Nelson Ledges 6/20

Jeff H

IN!! Finially....first time out this season....please be kind!!

If anyone from 'cuse wants a ride let me know, I have room.

avizpls

#11-A
I'll be there for Sunday...first time on a bike at this track, many laps in cars. Hows the surface treat bikes?

rk97

avizpls;61560 wrote: I'll be there for Sunday...first time on a bike at this track, many laps in cars. Hows the surface treat bikes?
well, you'll never run out of reference points.

in all honesty, it's not awful at a trackday pace. I don't know that I'd like to race there though.

The track surface has more grip than it looks like, but it does look pretty bad in places. The run-off is a bigger concern than the track, IMO. The track is bumpy, but the race line is definitely rideable.

I didn't run a timer last time I was there, but i must have started the day lapping around 1:30. As my confidence in the surface came around, I must have knocked 10 seconds off that. keep it pinned through the kink! (nevermind the dip...)

1:10's are pretty fast for that track. "A" pace for sure.

rk97

just keep it pinned and trust the bike.

I got some fantastic CR tows last time I was at Nelson, and I was rolling through that kink WOT in 6th on the F2. that's probably only 135 or so because of the way I had it geared, but guys much faster than me were seeing 160 indicated.

I think the worst thing you can do is brake through there and put more weight onto the front wheel.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Definitely do not brake in it. Before or after you can but make sure you stay loose on the bars and hard on the throttle. Expert racers are winning races at the 1.07-1.09 range and novices are very close behind. As far as quick lap times it's a lot like the Beav were the fastest novices and experts are within 1-3 seconds of each other