Nelson Ledges 6/20

avizpls

#11-A
rk97;61606 wrote: that's probably only 135 or so because of the way I had it geared, but guys much faster than me were seeing 160 indicated. .
my OTHER big concern (there were only these two) Im not going to have a very high end speed...120 or so max on my bike. I know thru the carosel and then down the back straight thru the kink it can get really fast. I dont want to piss anyone off. I hope Im wrong, but Im beginning to worry Nelson isnt the right track for me and my bike. I'll be there though, hopefully not holding everyone up. I dont think that I did at all at beaver.

rk97

I was taking the carousel in 3rd, and shifting to 4th on the way out. that's probably ~100mph through the bulk of the turn. I think turn 1 is actually faster. I stayed in 4th for it.

The back straight is an easy place to overtake, so don't worry about topping out at 120.

the CR's will just be VERY clear about getting your passing done BEFORE the kink, or on the brakes after it.

as intimidating as Neslon can be, it's a super fun track. I'm endlessly depressed that I can't make it in June. September will be booked months in advance :)

Dave561

Control Rider
avizpls;61609 wrote: my OTHER big concern (there were only these two) Im not going to have a very high end speed...120 or so max on my bike. I know thru the carosel and then down the back straight thru the kink it can get really fast. I dont want to piss anyone off. I hope Im wrong, but Im beginning to worry Nelson isnt the right track for me and my bike. I'll be there though, hopefully not holding everyone up. I dont think that I did at all at beaver.
Just remember to stay on the race line. If the end of a straight is a left, stay right and if it's a right, stay to the left. Too often I'm seeing everyone running where ever down the straights. Even if your top speeds are slower, running off line is not the answer. Another rider may set up a pass and if you swerve across the track to get back on line approaching the turn it can have very bad consequences for both of you. If your not passing or working with a CR, stay on the line.

p.s. not directed towards you specifically, but something for everyone to keep in mind

avizpls

#11-A
slow_honda;61616 wrote: p.s. not directed towards you specifically, but something for everyone to keep in mind
I understand. My best place for passing was on the back straight of beaver. I noticed this a lot there, and it made it hard for me to be confident in passing since I was half ready for a "lane change" at any time.

It'll be fun, I know that. I'm not going to make the mistake I made at beaver: "I've done this a thousand times in a car. I GOT THIS"

kd83

slow_honda;61616 wrote: Just remember to stay on the race line. If the end of a straight is a left, stay right and if it's a right, stay to the left. Too often I'm seeing everyone running where ever down the straights. Even if your top speeds are slower, running off line is not the answer. Another rider may set up a pass and if you swerve across the track to get back on line approaching the turn it can have very bad consequences for both of you. If your not passing or working with a CR, stay on the line.

p.s. not directed towards you specifically, but something for everyone to keep in mind
:congrats:

condon66

I'm there. Trying out a set of 002 sticky-buns. I ran 016's at Beaver and they seemed fine till I started getting into the 08's & 07's. Seemed like the rear started to protest a little and I had a moment that got my but off the seat exiting T4. Maybe it was just a rookie thing but they were kinda worn though. Anybody here ever go from 016's to 002's? What's different in comparison?

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
The Syracuse Crew will be there and looking forward to seeing everyone!! Come on all you people second guessing coming out to ride......Throw that bike on the trailer and come out and play!! We always have a blast here and the evening hours are always GREAT!! I will have the Fire pit roaring!!

xn85turbo

Control Rider
Nelson is very fast and just as fun. The night life is just as good as going out for a night on the town.

rk97

It's such a small paddock, you can't help but be social.

Think exact opposite of NJMP's paddock.

And bring shower shoes.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I'll be there Friday with the "tenement on wheels". I understand there is no power so I'm hoping for cool nights. First time out this year and first time at NL so I'll be in the right side lane for sure!:D

Motofun352

Control Rider
I'm going for Sat and Sun and taking the camper. I understand NOT to take the rig over the bridge, that means riding over the track on some sort of cross-over road, as I understand it. My problem is I have to be back to work at 05:00 on Monday and it takes me about 7 hrs to drive home. Long story short (too late, I know), but I was gonna skip the last session to get a jump on the drive. Can you get out of Nelson Ledges when sessions are still going on, or must you wait until the very end?