need helppppp!!!!!

borislav

Control Rider
jorge1812;244720 wrote: buying a 2008 750. im still deciding on which slip on to go with. two brothers or Jardine GP1. I Want something real loud but with a nice low growl as well. which one should i go with?
Nither!!!

Hambone

Don't some of these tracks now have noise limits?

Anyway, I would ride what's on there until it was all crashed up. Then replace it with a full system. It's probably best to spend all that noise money on seat time, gasoline and tires. You'll be wearing earplugs and won't really hear it anyway.

okayh

ericlouie1;244811 wrote: F that noise, I got an adjustable powerband and a chrome tip.
4-way electronically controlled red powerbands should be available late September if the OP can hold out. Adjust the powerband on the fly with the controller, a slim 6" chrome cylinder that is placed in the middle of the rider seat.

Make sure you get red for the track, it is the race version. The blue version has all the cali emissions crap.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
jorge1812;244825 wrote: eh, i dont think i need ear plugs. im a former Marine Tank Gunner. i dont think my hearing can get any worse lol.
All the more reason to wear them - to protect what you have left. Plus, I find I can focus better with them.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Take the $400 you'll spend on the slipon and put it in a coffee can.

Save until you can take the Yamaha Champions Rider School so you learn proper riding technique.

Or use it towards some track time with us.

A little piping with some baffling is a waste.

If you want some power enhancement, a full system with proper tuning is a more worthwhile solution.
But, that's 1000 or more for the exhaust..at least 350 for the FI piggyback system, and 300ish for the dyno time..which is 2,000ish for maybe 10 horsepower and hopefully a linear power curve. A full system's headers are generally larger in diameter than stock bike headers and thus less restrictive. This is why full systems make more power than just a half exhaust. But, I'm sure the half-systems are highly profitable to the companies that sell them.

Loud is not going to accomplish anything but annoy people and draw attention (police) to you. All the Harley jokers that think their straight pipes save lives should ride with me in my Honda Pilot..sound is directional..when they're behind me..in any potential danger..I hear my radio. Hardly a sound from the Harley...until it's actually in front of me...THEN I hear it.

For the same money you'd have a full Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit in the front and a TTX shock in the rear.

For the same money you have a set of leathers, boots, gloves, and 10 track days with us.

For the same money you have YCRS.

The last "For the same money" options, give you a LOT more ability and confidence with your machine than 10 horsepower ever will.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Ruhe52;245236 wrote: DZUM awesome points but here's the real show stopper 100 Lap dances!!!!!!
To hell with the exhaust...LAP DANCES!!!!!!!

I LIKE IT!!!!!!

booboo1

What they say. I have a stock 04 600rr. Just dropped a grand in suspension upgrades. dropped 2.5 seconds a lap. Same track 4 weeks later. Plus I'm stealth:p You won't know when I'm passing you