MW Schedule

beac83

racer23;228367 wrote: I would like to thank all the great Control Riders and members that made Nesba Midwest a truly outstanding organization, and my family for the last 11 years.
I am proud to be associated with you all.

I will post more when I get my thoughts together.
We are all feeling sorrow, Fred.

Thank You and the MW CR staff for some of the best times of my life.

tofstfouru

What a joke

To all the CR's that helped me become a better rider thank you very much. To NESBA glad you care enough to sell out on your entire mid west base to EXPAND. What a f'ing joke!! Nice way to spit in the face of your loyal mid west riders. :confused: Disappointed would be a gross understatement on how I feel right now. Back stabbed would be a much more accurate discription. After posting a secondary email about EXPANDING after cancelling on the Mid West shows the lack of tact the organization has. Keep up the strong work.

JHerheim

geekmug;228359 wrote: Sadly, that is the sort of classy handling of a situation that I have come to expect from corporate NESBA. Sorry to see NESBA MW go, but I suppose it was a bit inevitable that the Northeast Sportbike Association would abandon us in tough times.
Now, Please excuse me as I'm new here. But, that is a rather Shitty thing to say. It would appear that NESBA simply cannot afford to run in the midwest because there are not enough customers to support it.

So who really abandon'd who? Were there customers that left?, and if so WHY? Something must have maybe been in process of turning around, or maybe needed to be turned around.

It would have been nice for NESBA give us a heads up that this was near if commitment and participation wouldn't improve. Canceling of the RA OCT date was writing on the wall.

I hope the SE region pulls the numbers it needs in these new venues to make up the difference from the few weekends we're told we could have had up here. I was really diggin' the Nesba experience for something different. Too bad it's out of my means to hit an event this year.

My guess is that STT and MotoVid will be even more flooded with the MW crew so maybe they will help to elevate the safety and ability at the other days they choose to attend. or not?

cooker1

I was hoping on some more excellent instruction to make it to A this year . I will probably do it with another org. or two but it wont be the same as this is where I started and this is where I want my bump to come from , then I know I truly deserved it by working hard and riding safe to the utmost of my ability !!!!!!!!!!!

eE jeremy

cooker1;228384 wrote: I was hoping on some more excellent instruction to make it to A this year . I will probably do it with another org. or two but it wont be the same as this is where I started and this is where I want my bump to come from , then I know I truly deserved it by working hard and riding safe to the utmost of my ability !!!!!!!!!!!
Note to self, warn other orgs about crazy dave.... ;)

iamnotgreg

denbsteph;228385 wrote: Is NESBA betting on the SE to pull it thru these tough economic times?
Seemed to me most of the days in the MW were either selling out or at least almost selling out.

beac83

Actually, attendance at 2010 MW events was very solid, with the exception of the very early April date and the mid-week Road America dates.

Guess I'm glad I didn't go ahead and order the GPX Pro. I certainly won't need it to turn laps with the other orgs around here.

Seems to me that the Track Day orgs are carving up the country geographically. Locally, STT seems to be taking over the territory, while NESBA gets the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast dominance. Fastrack and a few others seem to have the West locked up.

ERB68

beac83;228389 wrote: Actually, attendance at 2010 MW events was very solid, with the exception of the very early April date and the mid-week Road America dates.

Guess I'm glad I didn't go ahead and order the GPX Pro. I certainly won't need it with the other orgs around here.
I won't go that far.

That piece of gear could help you learn

Sorry this is happening

GBCBR

Note to Nesba: You are a great organization but unfortunately your planning and execution is wrong. Please do not schedule April or October dates at Road America if you decide to come back to the midwest. These dates will either have low turnout or the chance of bad weather or both. May thru August is best. And the last couple of years, as luck would have it there were a couple of dates at RA that had STT dates right next to it which split the turnout for both. Looks like STT won after loading up on Midwest dates last year.

