Not good weekend

29duc

Let me first start off by saying Nesba is a good organization and I am thankful for them. I know we all take risk when we get out on the track and I except that but I think my wreck at Road A could have been avoided. Way too many people on track this weekend isnt there a cutt off number not much fun when you hardly can put in a few good laps. I believe flag guy on turn 3 should have waved red flag. First Intermediate session after lunch second lap bike in the middle of turn 3 yellow flag? I see bike put hand up getting closer to bike to go around and some knuckle head hits me. Red flag should have been shown at turn 1 dude that hit me what the F were you thinking man you just cost me the rest of the day riding, about $1,500 bucks and my foot is killin me. I know it was an accident but for any new riders on the track please be aware of your surroundings always be looking ahead. Again this is the risk we take when we get out there just needed to get this off my chest. In the end bike banged up foot banged up but I do thank God because it could have been a lot worse.

bodell

I have read your complaint and decided that this incident was definitely everyone else’s fault. I think we, as an organization, should all put up a dollar or two and buy this guy a new bike. We could also give him a few sessions alone on the track to make up for the lost time caused by the excessive congestion. Also, the negligent corner worker in question should definitely be fired and his replacement candidate should be better screened for competence before being given the position. Finally, I would personally like to do something about 29duc's pain and suffering. I hereby extend my offer to gently kiss all of his boo boos's. I will even blow on any scraped elbows and make it all better.

Until then see if you can figure out this puzzle...

Nashville is famous for _ _ _ _ ry Music.

GaBandit

bodell;184735 wrote: I have read your complaint and decided that this incident was definitely everyone else’s fault. I think we, as an organization, should all put up a dollar or two and buy this guy a new bike. We could also give him a few sessions alone on the track to make up for the lost time caused by the excessive congestion. Also, the negligent corner worker in question should definitely be fired and his replacement candidate should be better screened for competence before being given the position. Finally, I would personally like to do something about 29duc's pain and suffering. I hereby extend my offer to gently kiss all of his boo boos's. I will even blow on any scraped elbows and make it all better.

Until then see if you can figure out this puzzle...

Nashville is famous for _ _ _ _ ry Music.
that's just mean, funny, but mean.

Seriously, there was some dangerous riding by at least 1 control rider - I saw a CR almost take out 5 guys at turn 12. Who wiped at at turn 7?

Sorry you got into the mess 29duc. Heal up quick.

Teamck16

The biggest problem I had was with whoever had their head up their ass when they thought it was a good idea to put demo riders on the track with an intermediate group that was ALREADY FULL! I'm coming up turn one at 100mph when i see demo riders coming out of the pits at WALKING speed. I went and spoke to BOB and he said, "yea...that might not have been a good idea...DJ and I are working on it" THANKFULLY BOB fixed the problem by taking them off the track later in the day. LETS THINK PEOPLE! :banghead:

dbakerpa

1. Riding in traffic will make you better- you have to plan your ride, pass and actions. Like racing.
2. Waving yellow means there is a bike in the road. Red just means the session is over.
3. Raising your hand and chopping the throttle is not just yours but everyones recipe for disaster.

So the corner worker got it right . YOU got it wrong and the guy that hit you got boned by YOU. You should have stayed on the throttle and gone around him. Accident avoided.

With that said give me your pay pal # and I will send the other 50 cents. Honestly -nobody likes to get in a wreck but the first place to look is always in the mirror.

arhale09

I dunno, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but maybe the guy got his hand up and SLOWLY rolled off the throttle? If I saw a bike laying in the middle of a turn, I'd be signaling and slowing a bit...

People make mistakes and asspack and T-bone each other, and griping about it on the bbs won't solve anything, but he certainly wouldn't be the first guy to grumble about it.

