Nyst?

Sideshow Bob;n593255 wrote: NYST sure is making a lot off noise about being open next month. They're going to look like of stupid if they are not allowed to run, not to mention all the money that they encouraging people to send them. I hope they do open because it a cool track, but I'll be real surprised if they do. I'm also real glad I didn't give them any of my money because it's starting to smell a little sleazy.
I will send you pics when I am riding there on opening weekend May 3rd-4th!!!!!

thesnowgod

Can't comment on the background stuff. I just don't know all the behind the scenes stuff. I CAN say I'm headed there tomorrow to pick up the bodies of three R6 bikes they bought for track use. I'll be painting them to match each other and the track's theme. I've spoke with both Greg and Victoria a few times over the last couple of weeks. If things aren't going to work out, they're putting some time and effort into the whole ruse. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. At nearly 3 hours away, its still the closest track to me and a heck of a lot of fun too. :)

They are also in the process of hiring 24 new people, CR, Corner workers and ride coaches!!! If it is not going to run why would they be doing all this?? Again I will be there May 3-4th..

Sideshow Bob;n593352 wrote: Well, that's sounds like a good sign. I've got my fingers crossed too, I love that track.
My track riding buddy called to sign up for May 3-4th to go with me and Victoria told him the first 2 weekends are SOLD OUT. If it was a RUSE I would think she would have lied and still collected for those dates instead of telling him they were full, All signs look very good..

Sideshow Bob

scotman623;n593360 wrote: My track riding buddy called to sign up for May 3-4th to go with me and Victoria told him the first 2 weekends are SOLD OUT. If it was a RUSE I would think she would have lied and still collected for those dates instead of telling him they were full, All signs look very good..
That does sound good. I'll tell you what; if they are shut down, it's going to be a hell of a scene up there May 3rd. I'm booked for a private track day at NYST in June with the 675.net guys, and they are already looking for a new venue. Maybe we will be good to go after all.

DaveK22

I signed up last month using the Groupon deal they offer. At that time, I was told that I could not register for my 2 track days until April 1...thinking that was true for everyone. On April 1, to my surprise Victoria informed me that the first two weekends were already booked. It was only then that she explained that members (as in non Groupon sign ups) had first dibs & that "Groupon" members could pick any dates other than the first two weekends. A little disappointing to have to wait a bit but then again, I only paid $229 for 2 track days + a premier membership. I just wish they had explained this a little better when I signed up. So for me, confirmed today my first date now is Sat. May 17 (Victoria told me today that Fri. 16th was sold out too but she has me on the cancellation list. I expressed a preference in the 16th over the 17th...as the 17th is my wedding anniversary. Oh well lol)

JarvisB

I am one of those who jumped on their Groupon deal when it first came out, but then when I asked for a refund - they had no problem obligating. However, it is Groupon who will be dealing your refund. Over the phone, Groupon told me they usually would not refund for this transaction, but it was my first purchase on Groupon so they were willing to refund me the cost. I should also add that Groupon stated that if there is a major change to your deal then you will be entitled to a refund so sounds like if this actually happens then they will be happy to refund your cost.

Yes I rode at NYST the past weekend, It went great and we all had a lot of fun without any problems. Greg and all the staff are good people. They now have a tire changer and also do tires at the track now I will be returning there later this month for 2 more days... Check out their facebook page for info and pics from the past weekend track-days.....RIDE ON!

noupf

Yes I rode at NYST the past weekend, It went great and we all had a lot of fun without any problems. Greg and all the staff are good people. They now have a tire changer and also do tires at the track now I will be returning there later this month for 2 more days... Check out their facebook page for info and pics from the past weekend track-days.....RIDE ON!

how were the groups formatted ( beginner, intermediate and advanced ) ? did they have a lot of bikes in each group or was it fairly thin?

moman

Rode there this past Saturday and there were two, yes two of us in advanced. Only saw 4 guys go out in intermediate. Beginner had at least 10.
Sunday the weather was outstanding, 8 guys in advanced. Few more than that in other groups.
Very laid back, relaxed atmosphere with lots of room for everyone on and off the track.
Total opposite of the mayhem last year when it was a joint TPM/Absolute/member day!

DaveK22

Rode there this past Saturday and there were two, yes two of us in advanced. Only saw 4 guys go out in intermediate. Beginner had at least 10.
Sunday the weather was outstanding, 8 guys in advanced. Few more than that in other groups.
Very laid back, relaxed atmosphere with lots of room for everyone on and off the track.
Total opposite of the mayhem last year when it was a joint TPM/Absolute/member day!

I will second this. I was there Saturday only. This was my first t-day in 3 years, just getting back into it mainly because of NYST being 1 hr. & 5 minutes from my door. Compared to some of my prior t-days with 3 other orgs, I actually at times felt "lonely" on the track LOL. What was great, is you certainly could ride in a small pack if you wanted to or just easily get by yourself...how often do you have that choice! Sometimes I would wonder who was behind me, took quick peek back, only to see asphalt.

Moman aint kidding when he says "laid back & relaxed". I don't think anyone knows the eventual outcome of the litigation but the current events are ideal in my opinion. Coach "Mike" (yellow Kawi) was great with helping me on refining my riding position & actually sought me out between sessions to go over things in even more detail. Other things to note that just made for a great outing: cones marking the line, ambulance on site, crash truck was fast & efficient, onsite concessions, showers, lower parking lot was like 85% free space, & just a beautiful setting!