MW Refunds

tittys04

and they never said it that time either. They catch a lot of flack for operating that way, but that's how they operate. For whatever reason (and I'm sure there are good ones), they don't release all the info everyone thinks they are entitled to. Accept it, and give them a chance to work things out before you bash the hell out of them. I'm sure Bob didn't wake up one morning, stretch, and while he's taking a piss think "you know, I need a little extra cash this week, so I think I'm going to get rid of the MW and keep all of their membership money." No one wanted this to happen, especially not NESBA, so making them out to be a greedy corporation is, to put it politely, a stretch.

fitz

The MW region closing is disappointing I get that, and people showing their disappointment I think is appropriate and healthy. But to bitch just for the sake of bitching, well I can’t be but disappointed in some of my fellow riders I had thought were above such behavior.

If anyone gets screwed, come back here, state your facts and if your petition is justified I’ll voice my opinions along with yours to get NESBA to do the right thing, but till then let’s at least give them a chance.

fitz

tittys04

fitz;228820 wrote: The MW region closing is disappointing I get that, and people showing their disappointment I think is appropriate and healthy. But to bitch just for the sake of bitching, well I can’t be but disappointed in some of my fellow riders I had thought were above such behavior.

If anyone gets screwed, come back here, state your facts and if your petition is justified I’ll voice my opinions along with yours to get NESBA to do the right thing, but till then let’s at least give them a chance.

fitz
:idea: What a great idea!! :D

z064life

All I'm wanting is my elite membership to be downgraded to a standard $25 member and credits stay with us. This is for both me and a buddy of mine that I also purchased his elite membership. That works out to a refund of $250. My only issue with the "prorated" is we purchased the membership for the Barber trackday in Nov...so the prorate reduction is going on during the off season. I emailed NESBA directly and they referred me here to answer my questions.

Bob, I think the above option is MORE than fair to all involved if they want to choose to continue with a membership with you. I do plan to run a few trackdays outside the Midwest still.

Thanks!

Kegger

I want my refund because I was a member of the midwest region. I planned to do the tracks blackhawk, gratten, putnam, gingerman. I was coming back last year from a long hiatus, and the elite membership made sense for tracks that were a few hours or less away. I decided that paying a membership fee 270% higher than the regular membership fee was insurance for waiting for the weather, etc. The $200 membership now equates to insurance for a car that I am not gonna drive. I would expect that Nesba will honor a refund, but I cant make them. I have faith that they will do the right thing, they have always taken care of us in the past, regarding credits, refunds etc. So I am hoping for the best.

Relax and give them a chance. And seriously, its been said before.....if the 75 dollars or 200 dollars for that matter is going to put you out on the street, maybe you should take up a different hobby.

If I dont get it back, Ill put it behind me and move on with a different org. Realistically, all of the membership fees Ive paid over the years, are well worth the friendships Ive made and the good times Ive had...........including the current years fees in question.

Midwest region being gone is the loss, not the membership fees.

Derick

So.... about those refunds. Still haven't received an email from NESBA. And time just keeps ticking off the pro-rate clock.

tittys04

Derick;229917 wrote: nope. by now emails should have been sent out. its been 2 weeks
Have you contacted them directly? I have never had a problem getting a response from them in a timely manner. You don't even know that anyone who can do anything to help the situation has or will look at this thread. Just a thought.

Derick

tittys04;229918 wrote: Have you contacted them directly? I have never had a problem getting a response from them in a timely manner. You don't even know that anyone who can do anything to help the situation has or will look at this thread. Just a thought.
I was more curious if anyone else had received their email.

fitz

rk97;229921 wrote: I'll send you $25 to stop posting.:rolleyes:
LOL!! :haha:

Hey wait a minute :idea: , you mean I can make money for being obnoxious? If anyone is going to get PAID it's me! :D

PM me for my Paypal info (that goes for everyone)

j_fuggin_t

Kegger;228827 wrote:
Relax and give them a chance. And seriously, its been said before.....if the 75 dollars or 200 dollars for that matter is going to put you out on the street, maybe you should take up a different hobby.

