New race shop in the works.....

meanstrk

Control Rider
I have been planning this for a few years. About 5 years ago, I managed to purchase some property directly behind my house when it because available. 2.66 acres to be precise. Wooded and uncut. My plan was always to use some of that area to build a shop. a nice shop. A REALLY nice shop. Something I could use for building cars, bikes, woodwork, use for my painting business, etc....

At the beginning of the year, I started saving funds for it............. Sold my cherished Subaru WRX Limited wagon. My around town beater Subaru Forester. Saved everything I could from painting, flipping bikes, cars, etc....... I knew this was not going to come cheap.

So, around April this year, I started clearing trees. And clearing trees. More trees, and then more.... Started looking at metal buildings and trying to figure out what was going to suit my needs. I did not want to go stick built since I wanted less maintenance.

Then my step father passed away, and my Mother, who lived in southern Florida, decided she wanted to move up to NC to be closer to me and my son, so then I was back to clearing trees again to create space to build a house for her, which put my plans on hold....

Well, once I got her space cleared and builder selected and her house in the works, I got back to being serious. I selected Renegade Steel Buildings as my building supplier. Got plans solidified. Started getting quotes for foundation guys for framing and concrete.

Here is the building plans. 40X60 with 14' height to allow for a 12' door at one end. One 12x10 door and one 10X10 oriented to one side which will be the primary access door for a full size paint booth. The building will be delivered December 15th

Approved%20Plans.jpg

I finally got a foundation guy that was not interested in robbing my bank account blind, and we got started on bringing in clay and getting everything ready.

Well, today the inspector passed my foundation, and we should see concrete getting poured next week, with the building assembly getting started in January. Paint booth delivery in Spring, and should be fully operational by late spring time!

image1%202.jpg

image2.jpg

This shot shows both the shop foundation area and Mom's house being built in the background area, so I guess you can see the shop will have it's own guardian on site.

15369995_1286552981388575_2564128059383231511_o.jpg

borislav

Control Rider
Awesome! My hat down to you for taking care of your mom, there is only one mom and dad but many forget that these days!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Congrats man! I have a plan to do this as well in the next few years.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I have a 40X80 pole barn with a shop inside. Also 14' high with 12' doors. Only thing I regret is not going 16"tall with 14' high doors. That way you can park anything inside as 13'6" is the standard height for RV's etc.

borislav

Control Rider
I have a 40X80 pole barn with a shop inside. Also 14' high with 12' doors. Only thing I regret is not going 16"tall with 14' high doors. That way you can park anything inside as 13'6" is the standard height for RV's etc.
Mounting 14' doors on 16" building would be not easy to say at least!:D

meanstrk

Control Rider
We are in a weather hold for concrete. They wanted to do it in the morning, Wed, but the next three nights are going to be freezing temps. Next week my concrete guy goes on vacation, so I imagine I will not see concrete until after the new year. We shall see.

Went to the bank today to get a cashier check for the residual amount owed for the building and tell the teller I need a check for $15,400. She preps it and asks me to review it and I am like, "Uh, the amount is suppose to be $15,400, not $154,000. That was an "Oh shit!" moment for her!

meanstrk

Control Rider
Building was delivered today. I have pieces and parts sitting in strategic places for when we are ready to assemble.

image1%204.jpg

image3_3.jpg

image2%201_1.jpg

Insulation stacked and ready to be covered well.

image4_4.jpg

meanstrk

Control Rider
7AM yesterday morning it started.....

Start%20pour.jpg

Still wet and waiting to start working the surface to polish it some.

Slab%20Wet%201.jpg

meanstrk

Control Rider
I am hoping to start getting some of the main support beams in place this weekend and then start working on the structure bit by bit. Typically, my calls for manpower seem to have gone unanswered so far which may impede progress. Last week the weather was absolutely not cooperating and I was not about to even attempt anything in the arctic chill.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
It's too bad you weren't farther along in early December. I would have totally came up to help. I didn't have much to do, no school or work for the past 5 weeks.