Nesba compared to STT

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Lenny ZX9R;36591 wrote: Just remember one thing, we're here for you! Thanks for the props Kyle!:cheers: I'm just one of the folks who do the Body Position Class. Buck, and the other CRs do a great job of explaining the how and whys of how you should be on the bike!
:cheers: Hi Lenny!

I prefer NESBA's structure compared to STT, but that's just me! PJ stated it well! :agree:

GoodKnight

I'm also a fairly solid I rider with nesba. Tried riding in STT's I group and felt like i was back in nesba's B group.

I'd have no problem signing up with STT's A group. Was pretty shocked to see anyone could go directly to A with them.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
1:50-1:52 range at Barber got me bumped to I group at the last event in 2007 on my old GSXR1000. Moved "down" to a 600 and got into the 1:46's this past November down there.

I'd say sign up in B group, get a feel for the NESBA culture and environment. After a session or three, line up in the left line in the front, which means going out when the announcer gives first call for B group and ask to be evaluated. If you're running in the low 1:50's and showing the kind of passing courtesy and look comfortable at that pace, maybe the Control Rider Captain (usually the first one out) will think you're ready and move you to Intermediate group.

Doesn't matter really what group you're in..it's all about having fun. Moving up just means you have fun a little faster.