NYST July 2nd and 3rd, Who's going?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Looking like it will be my first trip there too.
Anyone know about camping?
If I make it I look forward to you passing me and seeing it in your vids!

I hear they don't have power or it's more limited than Beaver. I plan to run the toy hauler genny for hot water and AC and bring a Yamaha for warmers.

rhill

If I make it I look forward to you passing me and seeing it in your vids!

I hear they don't have power or it's more limited than Beaver. I plan to run the toy hauler genny for hot water and AC and bring a Yamaha for warmers.

lol I doubt I'll be passing anybody, I tend to be a slow learner when it comes to new tracks....maybe start figuring things out Sunday afternoon. I'll be getting video the whole time like always, hell if you want some video find me and we will go out for a session.

If they let me throw out a tent and camp at the track I'll be happy; just saw on the website they linked to a nearby campsite, so I was curious if they allow camping on site.

Rick Crespo

I've been going there since they opened and camping is fine. Tents are allowed, the only issue is that the pit area is not completely flat, by that I mean that the ground has a slight slope. Rhill, please look out for me, I'd like to get some video of myself on track. I am an Intermediate rider though

rocksolid

Control Rider
I will be there, that is my home track...if any one needs help just find me I am always pitted right next to tech and the hanger...

tdelegram

Control Rider
I will be there, that is my home track...if any one needs help just find me I am always pitted right next to tech and the hanger...
I need help, but I might be beyond your abilities and skills!

PS, does your brother want to ride out with me, I have room?

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
lol I doubt I'll be passing anybody, I tend to be a slow learner when it comes to new tracks....maybe start figuring things out Sunday afternoon. I'll be getting video the whole time like always, hell if you want some video find me and we will go out for a session.

If they let me throw out a tent and camp at the track I'll be happy; just saw on the website they linked to a nearby campsite, so I was curious if they allow camping on site.

Here is a video you can look at!;)

rhill

Here is a video you can look at!;)

you trying to cornfuse me even more? Started watching the video and thought "wtf, NYST opens with a left....they running it backwards?!?!" Then I saw the video title lol

Thanks again for posting up that PIRC video! Spotted a couple things I wasn't happy with on the North course and got a chance to work on it Monday during a dealership trackday.

I've been going there since they opened and camping is fine. Tents are allowed, the only issue is that the pit area is not completely flat, by that I mean that the ground has a slight slope. Rhill, please look out for me, I'd like to get some video of myself on track. I am an Intermediate rider though

I would get some video for you, but I'm stuck in A group :( if evolve is relaxed with bumps, I wouldn't mind joining I for a session to get you some video.....won't be nearly as nice as Lenny's though, I'm not great at following unless I'm setting up a pass.

Rick Crespo

you trying to cornfuse me even more? Started watching the video and thought "wtf, NYST opens with a left....they running it backwards?!?!" Then I saw the video title lol

Thanks again for posting up that PIRC video! Spotted a couple things I wasn't happy with on the North course and got a chance to work on it Monday during a dealership trackday.

I would get some video for you, but I'm stuck in A group :( if evolve is relaxed with bumps, I wouldn't mind joining I for a session to get you some video.....won't be nearly as nice as Lenny's though, I'm not great at following unless I'm setting up a pass.

Let's see.

rhill

Fyi, tomorrow is uptown(ccw) and Sunday is reverse(clockwise).

Just found out from a CR. Little disappointed; would have prefer 2 days on the same layout since I'm a slow learner, but it will be fun!

Rick Crespo

I was there and I was also kinda of bummed about the switching of the direction but I have to say that I prefer downtown to uptown. It didn't take me as much time as I thought it would take to learn the line, thanks to Brett. The only issue I had was finding the proper line through and over wheelie hill. For whatever reason I was getting it correct during the slow learning laps and I was happy with the result but when the pace increased I continuously screwed up and almost drove off the inside when by the braking marking. I almost shit myself haha. After thinking about what happened I corrected it but it wasn't as good over it as I know I could be. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to ride it again in that direction a couple more times this season.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
Fyi, tomorrow is uptown(ccw) and Sunday is reverse(clockwise).

Just found out from a CR. Little disappointed; would have prefer 2 days on the same layout since I'm a slow learner, but it will be fun!

They tend to do that every weekend.

The weather was absolutely stinkin' perfect last weekend, wasn't it?? :)

rhill

They tend to do that every weekend.

The weather was absolutely stinkin' perfect last weekend, wasn't it?? :)

It was absolutely beautiful; unfortunately, I only got to ride for the first half of Saturday then this happened:

The bike picked back up as the video ends, then fell on it's face trying to get back in the pit.

Still trying to figure out wtf is causing the issue. Absolutely no issues before this weekend; and I was just on the bike last Monday at PIRC. Only a few things changed since then; new steering dampener and oil change. Ran the tank down pretty low the last session and filled up straight from a pump, but I'd think if it was a clogged injector it would be a constant problem. Removed the power commander and quickshifter with no change. Going to check/change spark plugs, completely remove the quickshifter wire loom, go over wiring & possibly change the tank/pump tonight. Feel sick every time I think about this weekend, all that driving for a couple fun sessions on a new track, just to have the bike take a shit and spoil the fun.

Rick Crespo

Hey All,

If anyone knows Beth can you pass this along? I don't have any contact info but found this great pass from a camera I installed on a buddies R6 that was pitted next to me.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
It was absolutely beautiful; unfortunately, I only got to ride for the first half of Saturday then this happened:

Still trying to figure out wtf is causing the issue. Absolutely no issues before this weekend; and I was just on the bike last Monday at PIRC. Only a few things changed since then; new steering dampener and oil change. Ran the tank down pretty low the last session and filled up straight from a pump, but I'd think if it was a clogged injector it would be a constant problem. Removed the power commander and quickshifter with no change. Going to check/change spark plugs, completely remove the quickshifter wire loom, go over wiring & possibly change the tank/pump tonight. Feel sick every time I think about this weekend, all that driving for a couple fun sessions on a new track, just to have the bike take a shit and spoil the fun.

Never hurts to check voltage with the bike off, during starting, and at 5-6k RPM..