New from Afghanistan...

THastings777

trekuhl;225343 wrote: sweet deal. i just spent a month over at torkham... what fun. the crew motor chief there watns a r1 soooo bad just so he can go fast on the street i kept trying get him to come to the track :p
Yeah, it's weird for me, because like most people, I have ridden on the streets for a while now, always loved racing, cars and motorcycles. I've drag raced my cars for over 8 years, just on test and tune, never competitively, and got a taste of road racing one of my cars and instantly addicted, but costs so much more than motorcycles in my opinion.

But while I've been over here, I've ordered books and movies to help myself learn to be a better, faster and safer rider on the street and especially when I get on the track finally. I'm super competitive and always looking to learn and I have definentely learned a lot from the books and videos I've watched, now I'm ready to get home and apply all my new knowledge. I just think to my street riding prior to learning all that I've learned since being here, and realized how much faster and safer I could have been knowing what I know now. I was surprised to find out there was a lot I already knew and taught myself, but I never stop learning, there's always someone faster and better. Plus I also realized how much danger I was putting myself in at times on the street, I wasn't a complete idiot, I did it in the country with no one around, not that that justifies what I did, but thinking I had to prove myself on the street, well, that's dumb. But thankfully getting on the track isn't as hard or as expensive as I thought, for motorcycles at least in my opinion. So I'm really excited to get back, get on the track, learn more, and eventually start racing.

Back to what you said, if people REALLY want to go fast on their bikes, the track is where it needs to be done. I'm not innocent though, again, due to my competitive nature, I'm done some rather stupid things on the street, but no more. I'll still ride hard on the streets,, but not stupid like I've done, it's just in my nature to want to be up front of everyone, but I am wiser now and because of what I've learned, will pry end up riding faster with less effort and will have to catch myself and tone it down. That's ok though.

THastings777

justintime_3;225397 wrote: Welcome aboard and be ready for the addiction. I am currently stationed over here in Bagram. I am in the 455 EAMXS/C130 unit here. Stop by if u would like.
Thank you!!! I'm just south of Herat, main camp is BASTION/LEATHERNECK, but my unit supports the SOF guys and we stay on our tiny little Camp Calero inside Bastion Main. We will be leaving in late February, not sure if we'll go through Bagram, but if we do, I'll see if I can find ya, be nice to chat with someone with the same interests. Be safe!!!

crash6873

Thanks!

Thank you for your service and hope you get home soon! I just retired from the Marines my self and am going to try to get into the race scene myself for a couple of years (while I still can).

Look forward to seeing you on the track this summer!

dudette

welcome to nesba. thanks for your service. did 8 yrs than got out. hope to see you out there.
07cbr600rr "I"