My trackday with SBTT Sunday...

mastermind

noobinacan;224021 wrote:
I sincerely hope and wish that you will consider changing the one rule;
-No first time sign-up into A
-To evaluate riders for bump into 'A' group. Also, to clean up the current A group. As a pilot program in south east ?
like said before, self evaluation and Ego will always make people call themselves 'A' vs earning 'A'.

you'll see that people who are running the pace, will have no problem with that rule change.
anyone who cries and whines goes on top of the list for evaluation. haha

just my 2 cents :)
That's actually an excellent idea, thank you.

t

ridelater

mastermind;224011 wrote: Excuse me? That is an ABSOLUTE bullshit LIE sir. This was NEVER said during the rider's meeting. F*ck you.

Nealy Bayly was there with a crew from SPEED... what they were doing and what they were shooting I have no clue about... but that's their business. I did not mention them during the rider's meeting at all. I did not mention anything about anyone doing any filming there during the rider's meeting.

You'd be best to stay away from me face-to-face... I don't appreciate liars.

t

let me start off by saying i'm bored! and this is the most excitement i will see today

:wow: as a representative of any company/org. one should never lose their cool. regardless of what a customer/antagonist says you don't step down to there level regardless of who is right or wrong in this situation. Now as a possible customer reading this post i had to say something on this matter. your comment in my opinion makes your org. look childish and unprofessional. seriously as a director of sbtt you comment on an open forum with a possible threat to the customer of "You'd be best to stay away from me face-to-face...
. you know there a pm option or email.

sorry this posted needed basic busness 101.

:popcorn:.....my only hope is this post added some fuel to this fire.....:popcorn:

this is what happen when the riding season is over!!

mastermind

I apologize for losing my composure. When someone posts something that I did not at all say at a rider's meeting, it got my blood boiling. I am fine with discussing these things, but it would be nice if we could stick to the truth.

t

bodell

mastermind;224027 wrote: I apologize for losing my composure. When someone posts something that I did not at all say at a rider's meeting, it got my blood boiling. I am fine with discussing these things, but it would be nice if we could stick to the truth.

t
It was also said that the filming would continue at the Barber event.

May be I was reading your mind. I suppose you could have been speaking only to me telepathically.

mastermind

bodell;224032 wrote: It was also said that the filming would continue at the Barber event.

May be I was reading your mind. I suppose you could have been speaking only to me telepathically.
Did I say this? I honestly don't think I did. Did the photographer say it?

I'm pretty bad at the telepathic communication... so I don't think that's it.

t

bodell

mastermind;224034 wrote: Did I say this? I honestly don't think I did. Did the photographer say it?

I'm pretty bad at the telepathic communication... so I don't think that's it.

t
I called two of my buddies who were there with me to make sure I was not sticking my foot in my mouth.

Not that it hasnt been there before...

This thread was intended to be a funny poke at a bad weekend. It developed to this, but if the A procedure gets looked at because of it, I think it was worth it.

steve p

bodell;224035 wrote:
This thread was intended to be a funny poke at a bad weekend. It developed to this, but if the A procedure gets looked at because of it, I think it was worth it.
Bodell, nothing funny about people leaving in a heli, shows even less class hoping/insinuating someone may be next. For the record, NESBA hasn't really had a banner year when it comes to transports, both by ground and by air.

bodell

steve p;224037 wrote: Bodell, nothing funny about people leaving in a heli, shows even less class hoping/insinuating someone may be next. For the record, NESBA hasn't really had a banner year when it comes to transports, both by ground and by air.
There were no helicopter jokes.
It was a play on the human centipede.

The helicopter reference was a response to being threatened, and had nothing to do with motorcycles.

May be work on your reading comprehension before calling me low class.

mastermind

I don't get a helicopter ride now? Damn.... was looking forward to that.

It has been brought to my attention that it was our photographer that brought up the filming and made the "put on a show" remark. This makes sense to me, as again, I never said anything about anyone filming.

Still, if I'm going to allow people to stand up in my rider's meeting, it's my responsibility for what they say.

t

bodell

mastermind;224041 wrote: I don't get a helicopter ride now? Damn.... was looking forward to that.

It has been brought to my attention that it was our photographer that brought up the filming and made the "put on a show" remark. This makes sense to me, as again, I never said anything about anyone filming.

