njmp configurations

PJZOCC624

any chance we can know what configuration will be run at the thunderbolt dates at njmp? i like the 2nd chicane but running both sucks imo. to the point so that i would not sign up for jersey if both (or even the first) chicanes are being used. i did a day with another org last year and they ran both. nesba used only the 2nd when i went with them. but it was not known until the riders meeting. .... just a thought.

Steve

I'm hoping for a weekend with the 2nd chicane one day and no chicanes the other. If you haven't tried it, it's like a wheelie vs. a jump for the little hill that's after T3?

PJZOCC624

Yeah, I dont THINK we will run the first one, but again, I'd like to know prior to showing up.

Hey Steve! Hope you had a great holiday season and happy new year!!! You planning on going to NJMP in April?

Geoff Doyer

We have no plans on running the first chicane at this time. Some like the 2nd chicane and some prefer no chicane. We would like to run the track in the same configuration that the AMA will run it but we don't yet know what they will use. There seems to be an awful lot of crashing there in the second chicane and that might influence the decision on what configuration to run in the future. I think by the end of the 09 we will have a consistent way to run the track but right now we are trying things out. I'd love to hear more opinions from the members on what they like best and why...

greytop

Geoff Doyer;31688 wrote: I'd love to hear more opinions from the members on what they like best and why...
that right der is good stuff....

appreciate you guys Geoff
:D

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I vote for one weekend with the second chicane, and another without chicanes.

toptaz1000rr

personally i loved that 2nd chicane... keeps you on your game... as opposed to balls out straight (towards the 'hill' ... then a monster hand full of brake lol

Matt H

It it were up to Morph, it would be a drag strip... :D

I like both configurations (with and without the second chicane), but prefer with the second chicane - it makes the track a little more technical and challenging, which I like. It's harder to get correct, but pushes me to be a better rider.

Morph

Control Rider
Ok seriously. The way I see it. The front part is balls out. The back part of the track is techincal. When you throw in the 2nd chincane that part of the track gets slow. I like a couple real high speed turns and the drastic elevation change puts your heart in your throat. Via Road Atl and Road America. Or Summits T9 and T3.

dale.b

I like both configurations (with second chicane, and without).

When we are running the chicane, I look forward to it every lap because it is so technical. A quick flip left, then a quick flip right and the turn opens up making me want to roll on the gas hard. I think that's one of the reasons there are so many crashes there - getting throttle happy while leaned over.

I don't think there is another chicane in the northeast like it. As long as people aren't being injured I'd love to continue riding it.

I'm with Top and Matt H and all the others who posted when I was writting this!

That second chicane is fun and technical.

However, I do like the idea of "no chicane" one day then "2nd chicane" the next, or vise versa.

And Hey Morph! Can't believe your dis'in the second chicane! After all the body postion seminars you do for us B-group members. That's more practice for smooth transitions.

BZ

Morph

Control Rider
Bubba Zanetti;31716 wrote: I'm with Top and Matt H and all the others who posted when I was writting this!

That second chicane is fun and technical.

However, I do like the idea of "no chicane" one day then "2nd chicane" the next, or vise versa.

And Hey Morph! Can't believe your dis'in the second chicane! After all the body postion seminars you do for us B-group members. That's more practice for smooth transitions.

BZ
Maybe it's becuase after running double sessions all day I could use a break. Or since I need a knee replacment. I'm trying to rest it more.

RyanITV

Admin
Morph;31752 wrote: Maybe it's becuase after running double session all day I could use a break. Or since I need a knee replacment I'm trying to rest it more.
Or the fact that you can't use all of your 1,000,000 horsepower through the chicane... :D

Ryan

Morph

Control Rider
RyanITV;31760 wrote: Or the fact that you can't use all of your 1,000,000 horsepower through the chicane... :D

Ryan
Hey I need to let her run open every once and again. And those damn turns are getting in the way!!!

AND

Where's my camo!!!!