N2 track day inspection question

Salvio

hello,

I am new this year to coming out to the track days and i signed up for my first event at Pitt raceway coming up here on April 29th. Unfortunately my bike took a spill and I slid damaging the side, everything is fixed except the front and rear cowl fairings, they have some cracks in them and I’m waiting on bmw to ship my parts. I don’t think they will be here in time. Currently I have the cracks zip tied together, will this effect passing an inspection??

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Salvio, welcome! A few things. First of all - no worries - you're in good shape. Zip ties are fine on those fairings. So long as the plastics are "secure" and aren't at risk of flying off on the track, it's not even remotely an issue. You'll find that a LOT of track bikes have some pretty beat up bodywork!

Second, the 29th at PittRace is being run by our Partner, Evolve GT. Evolve and N2 are partner organizations, however each runs their events just a little different. Not a big deal at all - you will enjoy yourself in either case.

Third, some of us N2 control riders will be at PittRace on Saturday the 29th with Evolve - just riding. We're then leaving Saturday evening to head for Summit Point, where N2 will be running on Sunday and Monday. Please feel free to stop up and say hi! Just look for the tall flagpoles at the top of the hill by the Event Center. We try to setup our pit up there. We're actually Pittsburgh locals, so we'll be there relatively early Friday evening and then most of the day Saturday. If you have any questions we'd be happy to help you out.

Lastly, to prepare you should take a look at the riders manual, which you can find at https://www.n2td.org/manuals-and-forms/ . Now, keep in mind that as I said, the event at PittRace on the 29th will be run by Evolve, so the manual will not reflect specific rules at that event - however it will give you some great insight into what to expect, and how things go.

Hope to see you there!

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Welcome. I hope your ready to get addicted. You'll be looking for another hit of the track-pipe in no time.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Salvio, welcome to the most fun you can have on 2 wheels, legally.

As grandpa mentioned, some of us N2 control riders will be staying at Pitt for both days. I will be one of those. Feel free to stop by and chat. We are always available to take questions. I am in a black single axle trailer, blue Nissan Titan, and have a mint green GSXR750. It's hard to miss. At any time during the weekend, please, feel free to stop by and chat.