-rated refund for Elite members and anyone who has recently purchased a $25 membership.
No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits.- MW member is able to sell any and all credits without surcharge.Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.- This policy has been waived
[/list type=decimal]I think corporate greed would be for us to adhere to our policy and not adjust anything, however we do not want to do that, we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.
I call bullshit! When a reigion is cancelled, these people deserve a refund!

suzukigirl

Wow. That is all. I've learned a few lessons about keeping my big mouth shut, otherwise I'd have a lot to say ; ) Hope something fair gets worked out for all of you that have supported this wonderful region. How unfortunate.

Derick

sobottka;228711 wrote: let me get this straight ...nesba is generously waiving any surcharge or transfer fees for selling or transfering credits due to a cancelled region ...and thats it??? i cant even think of the words to describe how lame and destructive this policy is.

memberships were purchased by midwest members with the undestanding that they would get (to pay more money) to ride with nesba in the midwest. now that you cancelled the midwest region please explain to us why the members who cant ride in other regions dont deserve a refund.
Greed

mpz

Nesba;228469 wrote: Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. Pro-rated refund for Elite members and anyone who has recently purchased a $25 membership.
I bought a discounted 3 year membership for $175 (back when membership was $75/year) which expires in March 16, 2013, you cancel my region and I get nothing back? Please tell me that's not so.

BillFred

I have 800 reward points. I DEMAND $1 for each point. :haha:

Where's all that NESBA love and tears that I was reading on the other thread?? :D

tittys04

Nesba;228469 wrote: To clarify for Derek and anyone else who is interested.

NESBA's Policy:

[list type=decimal][*]Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. [*]No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits. [*]Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.
Policy adjusted for MW members:

Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. Pro-rated refund for Elite members and anyone who has recently purchased a $25 membership.

No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits.- MW member is able to sell any and all credits without surcharge.Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.- This policy has been waived
[/list type=decimal]I think corporate greed would be for us to adhere to our policy and not adjust anything, however we do not want to do that, we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.
Guys... chill out, Elite members aren't the only ones getting membership refunds. If you have recently purchased the regular membership, email them and politely ask for a refund. If you didn't recently purchase a membership, then you have no right to demand a refund because it is likely close to its expiration.

This sucks for everyone in the midwest, but some of the hate here is a bit uncalled for.

Derick

tittys04;228797 wrote: Guys... chill out, Elite members aren't the only ones getting membership refunds. If you have recently purchased the regular membership, email them and politely ask for a refund. If you didn't recently purchase a membership, then you have no right to demand a refund because it is likely close to its expiration.

This sucks for everyone in the midwest, but some of the hate here is a bit uncalled for.
I've read the policy, you dont need to post it. It a matter of being fair to those members they are leaving out, however it just says recently, thats a matter of interpretation. I just want NESBA to do the RIGHT thing for everyone equally

Its pretty simple. Offer pro-rated refunds on ALL memberships purchased in the MW.

tittys04

Yep, and from my experience with NESBA (after the whole membership change up a couple of years ago) they loosely interpret things like this to try to take care of everyone. If you have a specific example that has you so angry, post up and quit talking in general terms. Otherwise take a chill pill, and give them a chance to interpret things before you plaster them for interpreting things too tightly.