Still, if I'm going to allow people to stand up in my rider's meeting, it's my responsibility for what they say.

t
Good enough for me. I apologize for naming you as the one who said it.

mete basakinci

Sbtt

I just signed up with them for barber advance group. Lasttime i rode with them at Pocono . I had swore to myself never again.
I have never done barber got excited and signed up . now having second thoughts for sure.

Gorecki

mete basakinci;224050 wrote: I just signed up with them for barber advance group. Lasttime i rode with them at Pocono . I had swore to myself never again.
I have never done barber got excited and signed up . now having second thoughts for sure.
Well, the best thing that you can do is protect yourself and your interests. Keep your eyes and ears open and if ANYTHING seems dicey, pull out! Get back what you can (if anything) and call it a day! Better safe than sorry, who knows, might end up being a great day! ;)

j_fuggin_t

Gorecki;224055 wrote: Well, the best thing that you can do is protect yourself and your interests. Keep your eyes and ears open and if ANYTHING seems dicey, pull out! Get back what you can (if anything) and call it a day! Better safe than sorry, who knows, might end up being a great day! ;)
:haha: haha thats what she said

mastermind

mete basakinci;224050 wrote: I just signed up with them for barber advance group. Lasttime i rode with them at Pocono . I had swore to myself never again.
If you feel your weekend isn't up to expectations (in terms of the way we run the day - weather or you not feeling good, or your bike not working doesn't count!) come see me after a session or two and I will refund your money.

We'll probably be pretty light in A group this weekend, so it shouldn't be an issue.

t

Gorecki

j_fuggin_t;224056 wrote: :haha: haha thats what she said
Why, oh why did I know that one was gonna get a come back by YOU! :D

We apologize for this thread interruption, please resume your regularly scheduled dialog already in progress.

ERB68

mastermind;224057 wrote: If you feel your weekend isn't up to expectations (in terms of the way we run the day - weather or you not feeling good, or your bike not working doesn't count!) come see me after a session or two and I will refund your money.
t
Can't ask for more than that. Heck of an offer Trev.

Readfast

I want to jump in here and say a few things.

1. Trevor told everyone in the morning meeting, repeatedly, "The Track is GREEN!, it has rained during the week and no one has been on the track since and the weather is COLD, THE Track is GREEN!" I listened and decided to skip the 1st session. I went out during the 2nd session and took my time. I can't help it and STT can't help it, if some of the people didn't listen or just thought he was blowing smoke up there ass! Personally, I think a lot of people show up to the morning meeting and are in some kind of daze or think they don't need to listen, because they have been in a few riders meetings and it's always the same info.

2. Trevor pulled everyone in at lunch time and had an additional riders meeting. I believe, that he and the organization did all the could do to try to calm things down for the afternoon sessions. Which, I believe helped along with the sun coming out and warming the track up. We didn't have as many crashes in the afternoon!

3. The last crash of the day, which unfortunately resulted in the helicopter being called in. Was rider error! I saw the go pro footage from the rider that was right behind him. The rider got on to the gas too hard in the middle of turn 14, which caused the bike to break loose and get sideways before high siding. Everyone makes mistakes and needs to own them when they do. We can't blame the organization that is putting on the event for every crash. IT COMES DOWN TO US!!!!

4. Now it's my time to RANT. I do agree that STT needs to re-evaluate its policy for riders self established grouping. I ride in "I" and I will say that even in the "I" there were people that probably should have been in "N". I have never had to pass so many other riders per session. I even passed more than a few people twice in one session. Saying that, I know that I'm not an "A" rider. I'm also not the fastest "I" rider, there are guys out there that make me look and feel slow! I will say, that I have ridden with STT before and it was not like this! For some reason this weekend was different? I enjoy riding with both groups and will continue to ride with both!

Trevor, I just want to say Thank You!
I think you do a great job!
Hopefully I will see you at Barber this weekend!

John, I want to Thank You Also,
You put on a great and safe track day!
I will see you next season!

sheepofblue

j_fuggin_t;223888 wrote: Well said JRA.
:agree: factors like a 30 degree track temp in the morning matter, as does the number of riders that are not familiar with the track, first track day of the year, last track day of the year, etc. There is a ton of factors that can affect the number of crashes including random chance.