MW Schedule

truckstop

some guy #2;228941 wrote: Um yeah, I'd make the trek for Road America for cheap TD's and a race. It's a lot of rushing at the MCRA events at Putnam but I like having the opportunity to race for $$$ :)

Kinda sucks that when I move up to WI all I'll get is one or 2 weekends at RA, racing and BHF, and the odd TD and BIR. I dunno if 15+ hour drives to Atlanta and Barber would be in the cards.
I wouldn't count on the ZARS Road America day being $150, unless their program is successful enough to lose some money. I would expect it to be closer to $200. Orgs don't charge that much because they want to, it's because Road America is ridiculously expensive to rent.

Where are you moving to? There are at least 4 other tracks that are under a 6 hour drive from Milwaukee. If you'll be further North, BIR will be a little easier to get to.

cooker1

BigCountry1125;228955 wrote: That is my biggest let down from this whole mess. I know I will still be riding with my NESBA family all season, but I was so close to that :a. That was the biggest thing I was looking forward to this season. That :a: means I made it into an elite group and I earned my way to the top.

Anyone can have a STT 'A' sticker, only few can have a NESBA 'A' because they earned it.
That is exactly how I feel was going for that A sticker because that meant I earned it !!!!!!

j_fuggin_t

then don't sign up for a STT event in the A group until your lapping the entire I group, simple..

Your not gonna have just the STT advanced group in advanced now, your going to have many of the fast guys from the MW in their advanced group now, are you going to be able to handle getting your grips blown off because hix or granznow fly's by you (the dicks still do it to me :D ) its a matter of being honest about your ability, STT has some fast guys too so keep that in mind, yea it may be a wide range but you have to ask yourself if your going to be in the back of the STT a group or the front BEFORE all the carry over riders come into play.

I'd really like to see a 4th group added but it likely wont happen

some guy #2

truckstop;228979 wrote: I wouldn't count on the ZARS Road America day being $150, unless their program is successful enough to lose some money. I would expect it to be closer to $200. Orgs don't charge that much because they want to, it's because Road America is ridiculously expensive to rent.

Where are you moving to? There are at least 4 other tracks that are under a 6 hour drive from Milwaukee. If you'll be further North, BIR will be a little easier to get to.
The Milwaukee area. I don't want to pay tolls with my trailer going to Grattan and Gingerman so what else is up that way??

nk140

some guy #2;228984 wrote: The Milwaukee area. I don't want to pay tolls with my trailer going to Grattan and Gingerman so what else is up that way??
Man up and put it in the back of your truck. You don't have that much stuff.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

alocker;228937 wrote: I'm assuming he meant Brainerd.

http://www.brainerdraceway.com/

Turn 1 does look pretty crazy.So does turn 2! They look very fast. I wouldn't mind trying this track.

cooker1;228981 wrote:
That is exactly how I feel was going for that A sticker because that meant I earned it !!!!!!
Yea the feeling is great when you get that bump. Really cool when it comes from Ron Hix!! :D

some guy #2

nk140;228991 wrote: He has to be able to finish to show me what's up as well.:haha:
j_fuggin_t;228990 wrote:
you should be doing that anyhow, Mr. Cheater Liter :popcorn:
Oh man, the double whammy!

All I need is a bigger endurance tank...yeah...so it holds....like....6 gallons of gas!

truckstop

some guy #2;228984 wrote: The Milwaukee area. I don't want to pay tolls with my trailer going to Grattan and Gingerman so what else is up that way??
After spending close to $300 in tolls going to Autobahn and Grattan one summer, we figured out routes that cost $0 in tolls. :D
They don't add that much time depending on when you're traveling through the city. Timing is key.

Basically you take I94 south to the border, and then hop on Hwy 41 until it merges back into I94 through the city. Then from there it's either I55 to Joliet or I80 to go to Michigan.

ERB68

truckstop;228996 wrote: After spending close to $300 in tolls going to Autobahn and Grattan one summer, we figured out routes that cost $0 in tolls. :D
They don't add that much time depending on when you're traveling through the city. Timing is key.

Basically you take I94 south to the border, and then hop on Hwy 41 until it merges back into I94 through the city. Then from there it's either I55 to Joliet or I80 to go to Michigan.
There is always the hi-speed catamaran fairy boat....

cooker1

j_fuggin_t;228982 wrote: then don't sign up for a STT event in the A group until your lapping the entire I group, simple..

Your not gonna have just the STT advanced group in advanced now, your going to have many of the fast guys from the MW in their advanced group now, are you going to be able to handle getting your grips blown off because hix or granznow fly's by you (the dicks still do it to me :D ) its a matter of being honest about your ability, STT has some fast guys too so keep that in mind, yea it may be a wide range but you have to ask yourself if your going to be in the back of the STT a group or the front BEFORE all the carry over riders come into play.

I'd really like to see a 4th group added but it likely wont happen
I'm always gonna be at the back of A on an SV !

j_fuggin_t

cooker1;229004 wrote: I'm always gonna be at the back of A on an SV !
With that mentality yes... there are alot of 1k's out there but guys like dean jordan, granznow all kick their asses on 600's. Don't go in with an excuse already

some guy #2

truckstop;228996 wrote: After spending close to $300 in tolls going to Autobahn and Grattan one summer, we figured out routes that cost $0 in tolls. :D

Hmmm. Are there stop lights on 41?

truckstop

some guy #2;229006 wrote: Hmmm. Are there stop lights on 41?
Yeah, it's a little more hassle, but worth it to us to not have to pay tolls. Actual distance is shorter, but it adds 15-20 minutes to the trip. Pick the wrong time of day though, and I94 can be a mess. It once took me 5 hours to get home on a Monday morning. Dumb. Totally should have just paid the tolls.

cooker1

j_fuggin_t;229005 wrote: With that mentality yes... there are alot of 1k's out there but guys like dean jordan, granznow all kick their asses on 600's. Don't go in with an excuse already
Geez JT I was just kiddin I love smokin those litre bikes in I ! I think I passed all but a couple guys last time at ACC and even lapped a few !

NickMcCoy

truckstop;228979 wrote: I wouldn't count on the ZARS Road America day being $150, unless their program is successful enough to lose some money. I would expect it to be closer to $200. Orgs don't charge that much because they want to, it's because Road America is ridiculously expensive to rent.

Agreed, those prices were for BIR, I'm sure RA will be $200+.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz;228993 wrote:
So does turn 2! They look very fast. I wouldn't mind trying this track.
For those that aren't familiar with the track, it's a one mile straight down the drag strip between concrete walls which is fun, then turn one is banked and taken flat out by the fast guys (I've never been able to do it, I always puss out), then turn two is fifth gear, no banking, and taken at 130 or so by a decent rider. The rest of the track isn't anything special, pretty much short straights followed by 90 degree turns. The short course version removes the scary fast turn one and adds some more technical turns. Neither is among my favorite tracks, they reward balls way more than skill in my opinion, but still worth experiencing.