New Dunlop Slicks! Any info on em?

speedster_chris

If you're in the Southeast, I'd get them from Performance Cycleworx at the track. The USA slicks are supposed to be pretty good (in all categories).

dbakerpa

NTECs stick like crazy and wear at least 30-50% better than the Pirellis. I got a pair of spec UK NTECS for my SV and they lasted all year. They definitely wont last that long on a 600 or 1K bike but those guys are still getting the increased wear out of them.

DUNLOP-RTS

HunterHughes;236591 wrote: http://stores.racetireservice.com/-strse-35/REAR-KR108-KR449-SLICK/Detail.bok

Not a bad price, i want them but dont want to buy without knowing life, grip and etc... Anybody heard anything about them?
They won some races and track records

Click for report: Jake Holden
Click for report: BEI Racing

The 190/55 in the 5436 compound last a good while and is very grippy.

If you have a big bike the 200/55 is the way to go. 5436 is the compound to run at track days. We have something coming in 6 weeks that will last much longer, so stay tuned.

DUNLOP-RTS

dbakerpa;236969 wrote: Any change Dunlop will have NTECs in a 165 for the SV this year?
165/55 Slicks are available right NOW! No supply issue on those or the 160 DOT for SV's

Call to order.

DUNLOP-RTS

dbakerpa;236985 wrote: Are going to be at CMP CCS in April.
YEP! We will have a service truck at CMP for the CCS event.

We service EVERY CCS and WERA event, and most every other race event nationwide.

ZxRegg6r

I ran them at V.I.R. for 2 days last weekend. The grip is definitely there and confident inspiring. The wear was smooth like a babies butt frt and rear. Until I got aggressive. The rear showed where I was getting on the throttle hard ( Most likely my fault for not being smmooooth on the throttle). Took a pound out and smoother on the throt it started to clean up. V.I.R. is good on fronts from what i heard. Front was nice and smooth. Gonna try them @ NJMP Thunderbolt which is a harder on tires and see whats up. But as of now, I schemeing on ordering another set. Me like em.

Verdict still out on how many days I can get out of them. Guess depends on how on point your set-up is and how smoooth you are.
PS After a session in da pits. Putting warmers back on, tires feel REAL sticky and hott to the touch. Like dat.
Just my experience.

dbakerpa

I used them three days at CMP 4 at Summit and 4 at VIR. I still have a practice day or two left in them. CMP is a shredder for sure.

dbakerpa

HunterHughes;237242 wrote: On a rear??
Yeah man - I flipped it at VIR at the end of the season. I also had a bad valve and ran the edges almost all the way out trying to keep up. That rear took 12 top threes and 6 firsts. I will probably practice with it next week but wouldnt dare race on it again.

ZxRegg6r

Niiicccee!!! I wanted to know if da slicks was flippable. Thanx for da input which answered my question.

HaVoC

ZxRegg6r;237165 said:
Verdict still out on how many days I can get out of them. Guess depends on how on point your set-up is and how smoooth you are.
QUOTE]

how on point your setup and how smooth u are..LOL

When u get fast,tires dont last. Period!

dbakerpa

HaVoC;239195 wrote:
ZxRegg6r;237165 said:
QUOTE]

how on point your setup and how smooth u are..LOL

When u get fast,tires dont last. Period!
Thats correct. That is why they last on a supersport level SV. I had a wonky setup at CMP last weekend with too light of fork oil and I did wear the new fronts down on the edges pretty badly. Both point are very true.

HaVoC

Of course if u dont have a setup ya just pissing in the wind.My tuner takes care of my suspension.
I dont get days and wkends out of tires like u guys.. Sounds like a cheap class on the wallet.

ZxRegg6r

Daamn Son!! We all know that the faster you go, and the more aggressive you ride ya going to burn up tires. Especially at abrasive tracks like Thunderbolt and Lighting. I've been through tires in a day and weekends. May not be for YOU, but for some tire durabilty is a concern adding to their cost of doing Trackdays. We also know that you gotta pay to play. Just what it is. But the question was asked about grip and durabilty. Soooooo folks is just giving their experience running the tire according to the questions asked.

You can ride all out, get in deep, whack the throttle out spinning up tires. And be flying and moving. Damn that shit feel good. But your gonna pay in tire wear. Just that simple.

But..You also can learn more smooth throttle application and riding technique to perserve tire wear. IF thats your concern, and your in the cheap wallet class.

HaVoC

I dont try to preserve tire wear.I race and maybe do 1-2 trackdays a season just to get some seat time and get re acclimated.I wish my race wkends were cheap on the wallet.I race a 1 liter bike so My race wkend usually are $1,200
I can honestly say i do like the uk slicks a bit better than the usa..The usa are getting better and better but the diffrence between the 2 are about $150 and that add up after set after set..

ZxRegg6r

Maannnn... Once you mention that evil for 4 letter word "R.A.C.E." its over. Money wise! And ya racing a Big Girl "da 1k" at that. The cost on tires is a bit highier due to wear from da power. To race is this much $$$$$$$ to PLACE is this much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (when going with top dog tires eg. uk ntec and uk slicks). I wanna race more this season with trackdays. I know da Wallet is gonna scream but I'm covering my ears. Lol
Good Luck on Season and Rep NYC!!!! Q-boro!!