Mikey75702

I wasn't in GA... but I have to agree with the above posts. We all take the risk of loading our bikes back on the trailer in buckets. Sorry to hear that you wrecked, xwnd hope that you and others are ok. Ultimately the wreck was due to the person behind you, as it is our responsibility to watch out for the rider in front of us. But there was probably something else you could do to avoid the problem. As others have said, if you raised your hand and chopped the throttle that would be an issue, or if you rolled off BEFORE raising your hand. But the worst thing you can do is to come on here raising a fit. If you felt something on the track was the cause, you should have told the director. Coming here did not make the rest of the day safer for the other members. /end rant

PJZOCC624

The way I understood the demo program was the demo rider rode in his/her assigned group. IE, an "I" rider on a demo bike is still an "I" rider already booked for that day. It shouldn't be an added spot into the group. Therefore, the rider's skills should be appropriate for the group that he is riding the demo bike in. His speed shouldn't be a factor, just as a newly bumped "I" rider would likely be one of the slower riders in that group. I understand being on a foreign bike and being cautious on it, but the rider should still have the appropriate skill for that level.

Now, if it's a "B" group rider on a demo bike in the "I" group, then that's a bad idea...

dbakerpa

arhale09;184749 wrote: I dunno, and I'm not trying to be argumentative, but maybe the guy got his hand up and SLOWLY rolled off the throttle? If I saw a bike laying in the middle of a turn, I'd be signaling and slowing a bit...

People make mistakes and asspack and T-bone each other, and griping about it on the bbs won't solve anything, but he certainly wouldn't be the first guy to grumble about it.
Very true- I may have assumed circumstances that didnt happen. I shall grant the benefit of the doubt on that point. I suppose if I was riding one of those pretty Ducs I would be ranting.

Still LOL Bodell

MDohn1234

I have to agree that it was waaayyy to many people on the track in the I group. DJ told me i should try and pit and wait for a gap. Well , it sucks paying 200 bucks to constantly have to pit to wait for a gap. I have done alot of trackdays over the years and have never experienced such a difficult day ( too many people on the track at one time ,period.) I met alot of people that were very disappointed in the I group because of this big f--- up. Maybe if it was thinned out a bit there wouldnt be as many unnecessary accidents. However, the day got better. A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that. But i feel pretty sure more events like this weekend WILL affect their business. I hope they get it together!!!!!!:

meganogin

MDohn1234;184784 wrote: I have to agree that it was waaayyy to many people on the track in the I group. DJ told me i should try and pit and wait for a gap. Well , it sucks paying 200 bucks to constantly have to pit to wait for a gap. I have done alot of trackdays over the years and have never experienced such a difficult day ( too many people on the track at one time ,period.) I met alot of people that were very disappointed in the I group because of this big f--- up. Maybe if it was thinned out a bit there wouldnt be as many unnecessary accidents. However, the day got better. A few of us guys said f--- it, " we are going to make SAFE passes on ANYONE and ANYWHERE and if we are asked to leave , who cares" we had fun after that. But i feel pretty sure more events like this weekend WILL affect their business. I hope they get it together!!!!!!:
Go run STT, you would be well within their rules and any difference of opinion would be avoided.

Many good and bad points here. I chose to exit the track when I thought a collision was imminent. Cost me the rest of my day, a seperated shoulder and few bits for the bike, but I contained the issue. No one else suffered. We all say" this is a track day, not a race day". Maybe there should be hard fast rule that if you hit someone else, you're out. Dunno. I haven't been on the track long enough to have an opinion that carries any weight. Overcrowding is not a good thing. Oh, and I believe the OP was referring to a into rider (noob on the track for a look-see), and not a demo bike rider. Am I correct?

shaugdog

I wonder if the grids were overfilled to generate some cash? I know STT used to do this, I hope Nesba dosen't start. I don't care what the economy or org's finacial situation, sacrificing safety for cash is never a good thing.

bodell

tissues.jpg

Take one and pass it down...

shaugdog

Hey bodell, I've never met you, and I know you're the super cool Bioweapon guy, but try acting like an adult. Or at least take your sig down so people don't affiliate an asshole with your company.

dbakerpa

I had a day last year with close to 50 in the I group at VIR South. I was stuck in a few corners but it did force me to make some good choices as well as riding while thinking of corner drive and passing points. If you set up 20-30 bikes in a track day you get better at late braking and changing your lines. If you always run a clean track you will only be good at running a clean track.
If someone is clearly a hazard on a day like that however-unpredictable or creating safety issues- they should go. That is what the CRs are for. Even on a busy day I would bet you cant tell them too much that they didnt catch a hint at at some point.
I still wouldnt want that # on the track every track day. Good suggestion would be to try racing. The grids are small and racer practice days are cheap.