If I dont get it back, Ill put it behind me and move on with a different org. Realistically, all of the membership fees Ive paid over the years, are well worth the friendships Ive made and the good times Ive had...........including the current years fees in question.

Midwest region being gone is the loss, not the membership fees.
:agree: well said Craig, the folks i've met through nesba is well worth the $$ i've paid, i'm upset the MW is gone for the year but my friendships gained will not go away, Guys like Palella, Nolan, Kotlinski, Fred, Granznow, Hix, Wink, Brent, Allan, Jeremy, Blume, Tea, Kim (shiro/Brutus), Jordan, Andrei, Christan, Lars, Nick, Scott, Rob, Craig, Dustin, and man the list can go on. Those folks aren't just nesbians to me, they are friends. We will all end up on the track together somehow, our region may be shut down but i won't turn my back on it.

cooker1

j_fuggin_t;229925 wrote: :agree: well said Craig, the folks i've met through nesba is well worth the $$ i've paid, i'm upset the MW is gone for the year but my friendships gained will not go away, Guys like Palella, Nolan, Kotlinski, Fred, Granznow, Hix, Wink, Brent, Allan, Jeremy, Blume, Tea, Kim (shiro/Brutus), Jordan, Andrei, Christan, Lars, Nick, Scott, Rob, Craig, Dustin, and man the list can go on. Those folks aren't just nesbians to me, they are friends. We will all end up on the track together somehow, our region may be shut down but i won't turn my back on it.
I"m so upset right now I was left out I think I was your 1st bump ! LMAO

z064life

I'm going to guess the prorate will take place at the time of the announcement, not the time of refund. That would be my guess. I'm assuming they are also figuring out all options as stated in my post, personally I'd like to retain a standard membership because I will still ride with NESBA 2-3 times a year. I wanted the Elite membership when my plans were on the order of 12-15.

z064life

j_fuggin_t;229925 wrote: :agree: well said Craig, the folks i've met through nesba is well worth the $$ i've paid, i'm upset the MW is gone for the year but my friendships gained will not go away, Guys like Palella, Nolan, Kotlinski, Fred, Granznow, Hix, Wink, Brent, Allan, Jeremy, Blume, Tea, Kim (shiro/Brutus), Jordan, Andrei, Christan, Lars, Nick, Scott, Rob, Craig, Dustin, and man the list can go on. Those folks aren't just nesbians to me, they are friends. We will all end up on the track together somehow, our region may be shut down but i won't turn my back on it.
I was looking forward to making some friendships through NESBA...I only got 1 weekend (BARBER) in before this announcement. FML :lol

Edit: I should add I'm following this a little more closely because I purchased 2 elite memberships, not just 1

denbsteph

How close to closing MW down did you purchase them?, One track day? NESBA ought to take care of those individuals who just came on board. Like Mr. Blanford said, not in theses exact words, This was a decision that was not decided with in a couple of days, this decision was based over a period of time. Sure would be interesting to see what he means for real, or was the statement just hogwash? Then again, I don't expect NESBA to come right out and say we began looking at closing down MW on October 12, 2011 and thats the date we will work with for some folks, then again if you can appeal to his Human nature and do some kind of secret deal behind close doors (you know like some super CIA secret agent shit) you might get all your money back. NESBA is waiting for this thread to cool down so they can make some real decisions, there is a lot of riders not happy with the poor decision that was made, I'm guessing.

rk97

I understand that people are upset, but the notion that anyone is "entitled" to a refund is simply wrong.

The membership purchased is still valid at any track day NESBA operates in 2012. The fact that Bob has even entertained the notion of prorated refunds is more than he's required to do. While I understand that the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, NESBA isn't being asked to do what they're obligated; they're being asked to go above and beyond that. In sub cases, you generally catch more flies with honey than vinegar.