Not good weekend

fitz

rk97;186284 wrote: I actually applaud NESBA for giving riders what they NEED instead of what they WANT.
I suppose that's true, they would know better than we do being that they have seen it all and that's why they made such rules.

But like you rk I've ridden with Motoseries where they have no passing rules and I didn't find it to be THAT big of a deal, actually it was a blast. It only takes one squidwannaberacerdickhead to ruin it all I suppose.

fitz

steve hale

Sponsors of Nesba

So, I could use a little clairification... On the Sponsor page there are outstanding companies represented... Bioweapon Fuel States "It turns Chickens into champions!" on our sponsor page... Yet Brad Stated that (4-27-11) "1. Bioweapon is for hardcore badasses who corner low and don't take shit off of whiney bitches" I am not a badass, but I want badly to be a champion... Nesba, can we get some clarification from our vendors please? Does it turn Chickens to champions or must you already be a "badass that corners low" to use the stuff? :D

All in good fun...

rk97

fitz;186293 wrote: I suppose that's true, they would know better than we do being that they have seen it all and that's why they made such rules.

But like you rk I've ridden with Motoseries where they have no passing rules and I didn't find it to be THAT big of a deal, actually it was a blast. It only takes one squidwannaberacerdickhead to ruin it all I suppose.

fitz
I think the most important thing is laying out the rules clear as day before anyone registers so that their expectations are set appropriately. Then enforcement of the rules ensures that the event is in line with what was promised.

You're not going to hear me speak a bad word about MotoSeries, but they are completely different than NESBA when it comes to their approach to teaching, and the quality of their coaching. Especially in the beginner classes, the skill level of NESBA's control riders far exceeds that of those coaching novice with MotoSeries. That's not a slam on the people coaching MotoSeries; I'm friends with some of them, it's just a cold hard fact.

Like you said, riding with MotoSeries can be a blast, but I know they are not going to teach me as much, or control the riders quite as much. It's a little more wild-west. Tons of fun, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

bodell

steve hale;186303 wrote: So, I could use a little clairification... On the Sponsor page there are outstanding companies represented... Bioweapon Fuel States "It turns Chickens into champions!" on our sponsor page... Yet Brad Stated that (4-27-11) "1. Bioweapon is for hardcore badasses who corner low and don't take shit off of whiney bitches" I am not a badass, but I want badly to be a champion... Nesba, can we get some clarification from our vendors please? Does it turn Chickens to champions or must you already be a "badass that corners low" to use the stuff? :D

All in good fun...
Steve, you are the wrong kind of chicken.

Check our rooster, err, I mean roster. There is no place for you there. However, I do have a cock for you though.

dave433

bodell;186367 wrote: Steve, you are the wrong kind of chicken.

Check our rooster, err, I mean roster. There is no place for you there. However, I do have a cock for you though.
Subscribed :popcorn:

meganogin

rk97;186284 wrote: I actually applaud NESBA for giving riders what they NEED instead of what they WANT.

Not sure if it was Fred or Todd who explained this to me, but the NESBA passing rules are designed to limit the number of skills you're working on, and force you to focus on 1 kind of pass at a time.

Obviously in "B" group, there are a thousand things for a new rider to learn, but once you're proficient at riding a race line, it boils down to "learn to effectively pass on the brakes."

In "I" group, you've already gotten pretty good at passing on the brakes, and then you get the extra option to learn how to pass on the outside
. I have learned almost as much from being passed on the outside as I have by passing others. There are places I wasn't using the whole track, and I never knew it until someone came around me.

Anyone in "A" will certainly tell you that being bumped into that group definitely doesn't mean you're done learning and improving, and; while I can't speak from experience here, I'm sure there are similar situations in "A" that I've experienced in "I," where riders new to that group are thinking, "damn... I never would have thought there was enough room for someone to pass me on the inside in that turn."

I appreciate the "I" rules because I decide when to put myself at greater risk. Someone else's lowside is only my problem if I put myself in a position to make it my problem. I appreciate that.
Every A session so far has been a 8 hour SED compressed into a 20 min lesson!!! It is AWSOME :wow:

steve hale

bodell;186367 wrote: Steve, you are the wrong kind of chicken.

Brad, sounds like you have your hands full of cock already. I cant take any, I own a Chia-pet.

Gorecki

meganogin;186378 wrote: Every A session so far has been a 8 hour SED compressed into a 20 min lesson!!! It is AWSOME :wow:
Wow Dennis, that description made it sound really cool! Good encouragement to push forward. Granted I'll likely be over 50 by time I get there but still encouraging! :cool:

bodell

no-country-brain.jpg

bodell

steve hale;186400 wrote: Man, I heard the going rate was like $1 for you to hold some cock. Your making more these days?
Just come introduce yourself. I will hook you up.