Looks like I'll spend more time with my other hobbies.

mike27

I wouldn't say the midwest attendance was the issue. Seemed to me every event I was at was well attended. Not saying full or sold out but it looked pretty close. And of course weekday Road America dates would have poor attendance. It's in the middle of the week. This is a hobby for us and most people can't afford to take the time off of work to ride those days. Especially the people who work weekends and have to take those days off sometimes. The reason doesn't really matter now. It is what it is. I'm really gonna miss the Chili Cookoff weekend though.

Trent1098S

OK, hell. So this isn't just a sick joke. I didn't figure it was.

This is going to be one of *those* posts.

Damnit. I take one year off to heal up and the whole organization evaporates. What the hell?

Over the last year and a half, while I've been healing up, I've worn a NESBA shirt to work at least once a week. It's like a badge of honor, you know.. a reminder of humility when I'm arrogant, a reminder of immediacy to my current reality and remembrance to fallen riders, a reminder of overcoming odds, and pain. I look in the mirror and I know I'm honest with myself, about my abilities, and limits. I was able to become more of a human being, a better human being, than I was before I joined the organization and met all of the wonderful people. People that I sweated with, and cussed at, and laughed at, and laughed with, and shared in triumphs and failures. (Speaking of sharing Triumphs, I don't recommend occupying the same space with a moving one. Just sayin')

NESBA, as an organization, was a set of rules and a place that rented tracks and let us share the costs.

NESBA, as a family, was a hell of a lot more than that.

I sweated on the same baking hot July days as everyone else. I shivered with everyone else when it was 30 degrees at Road Atlanta and we nutted up and ran the track anyway. I drove overnight with friends to go to tracks a thousand miles away, I stayed up far too late, got up way too early. I played the rain game, the bump game, and the life and death game. I was hurt but not beat.

I shared camp fires, stories, parts, and paint with the best people on earth. I learned from the best, and I was part of the best.

I rocked on the good days.

I bitched on the hot days.

I worried on the wet days.

I bled on the bad days.

I cried on the worst days.

But every day.. every day I spent at the track, was time spent with family.

jason8887

So, some may think this cheesy, some not, but here it goes:
Nesba checked out on the mid central and I decided to stick with them and rode their dates the last two years, hoping that my participation would help. Turns out it hasn't. So.....
Who has a good list of tracks in the area along with the orgs that ride them?

Mid America Motorplex - council bluffs, ia - track addix
Motorsports Park Hastings - hastings, nebraska - track addix
Brainerd - Minnesota - I think they sponsor their own?
Iowa Speedway - Not serviced by anyone that I know of
Black Hawk Farms - South Belloit, IL - Motovid and Sportbike Track Time
Road America - Plymouth, WI - SportBike Track Time
Heartland Park - Topeka, KS - MCRA? whatever that is
AutoBahn - Sportbike Track Time?
Gingerman - Michigan - Sportbike Track Time
Putnam - Sportbike Track time
Graten - Sportbike Track Time

Seems like there's a couple around st. louis that I missed?

Derick

I had a credit for a day and just renewed my membership at the end of the season. I will be expecting a check in the mail

cooker1

jason8887;228416 wrote: So, some may think this cheesy, some not, but here it goes:
Nesba checked out on the mid central and I decided to stick with them and rode their dates the last two years, hoping that my participation would help. Turns out it hasn't. So.....
Who has a good list of tracks in the area along with the orgs that ride them?

Mid America Motorplex - council bluffs, ia - track addix
Motorsports Park Hastings - hastings, nebraska - track addix
Brainerd - Minnesota - I think they sponsor their own?
Iowa Speedway - Not serviced by anyone that I know of
Black Hawk Farms - South Belloit, IL - Motovid and Sportbike Track Time
Road America - Plymouth, WI - SportBike Track Time
Heartland Park - Topeka, KS - MCRA? whatever that is
AutoBahn - Sportbike Track Time?
Gingerman - Michigan - Sportbike Track Time
Putnam - Sportbike Track time
Graten - Sportbike Track Time

Seems like there's a couple around st. louis that I missed?
MCRA is midwest cafe racers assn they have a couple dates at heartland as well as putnam and at gateway in st louis I will probably ride a few dates with them as they are the closest for me but will also hit some STT and Motovid days and anyone else I can find !